It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:02 am

A big moan...Mid game coach interviews 
World XV Player

Post A big moan...Mid game coach interviews
Just piss off with this. It's always around the twenty minute mark in a game in each half with some coach being interviewed on the touchline while the game continues. It's infuriating, it adds nothing and detracts from the game going on. I mute it now, pointless and uninteresting. *fupp* off with it tele.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:42 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: A big moan...Mid game coach interviews
simondavis wrote:
Just piss off with this. It's always around the twenty minute mark in a game in each half with some coach being interviewed on the touchline while the game continues. It's infuriating, it adds nothing and detracts from the game going on. I mute it now, pointless and uninteresting. *fupp* off with it tele.

They're trying to give the viewer a close and inclusive experience, I believe; doesn't always work.

Sean

Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's the half time interview just as they are going off the field, I'm really looking forward to Alun Wyn smacking Phil Steele one with his mike (Not that there is anything wrong with PS)

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Phil Steele is a top bloke, my missus wants to have his babies for some reason!!!! That's not why I think he's a top bloke mind.

I agree about these interviews. The only good one I ever saw was Lynn Jones on S4C when he was with the Os. He started off in Welsh as it was S4C but got caught up in the game and ended up in English mid sentence. I also remember him after another game singing three versus of 'climb every mountain' from the Sound of Music but that's for another thread.

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:15 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Phil Steele is a top bloke, my missus wants to have his babies for some reason!!!! That's not why I think he's a top bloke mind.

I agree about these interviews. The only good one I ever saw was Lynn Jones on S4C when he was with the Os. He started off in Welsh as it was S4C but got caught up in the game and ended up in English mid sentence. I also remember him after another game singing three versus of 'climb every mountain' from the Sound of Music but that's for another thread.

More Lynn Jones please. But he's a one off and a special case of the most interesting sort otherwise they can still piss off.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:31 pm
World XV Player

The other one is looking at some person in the stands or a closeup on someone on the field unrelated to what is going on. Also watching replays and missing the current action as a result. I think once I missed a try because a replay was being shown at the time, they took a tap and go and scored in the middle of the replay.

It's in all sports though, F1 has bits where they look at people in the pits. I don't give a flying *fupp* what the pit crew look like watching TV!

Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:46 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

I'd love to see something really controversial happen during one of these stupid interviews, like the opposition score a try from an obvious forward pass, and its awarded, or their star player gets clotheslined by a big ugly forward, something along those lines.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Its not done for "rugby people", everyone i know hates it

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Do they do it during international matches? I don't ever recall seeing it.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Ha ha, can you imagine catching Graham Henry or Steve Hansen mid game. :D

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:40 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:

I'm assuming it must be for the glory supporters then!

Those casual fans watch in huge numbers for Zebra vs Dragons, away, in the rain. The sort of person who only follow the Dragons now they are winning all the time.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I half remember when a player was set up with a mike and transmitter for use during the game. It must have been a special or one off, but I bet its the next thing.

" did that rattle your ribs? " "FFFFFFffuuu

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Blindside wrote:

Those casual fans watch in huge numbers for Zebra vs Dragons, away, in the rain. The sort of person who only follow the Dragons now they are winning all the time.

They never say anything it is a feast of euphemisms, its embarrassing a bit like someone opening a toilet door when someones taking a dump. :dontknow: Some people may like it, but people who have played the game in my experience cringe.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Blindside wrote:

They never say anything it is a feast of euphemisms, its embarrassing a bit like someone opening a toilet door when someones taking a dump. :dontknow: Some people may like it, but people who have played the game in my experience cringe.

I completely agree by the way - I hope my sarcasm was obvious - you are right, but I don't know whether anyone gets anything from it. Certainly the manager interview.

I think the half time walk off isn't too bad. You learn nothing about the game but the body language of the players is interesting.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Blindside wrote:

I completely agree by the way - I hope my sarcasm was obvious - you are right, but I don't know whether anyone gets anything from it. Certainly the manager interview.

I think the half time walk off isn't too bad. You learn nothing about the game but the body language of the players is interesting.

Another way of looking at it is if it gets people interested who may not have been, need everything be for the purist :dontknow: :) Just makes me feel uncomfortable. But as you say not as uncomfortable as some of the players :)

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:19 pm
Profile E-mail