It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:25 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
What is going on down at Arms Park? 
World XV Player

Post Re: What is going on down at Arms Park?
And yet, Navidi.

He must be immune, Byti.

:D

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:28 am
World XV Player

They make the odd mistake , and let some talen break through despite their best efforts.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
They make the odd mistake , and let some talen break through despite their best efforts.

:D

:thumbup:

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:11 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
[

Now I've been a Cardiff supporter all of my life and then A Blues supporter when they came along. History says that they will bodge along as they are, do nothing for a very long while then when push comes to shove they will do a deal to stay there. Both parties that is. They are as pathetic as each other. I wish the WRU would drop a bomb on the whole site and buy out the Blues franchise and let Cardiff rugby alone with CAAC so they can die a slow and painful *fupping* death.... None of this will happen of course. They will rot from their very rotten inside because they are a toy in a rich mans game of monopoly.

Agree'd.

Cardiff Rugby (in what ever guise) and CAC are a 2 person human centipede. They will still be playing there when cockroaches rule the Earth. They will still be fighting over the same things.

Hats not welcome.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:20 pm
Site Admin

In defence of CAC, pieman is trying to rip them off.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Financials 101

Blues rugby (cardiff rfc) owe PT a fortune. If they go bust, he loses that money.

The land is worth a fortune x10 (of what Pieman has loaned the rugby group).

CAC is a shareholder organisation, quite a few individuals will make an ABSOLUTE fortune if the value of the land is realised.

that's my take on it

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Chris ScumV wrote:
Financials 101

Blues rugby (cardiff rfc) owe PT a fortune. If they go bust, he loses that money.

The land is worth a fortune x10 (of what Pieman has loaned the rugby group).

CAC is a shareholder organisation, quite a few individuals will make an ABSOLUTE fortune if the value of the land is realised.

that's my take on it

Land value now (plus parking revenue) v land value in 20 years?/??? v interest rates at the moment

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pretty much what I was saying earlier , pt wants to redevelop westgate st and was/is hoping to use the blues as a bargaining chip to get his hands on a long enough lease to make it worth while.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

What is quite clear is that no-one involved has the faintest intention of producing the best professional rugby team possible from Cardiff and its environs. We can only hope the WRU say enough is enough and close the sorry lot down. They are completely unfit to be running 1/4 of the Welsh elite level.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Their history is tremendous and they should be proud of it.

Up to 2005 or so .....

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:53 am
World XV Player

The Blues are the only Welsh team to have so far won European silverware, plus they won the AWC a year after the Ospreys did, and for a long time regularly came 2nd/3rd in the Pro 12 (before play-offs were introduced). The Dragons they are not.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
The Blues are the only Welsh team to have so far won European silverware, plus they won the AWC a year after the Ospreys did, and for a long time regularly came 2nd/3rd in the Pro 12 (before play-offs were introduced). The Dragons they are not.

But the Dragons have had less funding, fewer international players and so on. The expectations from a team from Cardiff are a lot higher. They are underperformers.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

To repeat myself for the umpteenth time, the Irish Provinces didn't get organised for 2 years and more.

The Ospreys did rather well out of the Celtic Warriors debacle, so did Cardiff Blues.

Only now in the last 3 or 4 years has the Scarlets franchise developed enough top senior players to make a major contribution to Welsh International Rugby.

See if you can join up the dots, Naj.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:43 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

To repeat myself for the umpteenth time, the Irish Provinces didn't get organised for 2 years and more.

The Ospreys did rather well out of the Celtic Warriors debacle, so did Cardiff Blues.

Only now in the last 3 or 4 years has the Scarlets franchise developed enough top senior players to make a major contribution to Welsh International Rugby.

See if you can join up the dots, Naj.

Bouch, I love your posts but you don't half peddle a warped bike at times.

There have been plenty of times throughout the pro era when the Welsh team backline alone has been 80 to 100% Scarlets not to mention their forwards contribution.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 am
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

No, they are worse.. given the resources they have

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:27 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next