It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:32 am

POOOOOLER 
Regional Player

Post POOOOOLER
Why is it that there is no promotion and relegation in club rugby in Wales. Pontypool are unbeaten and have gained a try bonus point in 11 of their 13 victories. Pontypool Park regulars deserve a better standard of rugby.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:59 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: POOOOOLER
JOHNWALES wrote:
Why is it that there is no promotion and relegation in club rugby in Wales. Pontypool are unbeaten and have gained a try bonus point in 11 of their 13 victories. Pontypool Park regulars deserve a better standard of rugby.

Because its corrupt and self-serving..... big changes on the way im told, but dont see how that will benefit Pontypool. Side im involved with have played them twice and i found them a good set, bit of banter etc to good for the division because of their large wage bill.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:05 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's a bit of a mess because Pontypool didn't get on board with anybody really.

Their money man took over lock, stock and barrel, then money was thrown away on a legal enterprise which was doomed to failure.

Then Pontypool tried to get publicity via a Press Campaign and that didn't generate a lot of support down West.

They might have made friends with the Dragons but that road is now closed to them because the WRU had to buy out the Dragons to keep that franchise going.

Ain't life a bitch?

A bit more calm and well thought out discussion between the clubs might have been useful but Pontypool went public in a volatile way.

Ah well, they're clearly a club with good players but the animosity they show against the people who run rugby in Wales - the WRU - is counterproductive.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:43 am
World XV Player

by animosity you mean ,the wruin sat take that and pooler did not fall down thanking them for everything, the wruin don't like the idea of independent clubs in wales independent businesses at full pro level is good all else is bad .

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It is not so much because of the clubs that would come up, but because of those who would sink

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
It is not so much because of the clubs that would come up, but because of those who would sink

Well summed up.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:47 pm
Profile E-mail