It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Women's rugby in Wales growing (unlike the men's game) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Women's rugby in Wales growing (unlike the men's game)
I’m guessing the blokes on here who rubbish the women’s game think they’re being funny. :scratch: If you don’t want to watch then fair enough, but why are you here? Millions of other threads on the intranet.

I enjoy the women’s approach to many sports, play fair and win fair. Obviously it doesn’t happen everytime a female plays, but on the whole, I think they leave the fellas for dead when it comes to sportsmanship(or should it be sportswomenship?), especially in team sports. I enjoy women’s volleyball more than the men’s, the rally’s last a lot longer(or seem to) because of their lack of power.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 pm
World XV Player

I have to say ,my daughter has just hung up her boots , I used to watch her team play most times , missed every try she scored! , but the level of coaching at the clubs she played for was far superior to anything I ever got (at the very low level I played at) and as loosey was saying more about playing than getting one over on the opposition.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Justic wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
I used to like watching female tennis until they started grunting like pigs.

I realy don't see for why male and female sport should be the same.

Terrible, I'm surprised they are allowed to get away with it, surely they don't have to make so much noise to hit a tennis ball. I'd issue bans for it, soon shut them up.

Geez some of you appear to have an acute case of "small man syndrome" and feel threatened by "gal" rugby players.

Pathetic I say. I am willing to bet that you couldn't keep up with the top teams.

It is now 2017 and we all have free will to participate in the sport of our choice.

By the way dipsticks if you haven't heard men grunt on a tennis court, you are full of :bs:

Get over yourselves and please do try to get out of your own head and join the rest of us in modern sport.

Spot on as usual Justy. :D :thumbup:

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:59 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
I see nothing wrong with womens rugby, to my shame ive only watched it on TV. I coach with a guy that coaches a womens team and he loves it, as they soak the information up like sponges. Far too few women participate in team sports after leaving school.

Not only do they soak it up like sponges, they literally move mountains to get to training, some thing that can't be said of their male counterparts with the same level of training commitments, same goes for games too, the distances they travel can be enormous compared to the blokes and yet there's no shit excuses about why they can't possibly travel.

If you get the opportunity to coach a womens group, take it, it's the best experience I've had of rugby coaching

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Sorry Bouch, we was talking Tennis and the Banshee brought rugby into it.

Of course your comment is correct but it is a tad random given the thread.

You know the thread title is 'Womens rugby in Wales growing (unlike the men's game)' don't you?

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Sorry Bouch, we was talking Tennis and the Banshee brought rugby into it.

Of course your comment is correct but it is a tad random given the thread.

You know the thread title is 'Womens rugby in Wales growing (unlike the men's game)' don't you?

you know that you don't have to be a nause don't you?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

loosechange wrote:
I’m guessing the blokes on here who rubbish the women’s game think they’re being funny. :scratch: If you don’t want to watch then fair enough, but why are you here? Millions of other threads on the intranet.

I enjoy the women’s approach to many sports, play fair and win fair. Obviously it doesn’t happen everytime a female plays, but on the whole, I think they leave the fellas for dead when it comes to sportsmanship(or should it be sportswomenship?), especially in team sports. I enjoy women’s volleyball more than the men’s, the rally’s last a lot longer(or seem to) because of their lack of power.

Not rubbishing it mate, although I wouldn't go to the end of my street to watch it - just take exception to it being shoved down my throat by the BBC et al...as if it was mainstream sport.

You need to take another look at your footer fella - that's what I'm on about :scratch:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
loosechange wrote:

Not rubbishing it mate, although I wouldn't go to the end of my street to watch it - just take exception to it being shoved down my throat by the BBC et al...as if it was mainstream sport.

You need to take another look at your footer fella - that's what I'm on about :scratch:

I don't think it is being shoved down anyone's throat though, it is merely being mentioned... When England were in the women's final, I had only heard about it on the radio. It wasn't on the main television stations much.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
loosechange wrote:

Where have the BBC shoved it down your throat? How many hours are set aside in a year for women's rugby 1? 2? Women make up over half the population therefore they pay over half the licence fee (I know that a stretch but you get my point) So why aren't they entitled to some TV coverage?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
loosechange wrote:

I’m a bit miffed on how it’s shoved down your throat bro, women’s rugby gets little to no coverage at all. Being a rugby fan, I’d have thought you’d be happy for them to get some spotlight, men, women, children, the more attention the better. :scratch:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:28 am
World XV Player

It's a way of life in some countries.

Pec bashing ....

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:58 am
Regional Player

[quote="Big And Dull"]
Where have the BBC shoved it down your throat? How many hours are set aside in a year for women's rugby 1? 2? Women make up over half the population therefore they pay over half the licence fee (I know that a stretch but you get my point) So why aren't they entitled to some TV coverage?[/quot

You obviously don't watch BBC much fella. We were treated to interviews/clips in the week prior to the WC final plus the whole of the final was televised.

Over half of the population" - this is crap and does really deserve a reply, but... try golf, hockey, tennis, soccer,l are more popular than rugby. Shoudn't there be more of these for women on TV based on your presumption ?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

loosechange wrote:
I’m a bit miffed on how it’s shoved down your throat bro, women’s rugby gets little to no coverage at all. Being a rugby fan, I’d have thought you’d be happy for them to get some spotlight, men, women, children, the more attention the better. :scratch:

You make your point - I've made mine. Happy to agree to disagree on this point and I won't comment on this thread any further.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Bouch wrote:
It's a way of life in some countries.

Pec bashing ....

I have no idea what this is.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

We are on another correctness tangent here .. don't dare say anything 'supportive' or else ... etc.

My point was I ain't interested.

The fact that is it given almost equal air time in the sports reports as if it is as interesting makes me feel like farting because I am just not interested.

It really does seem like women's sport is being force fed, if you are honest and not just being 'correct'. It's a minority sport so why should it be given greater airtime than it merits by its fan base?

Maybe one day they'll make it big but that ought to be the measure for their air time, not some socio politically correct measure of self guilt at being male in the first place.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next