It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:29 pm

Changes below the reejuns 
World XV Player

Post Changes below the reejuns
Rugby
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... d-14404806
Seems like the whole of Welsh rugby is t be sacrificed on the alter of regional rugby

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Changes below the reejuns
The 30 Pro french teams all run an U23 team called 'Les Espoirs' (the hopefuls) and they are split into leagues and have a formal championship. The players are usually french. It follows from the Academy system

However the irony of this 'development' vehicle is that their progress gets clogged by foreign imports at the Pro level :(

Best players quickly usurped into Pro ranks and not unusual for young to be adult Internationals ... This takes some of the 'quality' out of the system.

They also have their own contract system and can play at Pro ProDiv2 and Top14 level within squad size limits and associated regs.

For the younger element there is also a 'social services' obligation and costs for players training in other trades, education and professions.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:27 pm
World XV Player

Cut the WP to 12? Simple, get rid of Newport Cardiff Llanelli and Swansea or Neath and let them concentrate on the U23 sides

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Oh and can I say that I feckin hate the WOL website

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I went to a meeting about this where all this was presented to the Championship clubs.

The issue with the under 23 was the cost, around one and a half million (as i remember) !. Coaches, traveling for 4 teams etc.

The issue with the reduction of the numbers of Premiership clubs was the number it was reduced by, they acknowledged the obvious need for reduction to probably no more than 10, but that this would never be allowed, they hope for 12 but in all probability by the time it goes to committee it will be 14.

These changes in my view do not address the shortfall of effective coaching for young players and issues in the nursery clubs, they neither make things better or worst.

The premiership is a complete debacle, it may marginally improve things but if it ends up 14 teams it will be negligible. The correct number is probably 8. The money spent on the under 23 should then finance cross-border initiatives with the 8 clubs for extra fixtures.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
I went to a meeting about this where all this was presented to the Championship clubs.

The issue with the under 23 was the cost, around one and a half million (as i remember) !. Coaches, traveling for 4 teams etc.

The issue with the reduction of the numbers of Premiership clubs was the number it was reduced by, they acknowledged the obvious need for reduction to probably no more than 10, but that this would never be allowed, they hope for 12 but in all probability by the time it goes to committee it will be 14.

These changes in my view do not address the shortfall of effective coaching for young players and issues in the nursery clubs, they neither make things better or worst.

The premiership is a complete debacle, it may marginally improve things but if it ends up 14 teams it will be negligible. The correct number is probably 8. The money spent on the under 23 should then finance cross-border initiatives with the 8 clubs for extra fixtures.

Fundamental, the recent comments on the NZ organisation put total emphasis on the 'pyramid' Top to bttom and within each strata' and the keyword was integration

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:39 pm
World XV Player

12 team prem is the number I have heard , but not Bound to be on league position , and will be ring fenced ,just to make sure the quality stays low.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
12 team prem is the number I have heard , but not Bound to be on league position , and will be ring fenced ,just to make sure the quality stays low.

Reagan King is off to Neath.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:37 am