It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am

Moriarty 
World XV Player

Post Re: Moriarty
Blindside wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Figaro wrote:
Obviously the WRU/Dragons just can't win.

They sign some youth players, a young Welsh Qualified Saffer and a Rugby League convert as a punt and everyone complains about pointless signings.

They sign the best Welsh Scrum half and some other proven professional players they could have done and are told they are signing more dead wood.

Yet when they look to have signed the hottest Welsh international forward, 23, and a British and Irish Lion, they're told that it's unfair and special treatment.

I really do question why anyone with a brain would go to Newport. I am told he wants to live in England and Llanelli is too far away.
Newport is 3-5 years away from being a competitive team. Maybe it is the WRU plan to take overall the regions by feeding the best players to its own team. :P

I agree, why would any top player go there. I wonder if he will be playing nearly as much international rugby as club rugby, similar to the Warburton model..... on average 12 appearances a year and one try a year. Good work if you can get it.

Think of some of the football teams of the 90s. Teams like Middlesborough seemed to come from nowhere and then signed Juninho and Ravanelli. Ok, the team didn't win much but if they pay enough players will come.

I'd say that the money that the WRU are probablygoing to spend shows that there is ambition.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Moriarty
3 to 5 years away?

Bloody hell Mun how many years they had already and done didly squat!

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 pm
Profile E-mail