It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby 
World XV Player

Post Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/51120

Managing Director of Ospreys Rugby, Andrew Millward, today confirmed that Head Coach, Steve Tandy, will be leaving his position at the region with immediate effect.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Steve Tandy to leave Ospreys Rugby
He said: “Steve has been an outstanding servant to Ospreys Rugby – often in challenging circumstances. His dedication to the region and his hard work has been absolute. However, we’re aware that results have not been good enough this season and that, regrettably, a change is necessary to keep the organisation moving forward – consistent with the long-term expectations of our loyal and valued supporters and commercial partners. In line with this, we will also continue to closely review our entire rugby operation during the coming weeks.

“This is not a decision that has been taken lightly. Steve has been an integral part of everything we have achieved over the last six years - from winning the PRO12 in his first season in charge to helping develop a strong core of players from our academy – and before that as a player. Steve will always remain a respected figure within the Ospreys family and will always be welcomed back to Liberty Stadium as a true friend of the region. We wish him every success for the future.

“While our long-term focus is now on finding a world-class replacement and continue building a squad for next season, we have a busy end of season Guinness PRO14 run-in for the coaches and players to focus on.”

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:26 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

I know it's never nice to see a guy getting the sack but the Ospreys have been dire this season and it's probably the right decision. To be honest, I think they lack identity on the field. I don't really see what Tandy and the team are trying to achieve in their style of play.

No idea who will come in and replace him. Sean Holley? :D

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 pm
World XV Player

So......

The coaching staff step up and by some miracle get the Ospreys into next years European Cup, they are pretty much guaranteed the job.

Or more likely no European competition (apart from the flat tyre trophy), stars leaving, questionable resources, no chance to rebuild for next season.... sounds like a real hum dinger of an opportunity for a top level coach doesn't it

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:47 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
So......

The coaching staff step up and by some miracle get the Ospreys into next years European Cup, they are pretty much guaranteed the job.

Or more likely no European competition (apart from the flat tyre trophy), stars leaving, questionable resources, no chance to rebuild for next season.... sounds like a real hum dinger of an opportunity for a top level coach doesn't it

The ownership and management are a bigger problem

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:01 pm
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
So......

Scott Johnson :D

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Not before time, though he hasn't been the only problem by any means.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42771787

Unfortunately, the Ospreys have been one dimensional.
Ospreys have the talent but their game plans have been hard to understand.
The writing was on the wall in their loss to Zebra when Dan Evans and Sam Davies spent the whole day kicking away good ball down the throats of the Italian backs.
The change should have been made after that match which was an embarrassing disaster.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

This from late August as written in WoS http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... y-13507884

"There is a page on the Ospreys website devoted to explaining the organisation’s vision. Nothing contained in it suggests anyone at the Liberty Stadium is trying to reinvent the wheel.

Sustainable success on and off the field is held up as the prime goal, and you’d imagine the Ospreys are joined in their pursuit of that by every other rugby set-up in the UK, from Saracens to the Rose and Crown.

Interestingly though, there is then listed a set of behaviours expected of everybody from the chairman to the match-day programme sellers.

‘Pursue excellence’ is one exhortation. ‘No bulls**t’, rather amusingly, is another. Again, these are presumably things their rivals aspire to as well, but the fact the Ospreys have taken the trouble to spell it all out online is an indication of how important culture and legacy building has always been to their day-to-day operation.

It is this section of ospreysrugby.com that probably provides the biggest clue as to why, last week, chairman Roger Blyth saw fit to announce the retention of Steve Tandy as head coach, not until the end of this coming campaign but until 2020.

By any standards – and particularly those of modern professional sport – to publicly confirm that degree of confidence in the head coach of a team was extraordinary. It’s nothing new to hear of people being handed three-year contracts, but the Ospreys appeared to be indicating Tandy will be in charge until the start of the next decade come what may"

I would suggest it proves they "do do"bullshit! That they make shit decisions and they are self-delusional and disfunctional as an organisation.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42771787

Unfortunately, the Ospreys have been one dimensional.
Ospreys have the talent but their game plans have been hard to understand.
The writing was on the wall in their loss to Treviso when Dan Evans and Sam Davies spent the whole day kicking away good ball down the throats of the Italian backs.
The change should have been made after that match which was an embarrassing disaster.

Fixed. And which of the two losses to Treviso do you mean? Both were disastrous.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Just wondering like, but if Tandy is so bad, who was doing his job when the Ospreys were winning everything, and where are they now?

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Just wondering like, but if Tandy is so bad, who was doing his job when the Ospreys were winning everything, and where are they now?

:scratch: Cant remember because i cant remember them winning everything. I remember them winning the pro 12 when the Irish used to use it as development games.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The wider gameplan was shelved earlier in the season due to terrible results. Some up turn in fortunes when going more direct... but then looked one dimensional

It just looked like a ship which had lost its way

Recruitment has been poor though - and it’s not just Tandy who should be shown the door

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:

:scratch: Cant remember because i cant remember them winning everything. I remember them winning the pro 12 when the Irish used to use it as development games.

So not all wins count as wins? :D

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

So whose in charge tomorrow morning then?

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:34 pm