It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Top 3 rugby events in the World 
Author Message
Primary Schools Player

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:05 pm
Posts: 20
Post Top 3 rugby events in the World
1st Rugby World cup
2nd Hong Kong seven's
3rd a British and Irish Lion's game

Whats your top 3 favorite guys :D


Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:09 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35559
Post Re: Top 3 rugby events in the World
Bont v Hendy
Scarlets v Ospreys
6 Nations

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 6:35 pm
Posts: 17082
Location: Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post Re: Top 3 rugby events in the World
5 Nations
6 Nations
Mythical Pint**



** Promised a pint of Double Dragon by Icey c.2003. Promised another in 2005. It's now 2018 and the Mythical Pint from Icey remains just that, MYTHICAL!! :D

_________________
"I have to say, I find that offensive toward (insert cause/belief)"

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!


Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:16 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11956
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Top 3 rugby events in the World
Went to the Hong Kong Sevens, once and never saw a game. Was in a Irish bar in Hong Kong at 10.30 in the evening when Wales beat Ireland to win the Grand Slam in 2005. Would love to go again, but cant see me being allowed due to the itinerary of the last trip via Thailand :crybaby: :crybaby: But it will always be my greatest rugby event :D

As a pure rugby spectacle id say first Lions tour of NZ
Second rugby WC
Third, 6 Nations

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 693
Location: Bewdley
Post Re: Top 3 rugby events in the World
Otto wrote:
5 Nations
6 Nations
Mythical Pint**



** Promised a pint of Double Dragon by Icey c.2003. Promised another in 2005. It's now 2018 and the Mythical Pint from Icey remains just that, MYTHICAL!! :D


** To defend Icey - he once bought me a coffee :D

For me it's -
6 Nations
Wales playing anyone else in the AI's
Lions


Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 722
Post Re: Top 3 rugby events in the World
I have many individual games that i can think of, but events wise;

1: 6 Nations
2: World Cup
3: Rugby Champions Cup

Others such as the Lions tour, barbarian games, london sevens, melrose sevens and A.Is also deserve homourable mentions


Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35559
Post Re: Top 3 rugby events in the World
Welsh Exile wrote:
Otto wrote:
5 Nations
6 Nations
Mythical Pint**



** Promised a pint of Double Dragon by Icey c.2003. Promised another in 2005. It's now 2018 and the Mythical Pint from Icey remains just that, MYTHICAL!! :D


** To defend Icey - he once bought me a coffee :D

For me it's -
6 Nations
Wales playing anyone else in the AI's
Lions
Hold on the pint of DD was still on the bar at Stradey the day they knocked it down. :D

There will be one on the counter for the LaRochelle game if you like Otto. :occasion5:

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:38 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 6:35 pm
Posts: 17082
Location: Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post Re: Top 3 rugby events in the World
ICEverything wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:
Otto wrote:
5 Nations
6 Nations
Mythical Pint**



** Promised a pint of Double Dragon by Icey c.2003. Promised another in 2005. It's now 2018 and the Mythical Pint from Icey remains just that, MYTHICAL!! :D


** To defend Icey - he once bought me a coffee :D

For me it's -
6 Nations
Wales playing anyone else in the AI's
Lions
Hold on the pint of DD was still on the bar at Stradey the day they knocked it down. :D

There will be one on the counter for the LaRochelle game if you like Otto. :occasion5:


I may finally take you up on that Rob, let me have your itinerary no less than 10 days beforehand mind, I've heard some cracking excuses in the past emanating from the Bont!! :D :D

_________________
"I have to say, I find that offensive toward (insert cause/belief)"

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!


Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:39 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15518
Location: Japan
Post Re: Top 3 rugby events in the World
Any AB Test but especially against the 3Ns.
WC
Lions

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:54 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35559
Post Re: Top 3 rugby events in the World
Otto wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:
Otto wrote:
5 Nations
6 Nations
Mythical Pint**



** Promised a pint of Double Dragon by Icey c.2003. Promised another in 2005. It's now 2018 and the Mythical Pint from Icey remains just that, MYTHICAL!! :D


** To defend Icey - he once bought me a coffee :D

For me it's -
6 Nations
Wales playing anyone else in the AI's
Lions
Hold on the pint of DD was still on the bar at Stradey the day they knocked it down. :D

There will be one on the counter for the LaRochelle game if you like Otto. :occasion5:


I may finally take you up on that Rob, let me have your itinerary no less than 10 days beforehand mind, I've heard some cracking excuses in the past emanating from the Bont!! :D :D

I can give you my itinery now.

1. Get up and have breakfast.
2. Take the wife shopping all morning in Trostre.
3. Make lunch for everyone between 1pm and 2pm.
4. Off tp PyS at 3pm - start with a Crazy Crepe in the Barm then onto the Guinness,
5. Into the ground at about 5pm just in time to here the singing,

There we are Otto, I can fit you in anywhere - would you like to go shopping with my wife. :D

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:48 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:35 am
Posts: 8662
Post Re: Top 3 rugby events in the World
1. AB tests
2. RWC
3 Bledisloe

:love4:


Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:59 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: