It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:33 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Drinking culture at Principality Stadium 
Author Message
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1208
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
Cymru am byth wrote:


I've laid out the evidence, and countered what I believe is your subjective evidence with a wider view: :D During the course of this thread your evidence has had it's guts ripped out of every orifice it's originated from( re-read it if you don't believe me). What's left is a hollow carcass you're using like a ventriloquist's dummy. I suggest Britain's got Talent to you.


Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2527
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
eog wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:


I've laid out the evidence, and countered what I believe is your subjective evidence with a wider view: :D During the course of this thread your evidence has had it's guts ripped out of every orifice it's originated from( re-read it if you don't believe me). What's left is a hollow carcass you're using like a ventriloquist's dummy. I suggest Britain's got Talent to you.

What makes you so special you have to post in such an annoying way. Do you think it is clever or are you just being a tw@t?

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7667
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
eog wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:


I've laid out the evidence, and countered what I believe is your subjective evidence with a wider view: :D During the course of this thread your evidence has had it's guts ripped out of every orifice it's originated from( re-read it if you don't believe me). What's left is a hollow carcass you're using like a ventriloquist's dummy. I suggest Britain's got Talent to you.


Has it though?

1) You presented me with a series of police reports relating to arrests outside the stadium. As far as I could see none of them related to either Wales or Cardiff matches! The arrests almost without exception took place on weekdays and in NON international periods.

2) This idea that everyone in the stadium is causing trouble is nonsense. They aren't I have never met anyone who says this is the case.

3) People aren't buying beer in the stadium to the extent you are making out

4) The games have always had a drinking culture, or at least have since before the Millennium Stadium was built.

Nothing you have said, especially point 1 above - which by the way really is a classic - has countered these points.


Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:33 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1208
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
Big And Dull wrote:
What makes you so special you have to post in such an annoying way. Do you think it is clever or are you just being a tw@t?

Seeing as you included a question mark I'll have a go at providing you with an answer.

I've contributed my share of input to this thread, not just an opinion based on anecdotes, gut felling or what I want personally but an argument reasoned on the factors contributing to the situation and drawing attention to a trend. I've also suggested a light touch solution to reverse the trend. Hey I've thrown in a few links to police statistics as well. The argument against is basically - people should be allowed drink in the seated part of the stadium and if you don't like it don't go.

Now some people might get annoyed at this vacuous response. I prefer to just take the p1ss out of him/them.
I don't know if that means it's "clever" but I'm pretty sure it's more clever than just calling someone a tw@t.


Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7667
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
eog wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
What makes you so special you have to post in such an annoying way. Do you think it is clever or are you just being a tw@t?

Seeing as you included a question mark I'll have a go at providing you with an answer.

I've contributed my share of input to this thread, not just an opinion based on anecdotes, gut felling or what I want personally but an argument reasoned on the factors contributing to the situation and drawing attention to a trend. I've also suggested a light touch solution to reverse the trend. Hey I've thrown in a few links to police statistics as well. The argument against is basically - people should be allowed drink in the seated part of the stadium and if you don't like it don't go.

Now some people might get annoyed at this vacuous response. I prefer to just take the p1ss out of him/them.
I don't know if that means it's "clever" but I'm pretty sure it's more clever than just calling someone a tw@t.


You were presumably typing this as I typed mine. So just so you don't miss what I wrote... please see point 1 of my recent post regarding the police statistics.


Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7667
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
EOG mate, in case you forgot! I reattach YOUR link here!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1


Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:38 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1208
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
Cymru am byth wrote:

Has it though?

1) You presented me with a series of police reports relating to arrests outside the stadium. As far as I could see none of them related to either Wales or Cardiff matches! The arrests almost without exception took place on weekdays and in NON international periods. I told you before - go ask the police it's their data.

2) This idea that everyone in the stadium is causing trouble is nonsense. = A Strawman argument - look it up if you don't know what it means. If you do know what it means you'll also know that they're an indicator of someone who's struggling. They aren't I have never met anyone who says this is the case.

3) People aren't buying beer in the stadium to the extent you are making out I'm not the one doing sums on the back of fag packets.

4) The games have always had a drinking culture, Nobody said anything different or at least have since before the Millennium Stadium was built. We're talking about the MS/PS different time,different stadium, different financial challenges for the WRU

Nothing you have said, especially point 1 above - which by the way really is a classic it's a "classic" in the same way Aggadoo was an 80s pop "classic" - has countered these points.
After you've got responses from your Freedom of Information requests to South Wales Police you can give yourself a pat on the head and award yourself "classic" status.


Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2527
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
eog wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
What makes you so special you have to post in such an annoying way. Do you think it is clever or are you just being a tw@t?

Seeing as you included a question mark I'll have a go at providing you with an answer.

I've contributed my share of input to this thread, not just an opinion based on anecdotes, gut felling or what I want personally but an argument reasoned on the factors contributing to the situation and drawing attention to a trend. I've also suggested a light touch solution to reverse the trend. Hey I've thrown in a few links to police statistics as well. The argument against is basically - people should be allowed drink in the seated part of the stadium and if you don't like it don't go.

Now some people might get annoyed at this vacuous response. I prefer to just take the p1ss out of him/them.
I don't know if that means it's "clever" but I'm pretty sure it's more clever than just calling someone a tw@t.

Not really no but at least it made you stop

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2527
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
eog wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Has it though?

1) You presented me with a series of police reports relating to arrests outside the stadium. As far as I could see none of them related to either Wales or Cardiff matches! The arrests almost without exception took place on weekdays and in NON international periods. I told you before - go ask the police it's their data.

2) This idea that everyone in the stadium is causing trouble is nonsense. = A Strawman argument - look it up if you don't know what it means. If you do know what it means you'll also know that they're an indicator of someone who's struggling. They aren't I have never met anyone who says this is the case.

3) People aren't buying beer in the stadium to the extent you are making out I'm not the one doing sums on the back of fag packets.

4) The games have always had a drinking culture, Nobody said anything different or at least have since before the Millennium Stadium was built. We're talking about the MS/PS different time,different stadium, different financial challenges for the WRU

Nothing you have said, especially point 1 above - which by the way really is a classic it's a "classic" in the same way Aggadoo was an 80s pop "classic" - has countered these points.
After you've got responses from your Freedom of Information requests to South Wales Police you can give yourself a pat on the head and award yourself "classic" status.

And the tw@t is back

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7667
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
eog wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Has it though?

1) You presented me with a series of police reports relating to arrests outside the stadium. As far as I could see none of them related to either Wales or Cardiff matches! The arrests almost without exception took place on weekdays and in NON international periods. I told you before - go ask the police it's their data.

2) This idea that everyone in the stadium is causing trouble is nonsense. = A Strawman argument - look it up if you don't know what it means. If you do know what it means you'll also know that they're an indicator of someone who's struggling. They aren't I have never met anyone who says this is the case.

3) People aren't buying beer in the stadium to the extent you are making out I'm not the one doing sums on the back of fag packets.

4) The games have always had a drinking culture, Nobody said anything different or at least have since before the Millennium Stadium was built. We're talking about the MS/PS different time,different stadium, different financial challenges for the WRU

Nothing you have said, especially point 1 above - which by the way really is a classic it's a "classic" in the same way Aggadoo was an 80s pop "classic" - has countered these points.
After you've got responses from your Freedom of Information requests to South Wales Police you can give yourself a pat on the head and award yourself "classic" status.


Ha. It's a classic in the way that:

1) You initially posted it.
2) I took the time to look what you posted. Checked the dates and noted that it does not back up your argument. In fact it weakens it.
3) I Pointed this out to you
4) A couple of weeks later you mention these stats forgetting points 2 and 3.


P.s. as I said at the time. Given that the link you sent relates to a FOI request and given that it clearly does not answer the question suggests that, the numbers are low, the police do not have the data to hand or don't have the time or the money to investigate.

Having had to deal with FOI requests I can say that they take a while to put together and distract from real work. The police have better things to do than try and settle internet arguments.


Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1208
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
Big And Dull wrote:
eog wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Has it though?

1) You presented me with a series of police reports relating to arrests outside the stadium. As far as I could see none of them related to either Wales or Cardiff matches! The arrests almost without exception took place on weekdays and in NON international periods. I told you before - go ask the police it's their data.

2) This idea that everyone in the stadium is causing trouble is nonsense. = A Strawman argument - look it up if you don't know what it means. If you do know what it means you'll also know that they're an indicator of someone who's struggling. They aren't I have never met anyone who says this is the case.

3) People aren't buying beer in the stadium to the extent you are making out I'm not the one doing sums on the back of fag packets.

4) The games have always had a drinking culture, Nobody said anything different or at least have since before the Millennium Stadium was built. We're talking about the MS/PS different time,different stadium, different financial challenges for the WRU

Nothing you have said, especially point 1 above - which by the way really is a classic it's a "classic" in the same way Aggadoo was an 80s pop "classic" - has countered these points.
After you've got responses from your Freedom of Information requests to South Wales Police you can give yourself a pat on the head and award yourself "classic" status.

And the tw@t QED is back
:D


Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:44 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1208
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
Cymru am byth wrote:
Ha. It's a classic in the way that:

1) You initially posted it.
2) I took the time to look what you posted.Not enough time it appears Checked the dates and noted that it does not back up your argument. In fact it weakens it.going off half cocked after partially checking the dates doesn't strengthening your argument
3) I Pointed this out to you You pointed out you'd done a half @rsed job
4) A couple of weeks later you mention these stats forgetting points 2 and 3. I worked on the assumptions that firstly the police had put in wrong dates rather than invented arrests for assault in the stadium and secondly I assumed from what you said that you'd only looked up a few of the first entries. The second is no longer an assumption


P.s. as I said at the time. Given that the link you sent relates to a FOI request and given that it clearly does not answer the question suggests that, the numbers are low, the police do not have the data to hand or don't have the time or the money to investigate.

Having had to deal with FOI requests I can say that they take a while to put together and distract from real work. The police have better things to do than try and settle internet arguments. According to you the police have provided incorrect data for a FOI request. That's pretty serious whatever "real" work they're doing as the explanations are all bad - eg incompetence( 3 of the dates are 1 or 2 days after an international match); dishonesty; can't be arsed.

&
Cymru am byth wrote:
EOG mate, in case you forgot! I reattach YOUR link here!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1

FYI
20/03/2010 Assault Stadium (Wales vs Italy)
05/06/2010 Assault Stadium (Wales vs South Africa)
22/11/2014 Assault Stadium (Wales vs New Zealand)


Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7667
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
eog wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Ha. It's a classic in the way that:

1) You initially posted it.
2) I took the time to look what you posted.Not enough time it appears Checked the dates and noted that it does not back up your argument. In fact it weakens it.going off half cocked after partially checking the dates doesn't strengthening your argument
3) I Pointed this out to you You pointed out you'd done a half @rsed job
4) A couple of weeks later you mention these stats forgetting points 2 and 3. I worked on the assumptions that firstly the police had put in wrong dates rather than invented arrests for assault in the stadium and secondly I assumed from what you said that you'd only looked up a few of the first entries. The second is no longer an assumption


P.s. as I said at the time. Given that the link you sent relates to a FOI request and given that it clearly does not answer the question suggests that, the numbers are low, the police do not have the data to hand or don't have the time or the money to investigate.

Having had to deal with FOI requests I can say that they take a while to put together and distract from real work. The police have better things to do than try and settle internet arguments. According to you the police have provided incorrect data for a FOI request. That's pretty serious whatever "real" work they're doing as the explanations are all bad - eg incompetence( 3 of the dates are 1 or 2 days after an international match); dishonesty; can't be arsed.

&
Cymru am byth wrote:
EOG mate, in case you forgot! I reattach YOUR link here!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1

FYI
20/03/2010 Assault Stadium (Wales vs Italy)
05/06/2010 Assault Stadium (Wales vs South Africa)
22/11/2014 Assault Stadium (Wales vs New Zealand)


Three dates. Three arrests over a 7 year period?


Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7667
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
eog wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
eog wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Has it though?

1) You presented me with a series of police reports relating to arrests outside the stadium. As far as I could see none of them related to either Wales or Cardiff matches! The arrests almost without exception took place on weekdays and in NON international periods. I told you before - go ask the police it's their data. you're happy to use it on the one hand but also dismiss it on the other. This was the data they provided, either you are happy with it, in which case stick with it or dismiss it. You seem happy to do both

2) This idea that everyone in the stadium is causing trouble is nonsense. = A Strawman argument - look it up if you don't know what it means. If you do know what it means you'll also know that they're an indicator of someone who's struggling. They aren't I have never met anyone who says this is the case.you are right I have no idea what you are talking about

3) People aren't buying beer in the stadium to the extent you are making out I'm not the one doing sums on the back of fag packets.
The figures suggested that the number of drinks being bought is low in the stadium. Fag packet or four year PhD statistical analysis, the conclusion is going to be the same.

4) The games have always had a drinking culture, Nobody said anything different or at least have since before the Millennium Stadium was built. We're talking about the MS/PS different time,different stadium, different financial challenges for the WRUThat's not what we are talking about. We are talking about a supposed increase in drinking culture. The opening post was based around having bought a debenture, maybe two 'at great expense' but complaining about the drinking culture. Had this culture not existed prior to them buying the ticket, I would have sympathy, however, seeing as we are agreed that this culture has always existed, what did was expected? I am arguing that the situation is the same as it has been for years back into the old stadium. And isn't as bad as the opening post makes out. Nor as bad as your first post makes out. The evidence suggests I am correct.

Nothing you have said, especially point 1 above - which by the way really is a classic it's a "classic" in the same way Aggadoo was an 80s pop "classic" - has countered these points.
After you've got responses from your Freedom of Information requests to South Wales Police you can give yourself a pat on the head and award yourself "classic" status.

And the tw@t QED is back
:D
Really? You are a lovely person I am sure


Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
Best solution is to stay at home and watch the game on the t.v.; and with the 6 Nations set up as it is, also have the ability to watch the other games staged on the same day. My first International was back in 1958, and since that date I have not missed a single major fixture in Cardiff. On todays prices that cost me in excess of £1000 per season for two tickets, the second ticket more often than not, not recoverable as far as cost is concerned. This year I did not go to any of the Autumn games, and have not claimed my debenture allocation for the 6 Nations. The money I save pays for my sky sports and t.v. licence.


Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: