It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby 
World XV Player

Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
Old Second Row wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
I hope they go for a very good proven coach, and the same for Cardiff. The days of going down the well trodden route of ex player not long since finished playing, learning on the job, should be banished to the history books, get guys in who know their onions, and lets see some progress.

The current wru set up have made quite a lot of noise about regional and coaching appointments... specifically the blues saying they need to get this right

I would hope this continues to the ospreys and we see a good appointment

Phil Davies is out of a job at the moment...
And should stay out of a job in rugby, plenty of opportunities at Mc Donalds for him to chase.

Wonder if that old cancer of Welsh rugby: "...it's not what you know but who you know..." will raise its ugly head again wrt either of these appointments.
I'll pleasantly surprised if just one of them were to go out and recruit the best coach available, as opposed to someone (per the above example) who's out of work, won't cost too much and knows someone on the board...

I have a wee problem with what you're saying there.

The best coach available isn't going to be interested in either of these posts.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
I hope they go for a very good proven coach, and the same for Cardiff. The days of going down the well trodden route of ex player not long since finished playing, learning on the job, should be banished to the history books, get guys in who know their onions, and lets see some progress.

The current wru set up have made quite a lot of noise about regional and coaching appointments... specifically the blues saying they need to get this right

And should stay out of a job in rugby, plenty of opportunities at Mc Donalds for him to chase.

Wonder if that old cancer of Welsh rugby: "...it's not what you know but who you know..." will raise its ugly head again wrt either of these appointments.
I'll pleasantly surprised if just one of them were to go out and recruit the best coach available, as opposed to someone (per the above example) who's out of work, won't cost too much and knows someone on the board...

I should have perhaps have been a little clearer - the best coach who is both willing and available...

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:57 pm
World XV Player

Old Second Row wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:

I should have perhaps have been a little clearer - the best coach who is both willing and available...

I have a nephew who came through the English (England Under 20 cap) setup was coached by Tandy in Bridgend and had a small contract with the Ospreys trained with them only played in the LV games. He couldnt speak highly enough of Tandy and said he was the best coach hed worked with.

Personally, the erratic nature of the performances made his position impossible, the players did not perform for him or the club to many times! If that's his fault, i have no idea, but the buck stops with him. Why he was given the length of contract is shockingly inept.

Ospreys look like a side on the slide and i don't think any coach is going to halt it without a change of approach. I see no prospect of that from an incompetent structure.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Personally, the erratic nature of the performances made his position impossible, the players did not perform for him or the club to many times! If that's his fault, i have no idea, but the buck stops with him. Why he was given the length of contract is shockingly inept.

Ospreys look like a side on the slide and i don't think any coach is going to halt it without a change of approach. I see no prospect of that from an incompetent structure.

Hear hear

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:

The squad is aging, stars are leaving, the team is on the slide and requires re-building with funds they don't seem to have.

My problem with the Ospreys this season, is that in the European Cup they have been competitive with some of Europes best, but in the league they couldn't beat an egg. Same players, totally different attitudes

Their finish to last season was insipid to say the least.

That strikes me as a player problem more than a coach problem.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Blindside wrote:

The squad is aging, stars are leaving, the team is on the slide and requires re-building with funds they don't seem to have.

My problem with the Ospreys this season, is that in the European Cup they have been competitive with some of Europes best, but in the league they couldn't beat an egg. Same players, totally different attitudes

The buck stops with the Executive!

Did you watch the recent video interview with Blythe et al?
It was a farce.
We discussed it on here.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:02 pm
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The video is here :
(start it back at the beginning)

Millward MD equivalent is 'learning the business' etc :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59xqIV5e67g

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:05 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The video is here :

At risk of sounding like the proverbial broken down record, another example of the "...it's not what you know but who you know..." syndrome. :thumbdown:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:31 pm
World XV Player

Old Second Row wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The video is here :

At risk of sounding like the proverbial broken down record, another example of the "...it's not what you know but who you know..." syndrome. :thumbdown:

Take your point :thumbup:

but do you take mine that the malaise is deeper than just the coach and in this case Tandy?

But, apparently, the management of this Pro Sport business @ Ospreys

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 pm
Site Admin

Old Second Row wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The video is here :

The O's are becoming a school for special needs.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The video is here :

The O's are becoming a school for special needs.

Aye, they need a Welsh Captain and half a dozen WG International players. Then they'd have almost the same handout from the WRU as others.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:45 pm
thread ruining clique

They need to start recruiting immediately if they're to make any improvements next season. A new coach might galvanise the squad enough to get them a few positions up the table, but things are looking pretty bleak for the Ospreys.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
Blindside wrote:

The buck stops with the Executive!

Did you watch the recent video interview with Blythe et al?
It was a farce.
We discussed it on here.

Yes i agree, but my point is the coach will always get the fault for performances. The buck should stop with the executive, which is kind of what im saying, but the reality is unless the organisation flounders clearly as an organisation rather than as a team,they will look at this coach and the next coach and the coach after. Thats the reality of the situation.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Has the executive not ratified the decision by sacking the coach?

Looking at the ospreys squad should they be bottom of their pool

Suggests to me it’s a coaching and selection issue... recruitment has been poor though

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The video is here :

Take your point :thumbup:

but do you take mine that the malaise is deeper than just the coach and in this case Tandy?

But, apparently, the management of this Pro Sport business @ Ospreys

Yep. management in general down at the O's looks to be dysfunctional.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:17 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next