It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:01 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Rob Howley leaving in 2019 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44097
Location: Llanharan
Post Rob Howley leaving in 2019
This major loss to forum chatter was announced yesterday.

:sleepy2:


http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/21198624/rob-howley-leave-wales-following-world-cup-2019-opens-sean-obrien-criticism

Oh, and the Irish arsehole has apologised to Howley.

Quote:
Howley revealed that Ireland flanker Sean O'Brien has apologised to him ...


Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:55 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 6752
Location: rhondda
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
Let's hope he don't change his minds mind. Can anyone think of a way to bring his leaving forward

_________________
To be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but a song in your heart and poetry in your soul.


Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:03 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 5884
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
"tomorrow's fish and chip paper" .. that is a pure class comment :-)


Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:26 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4394
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
Jumping before he is pushed?

I suppose he has a job at CAP?

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 6752
Location: rhondda
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
There is an upcoming vacancy

_________________
To be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but a song in your heart and poetry in your soul.


Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59710
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
jimcardiff wrote:
There is an upcoming vacancy


Nobody else wants it..

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:24 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3280
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
End ups st the ospreys after Tandy?


Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59710
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
End ups st the ospreys after Tandy?


Closer ties to the Cardiff mob...plus he can brown nose to the WRU if at Cardiff... ;)

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:30 pm
Profile
Regional Junior Player

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 134
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
Perhaps Rob Howley will get the Blues job, and bring forward his WRU exit plans. I think he would be an ideal asset to the Blues, where the demands and skills required by International appointments are of a lesser standard. Part of his demise with Wales is due to the fact that his boss is W G, against whom he stands no chance of using his own brain.


Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 pm
Posts: 30282
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
JOHNWALES wrote:
Perhaps Rob Howley will get the Blues job, and bring forward his WRU exit plans. I think he would be an ideal asset to the Blues, where the demands and skills required by International appointments are of a lesser standard. Part of his demise with Wales is due to the fact that his boss is W G, against whom he stands no chance of using his own brain.
You have evidence he has one ? or the capability to use it if he had so.

_________________
You cannot enslave my mind, therefore I will always be a free man.
I can count my true friends on the hairs on the palms of my hands.


Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11022
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
He has stated an Aviva or Top14 option....

Not sure how mlany 'barge poles' there will be :D

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:33 pm
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 286
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
Personally I wouldn't let him coach the Cwmbach Under 7's, but as long as he's definitely going I couldn't care less where he ends up.

Such a shame how it's come to this, he was pure class as a player.


Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 88061
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
whats his win loss ratio when he's been in the seat during Gatlands absence?

_________________
Be a Snowflake. Winter is coming.


Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:29 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7268
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
Fids the Blindside wrote:
whats his win loss ratio when he's been in the seat during Gatlands absence?


I think that is a good point.

He has done fairly well for Wales.

Sure, he may be inexperienced as a main coach but given that he coached Wales in a number of very good games, he is surely good enough to coach a region in Wales?

The problem a number of people have is that they whinge about the quality of regional coaches on the one hand but rule out Howley on the other - expecting perfection. Is Howley the world's best coach? Who knows - I doubt it, but certainly he has the experience and results to suggest he would be an ideal candidate to shake up the results of at least three of the four regions. I.e. improve Welsh rugby. But so many of you idiots out there are basically telling him to *fupp* off - for what reason?

Basically what you are saying is

"He shouldn't coach the Blues because he wasn't able to unlock the Australian defence". Think about that for a moment, it's a stupid statement.

Whilst I don't personally think that Howley is the man to coach Wales, the situation he finds himself in is exactly the problem with Welsh rugby. Clearly he is not shit, no one can deny that? Unless you are a closet coach of a top club or team, he is better than you. He is better than almost any coach on the planet. Think about it - he really is.

He was at the helm of a 6 Nations win, only one half off a grand slam. Coaching with a depleted squad. He was one kick away from beating England again.

But Welsh rugby is yet again telling someone to *fupp* off, that actually has something to offer.

Wales are not the best team in the World, our regions are shit, our clubs are shit. The only way to improve is by small improvements. Minor gains here, minor gains there.

Only he knows thw reason he doesn't want to coach in Wales but I suspect two reasons. One, he will face flak from the start, and two, the regions are startijg from such a low base and fans are so critical that any coach is going to suffer credibility loss if they tale them on. Then repeat point 1. He is better off doing what Dai Young did and finding a half decent club and making them better.

Welsh rugby is unrealistic and causes it's own problem.

i repeat - I do not think he should be next Welsh coach and do not think he is the world's best. But he is almost certainly better than our current coaches at three of the four regions. Or certainly, could be used to improve them.


Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11446
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Rob Howley leaving in 2019
Cymru am byth wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
whats his win loss ratio when he's been in the seat during Gatlands absence?


I think that is a good point.

He has done fairly well for Wales.

Sure, he may be inexperienced as a main coach but given that he coached Wales in a number of very good games, he is surely good enough to coach a region in Wales?

The problem a number of people have is that they whinge about the quality of regional coaches on the one hand but rule out Howley on the other - expecting perfection. Is Howley the world's best coach? Who knows - I doubt it, but certainly he has the experience and results to suggest he would be an ideal candidate to shake up the results of at least three of the four regions. I.e. improve Welsh rugby. But so many of you idiots out there are basically telling him to *fupp* off - for what reason?

Basically what you are saying is

"He shouldn't coach the Blues because he wasn't able to unlock the Australian defence". Think about that for a moment, it's a stupid statement.

Whilst I don't personally think that Howley is the man to coach Wales, the situation he finds himself in is exactly the problem with Welsh rugby. Clearly he is not shit, no one can deny that? Unless you are a closet coach of a top club or team, he is better than you. He is better than almost any coach on the planet. Think about it - he really is.

He was at the helm of a 6 Nations win, only one half off a grand slam. Coaching with a depleted squad. He was one kick away from beating England again.

But Welsh rugby is yet again telling someone to *fupp* off, that actually has something to offer.

Wales are not the best team in the World, our regions are shit, our clubs are shit. The only way to improve is by small improvements. Minor gains here, minor gains there.

Only he knows thw reason he doesn't want to coach in Wales but I suspect two reasons. One, he will face flak from the start, and two, the regions are startijg from such a low base and fans are so critical that any coach is going to suffer credibility loss if they tale them on. Then repeat point 1. He is better off doing what Dai Young did and finding a half decent club and making them better.

Welsh rugby is unrealistic and causes it's own problem.

i repeat - I do not think he should be next Welsh coach and do not think he is the world's best. But he is almost certainly better than our current coaches at three of the four regions. Or certainly, could be used to improve them.



I agree with the basic gist of your argument in that Howley SHOULD be a asset to any region, I also agree that Welsh rugby in general is in a poor state and I believe the problems in most of the regions are so endemic, that merely appointing a fantastic coach will not create the kind of success that many feel is possible. Further I feel that coaches can improve dramatically and re-invent themselves far more easily than any player. Experience is massive.

Where I disagree is the correlation of virtual certainty you attach between the level Howley coaches at and his coaching ability. In many walks of life extremely limited people find themselves in extremely influential positions for various reasons. The simple truth is i don't know how good he is.

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:34 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: