It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:42 pm

A few shots from Oz 
World Superstar

Post A few shots from Oz
Just thought you may like to see some pics from my recent travels :)

Starting off this is Sydney

and this is me doing my bit for Wales up the sky tower.. you cant see much but tge view was amazing for me :D

I told you all I went to the telstra stadium 8) . here is the proof

The Stadium itself was amazing. I have more shots but this is the most encompassing. For those of you interested.. the posts furthest from you are "johnnies" posts.

Before leaving sydney, I cant miss the opera house can I??? :P

The final 3 are taken at a place called whitehaven beach in the whitsundays. These pictures do not by any means do it justice. A truly amazing sight.

Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:55 pm
Profile E-mail
REF

Looks like it might (almost) be worth 25+ hours on a plane...

I should clarify that the pics are very impressive, but I don't really like flying - I wasn't being dismissive about what looks like an amazing holiday (honest!).

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:13 am
World XV Player

I should clarify that the pics are very impressive, but I don't really like flying - I wasn't being dismissive about what looks like an amazing holiday (honest!).

You could try and stowaway on a container ship....;)

Takes a coupla weeks so pack some extra marmite sarnies

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:21 am
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW
REF

Jason Clee wrote:

Marmite sarnies??? I might as well do the whole train spotter thing and fill my thermos with hot Ribena too :roll: :twisted:

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:27 am
World XV Player

mabont wrote:
Jason Clee wrote:

Marmite sarnies??? I might as well do the whole train spotter thing and fill my thermos with hot Ribena too :roll: :twisted:

MMMmmm Hot Ribena......you try getting either of those things out here...

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:31 am
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW
World Superstar

To be honest Jason the flight really isnt that bad. The worst bit for us was in LA when they hearded off the flight when in Transit and we had to sit in this pokey little room for 3 hours :S ok it wasnt little LOL and they gave us free drinks and crisps so it wasnt ACTUALLY that bad! I am hoping to pop to New Zealand in the hopefully not too distant future :D I highly recommend Oz though. A fantastic place.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
REF

To be honest Jason the flight really isnt that bad. The worst bit for us was in LA when they hearded off the flight when in Transit and we had to sit in this pokey little room for 3 hours :S ok it wasnt little LOL and they gave us free drinks and crisps so it wasnt ACTUALLY that bad! I am hoping to pop to New Zealand in the hopefully not too distant future :D I highly recommend Oz though. A fantastic place.

The thing is I get claustraphobic on aeroplanes. The longest flight I've done is to the Azores and I was practically climbing the walls at the end... I don't like lifts either, although I'm not so bad that I won't use 'em if I have to.

You flew via LA then and not via Thailand/Singapore - any reason for that, 'cos isn't it cheaper the other way?

Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:11 pm
REF

MMMmmm Hot Ribena......you try getting either of those things out here...[/quote]

Surely all the vin rouge and good weather makes up for it. One of the things I missed in France other than decent music was Cheddar cheese. I like French cheeses, but they don't do a really decent hard cheese, and drinking all that red wine made me want a decent vintage Cheddar to go with it... oh well, c'est la vie!

I did consider setting up a Cheddar exporters to France, but don't think the locals would like it very much!

Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:14 pm
World Superstar

Going that way allowed my mate to go shopping in LA and we got a stop off for free at a pacific island (Tonga). I think its about the same length for the flight either way. I was on a Jumbo most of the way and picked up a couple of 767s with Air new Zealand. Air NZ whilst not being the most giving in terms of mod cons (TVs in your chair etc) what they DO give you is the most leg room at 21cm. I didnt find them that bad at all. Infact my 3 hour flight to bulgaria with britannia was FAR worse than ANY of my long haul flights. They pack you in like sardiines on the charter flights. Really truly, the long haul flights are not that bad at all.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Surely all the vin rouge and good weather makes up for it. One of the things I missed in France other than decent music was Cheddar cheese. I like French cheeses, but they don't do a really decent hard cheese, and drinking all that red wine made me want a decent vintage Cheddar to go with it... oh well, c'est la vie!

I did consider setting up a Cheddar exporters to France, but don't think the locals would like it very much!

Cantal is quite similar. Though Comte is nice as well.

Our local Brit shop does cheddar and bacon, cheap stuff for a high price but its nice every now and again..

Good weather nah its only back up into the 30's again :)

Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:16 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW
REF

Going that way allowed my mate to go shopping in LA and we got a stop off for free at a pacific island (Tonga). I think its about the same length for the flight either way. I was on a Jumbo most of the way and picked up a couple of 767s with Air new Zealand. Air NZ whilst not being the most giving in terms of mod cons (TVs in your chair etc) what they DO give you is the most leg room at 21cm. I didnt find them that bad at all. Infact my 3 hour flight to bulgaria with britannia was FAR worse than ANY of my long haul flights. They pack you in like sardiines on the charter flights. Really truly, the long haul flights are not that bad at all.

Aaah cunning plan. Not sure that I fancy LA all that much but Tonga sounds worth a look. To be honest anything that broke up the journey would be a good idea at that sort of distance. Any problems with turbulence?

Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:25 pm
REF

Jason Clee wrote:

Cantal is quite similar. Though Comte is nice as well.

Our local Brit shop does cheddar and bacon, cheap stuff for a high price but its nice every now and again..

Good weather nah its only back up into the 30's again :)

Cheers, I'll look out for those when I'm on holiday (although it may be a while for me to scrape together enough Euro's to return to France :cry: ).

It's in the mid 20's here so not too bad, although the down side is that I'm part of a "Ground force" style garden makeover in Merthyr tomorrow :? :shock: at the end of it my friends garden (he's in Cuba on honeymoon) will probably look better than mine. Damn! I guess I need to get married again!!!!

Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:28 pm
World Superstar

Quote:
Not sure that I fancy LA all that much but Tonga sounds worth a look.

I`ll be honest, I didnt really like Tonga. Its very pretty at the beaches and very untouched but lets just say I can understand why so many have come over here to play rugby. There isnt a great deal to do there. However if you DO like the idea of exploring places before anyone else really has then go for it. Me? I am too much of a city boy LOL. coming from Oz and then going to tonga was a major shock to the system LOL. I tell you something though. I am amazed at how much luggage the tongans are able to get on to a plane! Not counting themselves! They are biiig people! LOL.

Quote:
To be honest anything that broke up the journey would be a good idea at that sort of distance. Any problems with turbulence?

Yeah the break was good! We stopped for 24 hours in LA on the way back and got a good deal on a hotel for like £20 at a travel inn or something like that. No turbulence at all on any of the flights. The only turbulence I have experienced was again going to bulgaria LOL THEN there was a lot.

[/quote]

Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:32 pm
Profile WWW