It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Drinking culture at Principality Stadium 
World XV Player

Post Re: Drinking culture at Principality Stadium
Garethsbrother wrote:
Ive stewarded at the stadium for the past ten years and haven't missed a Welsh rugby match in all that time. I generally cover the same area of the ground. I'd echo what others have said and that drinking at rugby is nothing new - in fact it probably used to be bigger in the eighties. But what has changed is a sociatal attitude of entitlement. It's clear that people are less likely to be bothered by how their wants impact on anyone else.
The last couple of seasons at the stadium has seen a clear rise in anti social behaviour once in drink. I'd take recorded numbers of incidents with a pinch of salt too.

One simple improvement could be stopping individuals from buying four points each at the game. All bar staff and stewards are encouraged to challenge and refuse service to someone drunk however someone's demeanour can radically alter after four uninterrupted pints.

Good post mate - spot on. :clap:

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:38 pm
World XV Player

Great idea about the 4 pints the queues would be 4 Times as long so nobody would get a drink before the game , that would work.NOT

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:03 am
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

I have a solution. Make the P.S. alcohol free, and sell tickets and alcohol at a lesser price in the Cardiff Arms Park; in front of large screens.

Then those who want to get pissed, can get pissed, and those who want to watch rugby can do so in comfort and have a unrestricted view...............

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
I have a solution. Make the P.S. alcohol free, and sell tickets and alcohol at a lesser price in the Cardiff Arms Park; in front of large screens.

Then those who want to get pissed, can get pissed, and those who want to watch rugby can do so in comfort and have a unrestricted view...............

A solution of hops and good quality water might work.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:18 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12