It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
60 Cap Rule Announced 
thread ruining clique

Post Re: 60 Cap Rule Announced
A couple more dribbles of information leaking out;
The regions were pushing hard for a 70 cap limit, but Gatland talked them down.
Gats has asked why, when the regions were so heavily involved in this decision, they have not yet released any kind of statement regarding the outcome.
I would hazard a guess, Warren me old china, that it's because they're duplicitous mongrels, and would much rather hide out of sight and let the union take all the flak, until the dust settles.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:37 am
Mini Player

Donkka wrote:
I read recently that Munster had 'poached' a duel-qualified Irish/Welsh youngster - guy's name escapes me at the moment - by promising and arranging either further education to degree standard or an apprenticeship leading to guaranteed employment, decent salary during training, accommodation, car etc. In short, taking care of every aspect to make the lad's life easier and more comfortable.

Can any of our Regions/WRU even begin to compete with that sort of package ?

Regions linking up with local colleges for the study and companies for the apprenticeships etc could make that more than feasible and is something that could/should be explored

Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:06 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Haruki wrote:
Donkka wrote:
I read recently that Munster had 'poached' a duel-qualified Irish/Welsh youngster - guy's name escapes me at the moment - by promising and arranging either further education to degree standard or an apprenticeship leading to guaranteed employment, decent salary during training, accommodation, car etc. In short, taking care of every aspect to make the lad's life easier and more comfortable.

Can any of our Regions/WRU even begin to compete with that sort of package ?

Regions linking up with local colleges for the study and companies for the apprenticeships etc could make that more than feasible and is something that could/should be explored

They have plenty of experience of fixing upholstery for the boys, generous expense accounts and doubt car leases, second nature to these regions boys

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:03 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
A couple more dribbles of information leaking out;
The regions were pushing hard for a 70 cap limit, but Gatland talked them down.
Gats has asked why, when the regions were so heavily involved in this decision, they have not yet released any kind of statement regarding the outcome.
I would hazard a guess, Warren me old china, that it's because they're duplicitous mongrels, and would much rather hide out of sight and let the union take all the flak, until the dust settles.

:D

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:13 am
International Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
I know which side of the story to believe, so does anyone with an IQ of room temperature.

Trust the WRU...look at the management ;)

In the old days they were chosen by Fahrenheit.

More like Kelvin I'd have thought!

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I was thinking after today's game that there is a complete layer of 'lost' players in welsh rugby. Maybe they should be looking here.

The player who triggered it is Rob McCusker. He is/was not first choice and moved on, but still a worthwhile player.
There must be 30 or 40 of this type of player +- in the welsh region system, which is a whole side.

If anyone has the inclination or time, I bet there are 2 good regional sides to be made up from players not in the first 22 but tied in to regions in Wales.

Do we have enough good standard players to waste?

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
I was thinking after today's game that there is a complete layer of 'lost' players in welsh rugby. Maybe they should be looking here.

The player who triggered it is Rob McCusker. He is/was not first choice and moved on, but still a worthwhile player.
There must be 30 or 40 of this type of player +- in the welsh region system, which is a whole side.

If anyone has the inclination or time, I bet there are 2 good regional sides to be made up from players not in the first 22 but tied in to regions in Wales.

Do we have enough good standard players to waste?

Did you see the article on Rugby League recently signing up almost all of the U-16 starlets?

The Evil Empire is still in action.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:30 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12