It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:31 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Jiffy invited to coach Wales 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 45289
Location: Llanharan
Post Jiffy invited to coach Wales
BIG laugh tonight as the Scrum V programme saw Jiffy offered the chance to coach Wales.

:kermit:
The mischievous inquiry saw Jiffy decline, of course.

Others referred to the huge period of time that the coaches had been together but, oddly enough, no one referred to the Lions successes.

Gwyn Jones replaced the Penarth Moaner but he continued in the same vein.

As a finale, they compared Wales' try scoring to the team who didn't play against 15 man teams.

:kermit:


Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:00 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 pm
Posts: 4780
Location: Merthyr Tydfil
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
Bouch wrote:
BIG laugh tonight as the Scrum V programme saw Jiffy offered the chance to coach Wales.

:kermit:

The mischievous inquiry saw Jiffy decline, of course.

Others referred to the huge period of time that the coaches had been together but, oddly enough, no one referred to the Lions successes.

Gwyn Jones replaced the Penarth Moaner but he continued in the same vein.

As a finale, they compared Wales' try scoring to the team who didn't play against 15 man teams.

:kermit: :


I would have you coaching instead of *fupping* McBryde and Howley :cheers:


Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 45289
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
Nah, I still know bugger all about rugby, Dai.

Whatever I've picked up over the years is now melting away as my memory fades ....

;)


Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:19 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4929
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
Kidding aside, I think he may well be useful to the strategists. If he sat through the vid of the past game with them he could probably give them some things to think about. How that would then be taken on board with modern coaching would be another thing.

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7667
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
soap wrote:
Kidding aside, I think he may well be useful to the strategists. If he sat through the vid of the past game with them he could probably give them some things to think about. How that would then be taken on board with modern coaching would be another thing.


I would have thought that most top players have views and opinions and tactics thst would benefit top teams. The difficulty is communicating, motivating and then getting a team to work towards that.


Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4929
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
Cymru am byth wrote:
soap wrote:
Kidding aside, I think he may well be useful to the strategists. If he sat through the vid of the past game with them he could probably give them some things to think about. How that would then be taken on board with modern coaching would be another thing.


I would have thought that most top players have views and opinions and tactics thst would benefit top teams. The difficulty is communicating, motivating and then getting a team to work towards that.


If they are considered, that is a good thing. But, are they?

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 7240
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
before you get considered you need to be respected, :)

_________________
The main problem in marriage is that, for a man, sex is a hunger, if he is hungry and cant get to a fancy French restaurant, he'll go to a burger bar


Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:24 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4929
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
before you get considered you need to be respected, :)


I would not know :D

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 pm
Posts: 4780
Location: Merthyr Tydfil
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
before you get considered you need to be respected, :)


Exactly, so Bouch it is, *fupping* told you :thumbright: e


Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7667
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
soap wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
soap wrote:
Kidding aside, I think he may well be useful to the strategists. If he sat through the vid of the past game with them he could probably give them some things to think about. How that would then be taken on board with modern coaching would be another thing.


I would have thought that most top players have views and opinions and tactics thst would benefit top teams. The difficulty is communicating, motivating and then getting a team to work towards that.


If they are considered, that is a good thing. But, are they?


I doubt it. The point I was making was that as good as the ideas might be, the hard part is getting the players to listen to you.


Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4929
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
Cymru am byth wrote:
soap wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
soap wrote:
Kidding aside, I think he may well be useful to the strategists. If he sat through the vid of the past game with them he could probably give them some things to think about. How that would then be taken on board with modern coaching would be another thing.


I would have thought that most top players have views and opinions and tactics thst would benefit top teams. The difficulty is communicating, motivating and then getting a team to work towards that.


If they are considered, that is a good thing. But, are they?


I doubt it. The point I was making was that as good as the ideas might be, the hard part is getting the players to listen to you.



Or the other side of the coin, getting the coach to take you onboard because he thinks the player is doing his job.

I have worked for bosses who are only too happy to listen to ideas and implement them, and the other sort that feel threatened and make a note in their book for the next place they go incase its useful

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 180
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
What you do boys is look for numbers out wide, fix the defender, go for the inside shoulder, then bang, your through the gap, works every time.


Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:48 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 45289
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
What you do boys is look for numbers out wide, fix the defender, go for the inside shoulder, then bang, your through the gap, works every time.


I remember an Australian player doing that against Pat Lam.

One of the great tackles from that great player saw the Oz guy do a very good impression of a surf board.

That was a good BaaBaas side and the crowd in Cardiff was a bit impressed.

:wtf:

:shock:

:cheers:


Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 45289
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
Barbarians v Australia, Millenium Stadium, 28 November, 2001.

Scottish Amicable Match.

It was a bit damp outside.


Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:43 am
Profile
Junior Player

Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:00 pm
Posts: 116
Post Re: Jiffy invited to coach Wales
The Abominable Dr Phibes has summed it up in a nutshell and with cutting humour. Can’t do any better so will not attempt to add.


Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron