It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
What is going on down at Arms Park? 
Site Admin

Post Re: What is going on down at Arms Park?
ICEverything wrote:
Bouch wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
The Blues are the only Welsh team to have so far won European silverware, plus they won the AWC a year after the Ospreys did, and for a long time regularly came 2nd/3rd in the Pro 12 (before play-offs were introduced). The Dragons they are not.

To repeat myself for the umpteenth time, the Irish Provinces didn't get organised for 2 years and more.

The Ospreys did rather well out of the Celtic Warriors debacle, so did Cardiff Blues.

Only now in the last 3 or 4 years has the Scarlets franchise developed enough top senior players to make a major contribution to Welsh International Rugby.

See if you can join up the dots, Naj.

Bouch, I love your posts but you don't half peddle a warped bike at times.

There have been plenty of times throughout the pro era when the Welsh team backline alone has been 80 to 100% Scarlets not to mention their forwards contribution.
Come on now Ice since when did the facts form part of any Bouch post :D

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Bouch wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
The Blues are the only Welsh team to have so far won European silverware, plus they won the AWC a year after the Ospreys did, and for a long time regularly came 2nd/3rd in the Pro 12 (before play-offs were introduced). The Dragons they are not.

To repeat myself for the umpteenth time, the Irish Provinces didn't get organised for 2 years and more.

The Ospreys did rather well out of the Celtic Warriors debacle, so did Cardiff Blues.

Only now in the last 3 or 4 years has the Scarlets franchise developed enough top senior players to make a major contribution to Welsh International Rugby.

There have been plenty of times throughout the pro era when the Welsh team backline alone has been 80 to 100% Scarlets not to mention their forwards contribution.
That's very true grimps and in fairness, it's part of his charm. :D

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:58 pm
World XV Player

When did the amount of resources count for anything. Never seen them on a league table , should it come before or after bonus points scored,

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Bouch wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

That's very true grimps and in fairness, it's part of his charm. :D

I am consistent.

The Scarlets screamed for equal shares for all when the Ospreys dominated international squads ......

Then NDC's came along .... https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/definitive-guide-welsh-rugby-players-13449554

:D

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:39 am
World XV Player

Chris ScumV wrote:
Financials 101

Blues rugby (cardiff rfc) owe PT a fortune. If they go bust, he loses that money.

The land is worth a fortune x10 (of what Pieman has loaned the rugby group).

CAC is a shareholder organisation, quite a few individuals will make an ABSOLUTE fortune if the value of the land is realised.

that's my take on it

Which is what this stand off is all about, and *fupp* the rugby...

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 pm
World XV Player

Old Second Row wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
Financials 101

Blues rugby (cardiff rfc) owe PT a fortune. If they go bust, he loses that money.

CAC is a shareholder organisation, quite a few individuals will make an ABSOLUTE fortune if the value of the land is realised.

that's my take on it

If I remember rightly at least some of PT loan was payable at a going rate?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:30 pm
Regional Player

The Blues complain that they do not get the support from the satellite clubs in the Vale and Valleys. This is probably due to the complete lack of car parking facilities which means people from outside the city are at a big disadvantage. Could a new stadium be built in the Sophia Gardens area, and an efficient P& R service operated from the present terminals. The present International P&R involves too much walking to the P.S.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Buses, trains ......................

:thumbup:

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:24 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:

Have you actually tried it?

It seems I do not live far form you, and I have. It is a real put off. Two or three times a year is my limit (but I am old :alien: )

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
The Blues complain that they do not get the support from the satellite clubs in the Vale and Valleys. This is probably due to the complete lack of car parking facilities which means people from outside the city are at a big disadvantage. Could a new stadium be built in the Sophia Gardens area, and an efficient P& R service operated from the present terminals. The present International P&R involves too much walking to the P.S.

The data you mention would need to be compared to how many people walk to the Arms Park either from work or from the train station. Currently, you couldn't be more convenient for the train or people working in the centre. Mayne a couple of beers and a train ride home. The extra half mile or so to Sophia might put off more people than you would think.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Bouch wrote:

It seems I do not live far form you, and I have. It is a real put off. Two or three times a year is my limit (but I am old :alien: )

I've tried getting to a Blues match and Cardiff matches about 60 times.

Internationals about 2 a year since 1968, a quarter of them by car.

Look, start early. Learn where the best places for parking can be found - share the driving.

Preparation is quite important.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
Financials 101

that's my take on it

If I remember rightly at least some of PT loan was payable at a going rate?

This is where it all goes tits up. Is it a loan or is it a lever or is it a ransom? Take your pick. I know where my money is.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
According to what I've just read, the Blues pay 120k a year to rent the stadium.

They are 100k in arrears, 10 months worth.

It's a pretty small amount of money in terms of the Blues overall budget.

and your insinuation is exactly what?

One could read that various ways? ;)

One could!
I'd start with what landlord entertains discussions with a tenant 10 months in arrears
And how is such a relatively small amount of money 'cash flow' problems in the middle of the season.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Chris ScumV wrote:
Financials 101

that's my take on it

I wouldn't have thought ordinary individual members would gain, only members that might be able to buy the land.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
soap wrote:
Bouch wrote:

I've tried getting to a Blues match and Cardiff matches about 60 times.

Internationals about 2 a year since 1968, a quarter of them by car.

Look, start early. Learn where the best places for parking can be found - share the driving.

Preparation is quite important.

I mean have you tried it by public transport.

For me, it is bus 61 10 min to catch a change to a x2 during the day. Or a 63B as the last 61 is 5:30 and this takes 50 min to Bridgend, and more importantly, home. So for an evening game I have been out an hour before even getting on the right bus. The trip to Cardif is over an hour, and this is the same coming home.

It is 45-50 min by car, no contest.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:19 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next