It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 am

Jackman's tirades 
World XV Player

Post Re: Jackman's tirades
spinbreath wrote:
Jackman is in an awkward position. He's come in right at the start of this supposed revolution, a whole year before the benefits begin to trickle through. This current season is pretty much a write off, treading water while they wait for the next. Must be very frustrating.

Maybe a good reason to keep calm and positive, especially with youngsters and a potentially more positive outlook?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
Jackman is in an awkward position. He's come in right at the start of this supposed revolution, a whole year before the benefits begin to trickle through. This current season is pretty much a write off, treading water while they wait for the next. Must be very frustrating.

Maybe a good reason to keep calm and positive, especially with youngsters and a potentially more positive outlook?

Keeping the youngsers is not eady though. Were they able to keep all their players, they would hav (had?) a squad which included Faletau, Charteris and Lydiate at their peak, playing together. They don't have the results to allow them to keep their best. The three players I have mentioned have (at rheir peak) been some of our more important players and have shone at the Dragons despite poor team performances. It makes you wonder whether, if they had been doing well and winning, other players would have been revealed as exellent players.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Keeping the youngsers is not eady though. Were they able to keep all their players, they would hav (had?) a squad which included Faletau, Charteris and Lydiate at their peak, playing together. They don't have the results to allow them to keep their best. The three players I have mentioned have (at rheir peak) been some of our more important players and have shone at the Dragons despite poor team performances. It makes you wonder whether, if they had been doing well and winning, other players would have been revealed as exellent players.

Depends whether apparent increased investment and executive promotion and some good players confirmed on the horizon proves to be an incentive.

I think it should be.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:02 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:
My best coach would never rant or point out where you were an arse, he would use just look disappointed and it stung more. We tried far more for him than if we were paid ( well, more beer tokens then ) and the other players sort of radiated shame at you if you did something.

Mind, there has to be shame for that to work, so forget it.

I think it's about realism, if in reality, players are giving their best then you must support the team, they are against the wall on the field, they don't need to be against the wall off it. If there is a lack of application, then as professional sportsmen they should be challenged and pushed to earn their corn. If a side does not have the ability to compete you must encourage not bully. Jackman must adapt to the conditions and get the best out of his team, their best may not mean they win many games. What i would ask, is that it is clear no one questions the commitment of the team, it should be plain for everyone to see. Easier said than done when you cant get a win, it only takes a couple to throw the towel in and the floodgates open :)

In reality, the Dragons are mostly made up of players no one else wants to give a full professional contact too, on the terms they offer. Players topping up their retirement fund or those taking a drink in the last chance saloon a couple of young playes looking to move on and up. The results reflect the squad.

I wouldn't even award a blue star for that one! As an Ex Captain you enthuse your squad with such knowledge ..you must be an off side flanker to do so! :thefinger:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:47 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Regarding the opening post, what did Jaclman say?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Regarding the opening post, what did Jaclman say?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

For me instead of comparing it to my experience playing rugby (where I wasn’t professional) it makes more sense to compare it to my actual working life

The dragons players wandered about... didn’t put the effort in... let fans down etc

I just love the idea that if I was called out on it by my boss then I would say... don’t shout it will de-motivate me!

I agree Jackson’s language is a touch industrial. But we have had enough of crap players just going through the motions

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:38 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Is he going to launch a foul-mouthed tirade at himself for his hopeless selection of a non-goalkicking full back at outside half?

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Has Josh Lewis got to the dregs yet , very good kicker.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
t but there are 2 sides to this tory which includes players attitudes and performance ...;)

how do you know hes a Tory? :scratch: ;)

Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:06 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Club Player

I've always liked Jackman since he gave away that stupid penalty in front of the posts, when we won the Triple Crown at Croke Park in 2008. There was only 1 point in it near the end of the game, and that penalty gave us the breathing space we needed. Great guy.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile E-mail