It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:28 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6740
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42782187

Shane Says:
"Ospreys players must share blame for Tandy exit."


Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13714
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
it is difficult in such circumstances to get a clear position and opinion, thete are so many sources with different motives?.... ;) ....Tandy under fire ...etc...but?

From my point of view, Ospreys have been on a slide for some time from a position of being the generally better performing Welsh side and one which did try to create and support a ´region' although that has also been contention within (as an Aberavon supporter I am well aware of that)

In pure Pro Rugby Business aspects none of the so called Regions have performed well if one regards the total standard parameters.

However, on the field performance does represent the equivalent of a business product and Osps have slid considerably.


The head coach in these terms is the Production Manager and Tandy has obviouslt failed.

Who has been the Managing Director of this enterprise in this downward phase ? ....Andrew Millward ...who during the farcical Ospreys video Blythe et al , was described as 'learning the business' ...an MD ...learning the business, nuff said!

Blythe is probably equivalent to 'Chairman and CEO' of this outfit although titles may be allocated elsewhere...

The Executive is clearly liable and the Production Manager Tandy carries the can...

That is an indictment on Osps....there has, imo, always been a problem with that executive organagram ...

Remember ...Osps vertical line executive management ....Board/Hore Ops Director and mythical EPD, Johnson Dir of Rugby, Holley Head Coach and multiple Coaches reporting to him ...?

Accountability ? Hore exit stage left, Johnon ...I dont ork under contrct 'ethic' similar, Holley discredited..... Tandy ...in Salvation Army obituary column terms promoted to glory ....

It's a bloody farce...



Don't just blame Tandy ...the Osps executive and rugby business nous is the pits.....

Just an opinion....


Blame the lower management, blame the workers (players) .....really? :D

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:12 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13714
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
Tony Panties wrote:
it is difficult in such circumstances to get a clear position and opinion, thete are so many sources with different motives?.... ;) ....Tandy under fire ...etc...but?

From my point of view, Ospreys have been on a slide for some time from a position of being the generally better performing Welsh side and one which did try to create and support a ´region' although that has also been contention within (as an Aberavon supporter I am well aware of that)

In pure Pro Rugby Business aspects none of the so called Regions have performed well if one regards the total standard parameters.

However, on the field performance does represent the equivalent of a business product and Osps have slid considerably.


The head coach in these terms is the Production Manager and Tandy has obviouslt failed.

Who has been the Managing Director of this enterprise in this downward phase ? ....Andrew Millward ...who during the farcical Ospreys video Blythe et al , was described as 'learning the business' ...an MD ...learning the business, nuff said!

Blythe is probably equivalent to 'Chairman and CEO' of this outfit although titles may be allocated elsewhere...

The Executive is clearly liable and the Production Manager Tandy carries the can...

That is an indictment on Osps....there has, imo, always been a problem with that executive organagram ...

Remember ...Osps vertical line executive management ....Board/Hore Ops Director and mythical EPD, Johnson Dir of Rugby, Holley Head Coach and multiple Coaches reporting to him ...?

Accountability ? Hore exit stage left, Johnson ...I dont work under contrct 'ethic' similar, Holley discredited..... Tandy ...in Salvation Army obituary column terms promoted to glory ....

It's a bloody farce...



Don't just blame Tandy ...the Osps executive and rugby business nous is the pits.....

Just an opinion....


Blame the lower management, blame the workers (players) .....really? :D

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:18 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11954
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
soap wrote:
Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:
Just wondering like, but if Tandy is so bad, who was doing his job when the Ospreys were winning everything, and where are they now?


:scratch: Cant remember because i cant remember them winning everything. I remember them winning the pro 12 when the Irish used to use it as development games.


So not all wins count as wins? :D



No some wins don't count as "everything", when you can't handle the big boy talking about winning everything is a bit silly.

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 3006
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:
Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:
Just wondering like, but if Tandy is so bad, who was doing his job when the Ospreys were winning everything, and where are they now?


:scratch: Cant remember because i cant remember them winning everything. I remember them winning the pro 12 when the Irish used to use it as development games.


So not all wins count as wins? :D



No some wins don't count as "everything", when you can't handle the big boy talking about winning everything is a bit silly.


Having looked at past squads in Pro 12 matches (easily available online, needless to say), this notion that the Irish almost always fielded second-string squads is a gross exaggeration, especially once play-offs were introduced (and the Ospreys beat Leinster in Dublin in two of them). In any case, the Ospreys also won the AWC in 2008 and reached the final in 2007 before the RFU unilaterally decided to downgrade it to being a development competition hosted during the international periods. The Ospreys were unsuccessful in the European Cup, but the same is also true of teams such as Exeter and Glasgow - doing well in their leagues but not really going anywhere in Europe.


Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11954
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
najbritcol wrote:
Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:
Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:
Just wondering like, but if Tandy is so bad, who was doing his job when the Ospreys were winning everything, and where are they now?


:scratch: Cant remember because i cant remember them winning everything. I remember them winning the pro 12 when the Irish used to use it as development games.


So not all wins count as wins? :D



No some wins don't count as "everything", when you can't handle the big boy talking about winning everything is a bit silly.


Having looked at past squads in Pro 12 matches (easily available online, needless to say), this notion that the Irish almost always fielded second-string squads is a gross exaggeration, especially once play-offs were introduced (and the Ospreys beat Leinster in Dublin in two of them). In any case, the Ospreys also won the AWC in 2008 and reached the final in 2007 before the RFU unilaterally decided to downgrade it to being a development competition hosted during the international periods. The Ospreys were unsuccessful in the European Cup, but the same is also true of teams such as Exeter and Glasgow - doing well in their leagues but not really going anywhere in Europe.



Point is they didn't win everything or anywhere near everything, neither did Exeter or Glasgow. The Irish were consistently condemned for dumbing down the level of competition. I will concede that the Ospreys had some success, but considering their squad their overseas players etc it was not a glorious experience where they carried all before them.

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:23 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 239
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
I hope they go for a very good proven coach, and the same for Cardiff. The days of going down the well trodden route of ex player not long since finished playing, learning on the job, should be banished to the history books, get guys in who know their onions, and lets see some progress.


Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:23 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 45506
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
Tandy ran out of inspiration and the players stopped believing in him.

It happens.

He's a good coach, I'm sorry he's gone from the Ospreys and Bridgend might be the next job.


Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:41 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3608
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
I hope they go for a very good proven coach, and the same for Cardiff. The days of going down the well trodden route of ex player not long since finished playing, learning on the job, should be banished to the history books, get guys in who know their onions, and lets see some progress.


The current wru set up have made quite a lot of noise about regional and coaching appointments... specifically the blues saying they need to get this right

I would hope this continues to the ospreys and we see a good appointment

Phil Davies is out of a job at the moment...


Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:07 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35559
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
I hope they go for a very good proven coach, and the same for Cardiff. The days of going down the well trodden route of ex player not long since finished playing, learning on the job, should be banished to the history books, get guys in who know their onions, and lets see some progress.


The current wru set up have made quite a lot of noise about regional and coaching appointments... specifically the blues saying they need to get this right

I would hope this continues to the ospreys and we see a good appointment

Phil Davies is out of a job at the moment...

I take the point but I also think there have been some good appointments at the Blues. That NZ fella was a good one I thought.

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:47 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7765
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
Blindside wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:
Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:
Just wondering like, but if Tandy is so bad, who was doing his job when the Ospreys were winning everything, and where are they now?


:scratch: Cant remember because i cant remember them winning everything. I remember them winning the pro 12 when the Irish used to use it as development games.


So not all wins count as wins? :D



No some wins don't count as "everything", when you can't handle the big boy talking about winning everything is a bit silly.


Having looked at past squads in Pro 12 matches (easily available online, needless to say), this notion that the Irish almost always fielded second-string squads is a gross exaggeration, especially once play-offs were introduced (and the Ospreys beat Leinster in Dublin in two of them). In any case, the Ospreys also won the AWC in 2008 and reached the final in 2007 before the RFU unilaterally decided to downgrade it to being a development competition hosted during the international periods. The Ospreys were unsuccessful in the European Cup, but the same is also true of teams such as Exeter and Glasgow - doing well in their leagues but not really going anywhere in Europe.



Point is they didn't win everything or anywhere near everything, neither did Exeter or Glasgow. The Irish were consistently condemned for dumbing down the level of competition. I will concede that the Ospreys had some success, but considering their squad their overseas players etc it was not a glorious experience where they carried all before them.


Agree.

Look at some of the comments on here when Lyn Jones was in charge. There was a general feeling that the Ospreys underachieved.


Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6740
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
BigRed wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42782187

Shane Says:
"Ospreys players must share blame for Tandy exit."

The perseverance of Sam Davies at ten when you have James Hook polishing up the bench to me is absolute madness.
Love him or hate him James has class and maybe he is trumped by Biggar.
BUT Hooky is definitely not trumped by Sam Davies.
So there you have the beginnings of the problem.
Also, I can't remember which wings have left Ospreys but Tom Prydie is a far better bet than the two show ponies Hassler and Dirksen. Hassler runs straight at the opposition like a lock forward, Dirksen is marginally better.
Owen Watkin looks a real find, I think he would be better mentored by someone like James Hook and, of course, Beck is yesterday's man.
I thought his lack of vision and reaction to the first try by Clermont was wanting. OK, Beck still has something to offer at a regional level but please don't consider him for a Wales berth.
I have very little or no problem with the pack, they have produced a lot of good ball which was wasted and kicked down the throats of the opposition. The pack then left to do all the hard work to try and get the ball back.
I also noted very little, or should I say, not enough interaction between forwards and backs. This was marked by having a flyhalf continually kicking good ball away, aided and abetted by the fullback with the same inclination.


Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 pm
Posts: 30447
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
I hope they go for a very good proven coach, and the same for Cardiff. The days of going down the well trodden route of ex player not long since finished playing, learning on the job, should be banished to the history books, get guys in who know their onions, and lets see some progress.


The current wru set up have made quite a lot of noise about regional and coaching appointments... specifically the blues saying they need to get this right

I would hope this continues to the ospreys and we see a good appointment

Phil Davies is out of a job at the moment...
And should stay out of a job in rugby, plenty of opportunities at Mc Donalds for him to chase.

_________________
You cannot enslave my mind, therefore I will always be a free man.
I can count my true friends on the hairs on the palms of my hands.


Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:02 pm
Posts: 8460
Location: South Wales
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
Thegrimriper wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
I hope they go for a very good proven coach, and the same for Cardiff. The days of going down the well trodden route of ex player not long since finished playing, learning on the job, should be banished to the history books, get guys in who know their onions, and lets see some progress.


The current wru set up have made quite a lot of noise about regional and coaching appointments... specifically the blues saying they need to get this right

I would hope this continues to the ospreys and we see a good appointment

Phil Davies is out of a job at the moment...
And should stay out of a job in rugby, plenty of opportunities at Mc Donalds for him to chase.


Wonder if that old cancer of Welsh rugby: "...it's not what you know but who you know..." will raise its ugly head again wrt either of these appointments.
I'll pleasantly surprised if just one of them were to go out and recruit the best coach available, as opposed to someone (per the above example) who's out of work, won't cost too much and knows someone on the board...

_________________
The secret of happiness is freedom; and the secret of freedom, courage.
Thucydides


Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13714
Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
Old Second Row wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
I hope they go for a very good proven coach, and the same for Cardiff. The days of going down the well trodden route of ex player not long since finished playing, learning on the job, should be banished to the history books, get guys in who know their onions, and lets see some progress.


The current wru set up have made quite a lot of noise about regional and coaching appointments... specifically the blues saying they need to get this right

I would hope this continues to the ospreys and we see a good appointment

Phil Davies is out of a job at the moment...
And should stay out of a job in rugby, plenty of opportunities at Mc Donalds for him to chase.


Wonder if that old cancer of Welsh rugby: "...it's not what you know but who you know..." will raise its ugly head again wrt either of these appointments.
I'll pleasantly surprised if just one of them were to go out and recruit the best coach available, as opposed to someone (per the above example) who's out of work, won't cost too much and knows someone on the board...


David, I remember the days of the 'Big 5' ...it was said that it was more difficult to play yourself out of the Welsh team than into it :D

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: