It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Drinking culture at Principality Stadium 
World XV Player

Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
Which is why debentures are anathema

Rich man's property over the surfs.

Debentures should be nationalised!

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Come on, don't be silly. I've benefited myself from friends who have had debentures.

My point is buying one and then complaining about the conditions.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Come on, don't be silly. I've benefited myself from friends who have had debentures.

Buying a pig in a poke is unwise.

Debentures were good at the beginning mind ....

And, of course, Oik is on his low cycle and prone to become argumentative.

:yawn:

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:47 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

hahahahaaha that made I laugh :-)

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

it's Christmas and I have to confess I blasted my monitor with my first beer of the day at reading that last one.

you need a good laugh to start the day.

The debenture bit I was being 'ironic' at, but hit the wrong note I guess.

Still, on the bright side, ..looking forward to some good humour over the next few days :-) x

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:55 am
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Debentures were never beyond the the boundaries of most rugby supporters, and purchasing was a means for all enthusiasts to obtain tickets for every game at face value. Prior to their introduction tickets were marketed through the clubs, and there was many a committee member who sold them on to touts for a handsome profit.
In fact at one time the W R U printed on the tickets the following warning * It is illegal to sell this ticket for more than its face value, unless it is a scheme operated by the W R U .* I ask you, how crooked can you get !!
As previously said I have two debentures and have either given or sold my second ticket to friends, and on occasions to people outside the ground. I have NEVER sold a ticket for more than the face value, and very often have been forced to accept less than half the face value. On really bad days when the game was a sell out, I have taken the second ticket in the ground with me, rather than take the only other option of lining the pockets of touts.

In the old days there used to be a habit of giving spare tickets to policemen outside of the ground, requesting that they give it to genuine supporters free of charge. I only did it once, and subsequently watched the man of law approach a tout outside the Angel Hotel, and watched him pocket a few large denomination notes. I have to stress that this was back in the 70's, but I have often wondered how far that *Bar steward* progressed in the force, and how many people he put behind bars for acts of dishonesty.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:00 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Has it though?

1) You presented me with a series of police reports relating to arrests outside the stadium. As far as I could see none of them related to either Wales or Cardiff matches! The arrests almost without exception took place on weekdays and in NON international periods. I told you before - go ask the police it's their data. you're happy to use it on the one hand but also dismiss it on the other. This was the data they provided, either you are happy with it, in which case stick with it or dismiss it. You seem happy to do both
You were the one that's concerned with statistics. Because you couldn't be @rsed to put any effort in I decided to point you in the right direction by providing you with some links. It seems that you can't be @rsed to find out yourself and because I'm not willing to spoon feed you further you take that as your "classic". Fine it can be your mas present to yourself.
2) This idea that everyone in the stadium is causing trouble is nonsense. = A Strawman argument - look it up if you don't know what it means. If you do know what it means you'll also know that they're an indicator of someone who's struggling. They aren't I have never met anyone who says this is the case.you are right I have no idea what you are talking about So in effect your point 2) relies on you remaining ignorant

3) People aren't buying beer in the stadium to the extent you are making out I'm not the one doing sums on the back of fag packets.
The figures suggested that the number of drinks being bought is low in the stadium. Fag packet or four year PhD statistical analysis, the conclusion is going to be the same. So what is that you have a fog packet or a PhD?

4) The games have always had a drinking culture, Nobody said anything different or at least have since before the Millennium Stadium was built. We're talking about the MS/PS different time,different stadium, different financial challenges for the WRU[color=#40FFBF]That's not what we are talking about. We are talking about a supposed increase in drinking culture. The opening post was based around having bought a debenture, maybe two 'at great expense' but complaining about the drinking culture. Had this culture not existed prior to them buying the ticket, I would have sympathy, however, seeing as we are agreed that this culture has always existed, what did was expected? I am arguing that the situation is the same as it has been for years back into the old stadium. And isn't as bad as the opening post makes out. Nor as bad as your first post makes out. The evidence suggests I am correct.

Time for me to get off the roundabout I think

Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eog wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Has it though?

1) You presented me with a series of police reports relating to arrests outside the stadium. As far as I could see none of them related to either Wales or Cardiff matches! The arrests almost without exception took place on weekdays and in NON international periods. I told you before - go ask the police it's their data. you're happy to use it on the one hand but also dismiss it on the other. This was the data they provided, either you are happy with it, in which case stick with it or dismiss it. You seem happy to do both
You were the one that's concerned with statistics. Because you couldn't be @rsed to put any effort in I decided to point you in the right direction by providing you with some links. It seems that you can't be @rsed to find out yourself and because I'm not willing to spoon feed you further you take that as your "classic". Fine it can be your mas present to yourself.
2) This idea that everyone in the stadium is causing trouble is nonsense. = A Strawman argument - look it up if you don't know what it means. If you do know what it means you'll also know that they're an indicator of someone who's struggling. They aren't I have never met anyone who says this is the case.you are right I have no idea what you are talking about So in effect your point 2) relies on you remaining ignorant

3) People aren't buying beer in the stadium to the extent you are making out I'm not the one doing sums on the back of fag packets.
The figures suggested that the number of drinks being bought is low in the stadium. Fag packet or four year PhD statistical analysis, the conclusion is going to be the same. So what is that you have a fog packet or a PhD?

4) The games have always had a drinking culture, Nobody said anything different or at least have since before the Millennium Stadium was built. We're talking about the MS/PS different time,different stadium, different financial challenges for the WRU[color=#40FFBF]That's not what we are talking about. We are talking about a supposed increase in drinking culture. The opening post was based around having bought a debenture, maybe two 'at great expense' but complaining about the drinking culture. Had this culture not existed prior to them buying the ticket, I would have sympathy, however, seeing as we are agreed that this culture has always existed, what did was expected? I am arguing that the situation is the same as it has been for years back into the old stadium. And isn't as bad as the opening post makes out. Nor as bad as your first post makes out. The evidence suggests I am correct.

Time for me to get off the roundabout I think

Your arguments above do not actually answer any of the questions. They are an ad hominem response. You have actually put up a very weak defence.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

hahahahaaha that made I laugh :-)

That was my intention, Oik.

Have a great Christmas, buddy.

Watch those windows ....

:shock:

Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:02 am
World XV Player

Happy Christmas to you too Buddy. I do ave a bump ... did I say yere wo rap'nd like or something?

:kermit: :occasion5: :kermit:

Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I think its better than it was. I remember the 70s when people took cans into the ground, hurled them down the old East Terrace...how anyone wasn't killed I don't know.
People who behave badly should be kicked out of the ground and banned. Still, saying that, queuing up for a pint can take ages during the match and you often miss bits of the game. Best to buy 2-3 rounds before the game and take them with you to drink during the match. Yes, some people get annoyed with it but that's life...its the same down the rugby club...people come to watch and drink, some don't. Those who misbehave are or SHOULD be dealt with. Just get on with it.

Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:44 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

I was actually astute once and got 4 pints for me and my brother ... I carried them up the bloody steps to the 'gods' and slipped and spilt the lot. No one even laughed at me they were so polite. I met Berlin Warrior at that match too :-)

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:12 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

As someone who doesn’t drink much and goes to a game purely to watch the match I have found it very irritating to have to constantly get out of my seat to let some drunkerd go past me en route to another trip to the bar. On one occasion my feet were swilling in spilt ale in the aisles.

Perhaps they should have separate seating for those that want to booze and those that don’t.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Just noted comments the WRU are going to introduce booze fee zones. Good. It will mean I can watch the game instead of having to get out of my seat every five minutes.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Ive stewarded at the stadium for the past ten years and haven't missed a Welsh rugby match in all that time. I generally cover the same area of the ground. I'd echo what others have said and that drinking at rugby is nothing new - in fact it probably used to be bigger in the eighties. But what has changed is a sociatal attitude of entitlement. It's clear that people are less likely to be bothered by how their wants impact on anyone else.
The last couple of seasons at the stadium has seen a clear rise in anti social behaviour once in drink. I'd take recorded numbers of incidents with a pinch of salt too.

One simple improvement could be stopping individuals from buying four points each at the game. All bar staff and stewards are encouraged to challenge and refuse service to someone drunk however someone's demeanour can radically alter after four uninterrupted pints.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next