World XV Player

Post New Scarlets Bok signing Cassiem
Cassiem No8

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... iem/885877

Is this old news? If so, Mods pls delete and apologies

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:50 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: New Scarlets Bok signing Cassiem
It's new news Tel although there has been some speculation for sometime that a SA forward was coming. Recruitment isn't complete either so more news to come probably

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:21 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
It's new news Tel although there has been some speculation for sometime that a SA forward was coming. Recruitment isn't complete either so more news to come probably

How are they financing these signings Icey?

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:30 pm
World XV Player

Bitcoin

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:44 pm
World XV Player

More money wanted from the union , when they get the begging bowl out again remember this.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Good signing for Scarlets. Impressed whenever seen him play

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
More money wanted from the union , when they get the begging bowl out again remember this.

No, just a well run commercial business with new sharp management. Attendance up, ECC wins, on an upward curve, for now.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 pm
World XV Player

We will see , running a book In work which region asks/demands/begs for more money first , Squwaks way out in front.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Good signing for Scarlets. Impressed whenever seen him play

They deserve all the money they get as they have contributed hugely to the status of Welsh rugby in the last 3 years.

Winning the pro14 is a historical achievement and even that pales into insignificance with the International results with the Lions.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:41 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

I have no idea Tel but they are seen as good value for money as they don't have international commitments during the AIs and 6N and are therefore available all season. Probably as good value for money as most internationals on NDCs.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:08 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

I have no idea Tel but they are seen as good value for money as they don't have international commitments during the AIs and 6N and are therefore available all season. Probably as good value for money as most internationals on NDCs.

Icey

I totally agree, quality NWQs are an essential part of a successful set up!
They are excellent parallel match presence and are a good development presence to introduce other methods and experiences.

The Osps most successful period was with Holah (Sp?), Collins, Marshall et al ..

I even think that with 'out of the box' thinking WRU could consider Regional subsidy for a limited Regional NWQ recruitment... now that would be a turn up for the book!! ;) The overall worth could sensibly improve total quality.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:00 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Icey

They are excellent parallel match presence and are a good development presence to introduce other methods and experiences.

The Osps most successful period was with Holah (Sp?), Collins, Marshall et al ..

I even think that with 'out of the box' thinking WRU could consider Regional subsidy for a limited Regional NWQ recruitment... now that would be a turn up for the book!! ;) The overall worth could sensibly improve total quality.

Do you have no players on NDC contracts?

That's a major handout right there, especially when your stars actually stay down west.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:20 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Icey

Do you have no players on NDC contracts?

That's a major handout right there, especially when your stars actually stay down west.

Part of the pyramid is to develop local talent to the highest standard, which the Ospreys used to be very good at. It's not a hand out. Look for England to start doing the same.

The Scarlets had few players on such contracts until this mid season, with only Lee, Ball and Foxy signed this way..

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:14 pm
Regional Player

This might be a good signing for the Scarlets but developing ball carrying 8s seems to be a bit of an issue for Wales

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ponty1978 wrote:
This might be a good signing for the Scarlets but developing ball carrying 8s seems to be a bit of an issue for Wales

Yes, we have 6 or 8 #8s who don't have all the skills.

Perhaps they'll improve with age.

We still have one or two top class #8s, of course.

Do you have a few youngsters coming along, ponty?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:28 am