It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
What is going on down at Arms Park? 
World XV Player

Post Re: What is going on down at Arms Park?
No mention of hats

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:05 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

According to what I've just read, the Blues pay 120k a year to rent the stadium.

They are 100k in arrears, 10 months worth.

It's a pretty small amount of money in terms of the Blues overall budget.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
According to what I've just read, the Blues pay 120k a year to rent the stadium.

They are 100k in arrears, 10 months worth.

It's a pretty small amount of money in terms of the Blues overall budget.

and your insinuation is exactly what?

One could read that various ways? ;)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:58 pm
thread ruining clique

I think it would do the Blues a world of good to get away from an archaic, throwback like CAC, who want to nothing to do with modernisation and just want to perpetuate their own importance.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:04 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
I think it would do the Blues a world of good to get away from an archaic, throwback like CAC, who want to nothing to do with modernisation and just want to perpetuate their own importance.

I tend to agree with that.

Time to just cut the cord and leave 'em and create a new scene and just bury anything that's left of the demise of the once famous blue and blacks now in significant demise.

It has become an embarrassment ... go create new,... God knows that there are very favourable aspects of Cardiff and Pro Rugby potential ...it is a prime environment and catchment for successful pro sport ... Oh .. hang on ... depends on the level of entrepreneurial capability to lead the initiative and level of venture capital it may excite...

Current intrigue, multiple motivations and ulterior motives to just concentrate on successful Pro Rugby in the capital of Wales.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:44 pm
World XV Player

It's a pile of shite. They should tell CAAC to stuff it and move elsewhere except they won't and probably can't. They are a pig in a pokey. Where are they going to get the money from to build a new stadium? Where could they rent a stadium in Cardiff? Nowhere, so all this crap about moving won't happen. Personally I'd like to see the whole place demolished then Glanmors gap can be filled up. 8 million over 150 years. I mean wtf!! How much is that a year? 53 thousand in todays money. Peanuts. In 150 years that'll be around 10 pence a year at inflation rates. The Blues are taking the piss.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:11 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
It's a pile of shite. They should tell CAAC to stuff it and move elsewhere except they won't and probably can't. They are a pig in a pokey. Where are they going to get the money from to build a new stadium? Where could they rent a stadium in Cardiff? Nowhere, so all this crap about moving won't happen. Personally I'd like to see the whole place demolished then Glanmors gap can be filled up. 8 million over 150 years. I mean wtf!! How much is that a year? 53 thousand in todays money. Peanuts. In 150 years that'll be around 10 pence a year at inflation rates. The Blues are taking the piss.

Does that mean 2 0ptions ...

-an investor

-Stay as is

or what?

What d'you think Simon and what do you foresee as liklihood and consequence....?

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:20 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:

The pieman wants to develop westgate street , but he has to hold a long lease in order to make it worth while, and if he can get that lease for peanuts even better, as for glanmores gap it would not be worth filling in now , how many more seats at what cost , the blues move away from the CAP, dodgy move they tried it once, it is a fantastic site for a sporting arena town centre transport hub , only down side is on site food and drink sales will be limited by the nearby places , I think they move away at there peril, the CAC is not that bad the structure seems sound (I am not a civil engineer) it has more seats than they can sell at the moment , I believe they will stay , pay a reasonable rent and bumble along as they are doing now.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The reason people don't go to see the Blues to fill Cardiff Arms Park every week is not because of the condition of the stadium - I went recently, had a comfortable seat and enjoyedy evening - it is because of the rugby. The Blues have all the ingredients from which they can produce a great team. They are frustrating.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

They do seem to have the ability to drain the flair out of almost any player.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Does that mean 2 0ptions ...

-an investor

-Stay as is

or what?

What d'you think Simon and what do you foresee as liklihood and consequence....?

Now I've been a Cardiff supporter all of my life and then A Blues supporter when they came along. History says that they will bodge along as they are, do nothing for a very long while then when push comes to shove they will do a deal to stay there. Both parties that is. They are as pathetic as each other. I wish the WRU would drop a bomb on the whole site and buy out the Blues franchise and let Cardiff rugby alone with CAAC so they can die a slow and painful *fupping* death.... None of this will happen of course. They will rot from their very rotten inside because they are a toy in a rich mans game of monopoly.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:56 pm
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
simondavis wrote:

The pieman wants to develop westgate street , but he has to hold a long lease in order to make it worth while, and if he can get that lease for peanuts even better, as for glanmores gap it would not be worth filling in now , how many more seats at what cost , the blues move away from the CAP, dodgy move they tried it once, it is a fantastic site for a sporting arena town centre transport hub , only down side is on site food and drink sales will be limited by the nearby places , I think they move away at there peril, the CAC is not that bad the structure seems sound (I am not a civil engineer) it has more seats than they can sell at the moment , I believe they will stay , pay a reasonable rent and bumble along as they are doing now.

You know what Jim. I don't care any more, they wanted the WRU to take over the region earlier in the year which said it all to me. Pies and his lapdog Holland....They do not give *fupp* mate about anything but that deal they are after. No wonder Danny Wilson left, they've been a basket case for years and Pies is getting worse. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:10 pm
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:

It was described as a Talent Drain a few years back, Jim.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:12 am
International Player

Bouch wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:

Talentectomy shirley

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:13 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:

A talent drain would imply up the talent was going somewhere as in the brain drain of the 60's and 70's , down there it just seems to evaporate.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:22 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next