It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:42 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Decreased interest in Welsh rugby and rugby in general? 
World XV Player

Post Re: Decreased interest in Welsh rugby and rugby in general?
Fids the Blindside wrote:
The major reason why baseball is a poor product is the length of a game. Only went to one game but I needed another shave by the end :D

It was torture

The idea is to get you to buy $15 beer and $12 sandwiches..

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:47 pm
World XV Player

I was considering $20 of crack to ease the pain :D

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:53 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
The major reason why baseball is a poor product is the length of a game. Only went to one game but I needed another shave by the end :D

It was torture

The idea is to get you to buy $15 beer and $12 sandwiches..

I went to see a rounders game once, just once though

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I used to play Baseball, it wasn't like the way we played in the street. In the street you'd throw a ball and hit a player in the back to get them out. It didn't go down well in the 'proper game' when, in the heat of the moment, I took out the guy on the way to base 1 ... still you live and learn :D

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
I used to play Baseball, it wasn't like the way we played in the street. In the street you'd throw a ball and hit a player in the back to get them out. It didn't go down well in the 'proper game' when, in the heat of the moment, I took out the guy on the way to base 1 ... still you live and learn :D

In the street did you use a ball or a stone.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Back to the OP , I was at the a CAP for the CRFC v Ponty, I estimate about 1000 were there , a lot less than that same fixture has drawn in the last few years .

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

jimcardiff wrote:
Back to the OP , I was at the a CAP for the CRFC v Ponty, I estimate about 1000 were there , a lot less than that same fixture has drawn in the last few years .

In part, doesn't it depend when the fixture is? Xmas matches usually attract more fans than even derbies at more 'random' times of the year etc etc. Just look at the Ospreys-Scarlets match: the corresponding fixture last season was held at 3pm on 27th December and attracted 19,500 spectators, whereas this one was at 7.35pm on an October night and attracted just 12,500.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:

In part, doesn't it depend when the fixture is? Xmas matches usually attract more fans than even derbies at more 'random' times of the year etc etc. Just look at the Ospreys-Scarlets match: the corresponding fixture last season was held at 3pm on 27th December and attracted 19,500 spectators, whereas this one was at 7.35pm on an October night and attracted just 12,500.

Xmas are trad local derbies and home presence will normalise over time.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:55 am
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

In the street did you use a ball or a stone.

That reminded me, we usually used a beanz tin and a home made cricket bat that had broken lengthways. :D

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I was considering $20 of crack to ease the pain :D

There was great game last night between the Yankees and Cleveland which the Yankees won 1-0, which took 3 hours and 10 minutes.

Back in the 1980's that game would be over in 1 hour 45 minutes

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:27 pm
World XV Player

Surely NFL is the same. Its quite literally a few seconds of play surrounded by a few minutes of adverts. Total game playing time 60 minutes, 2013 stats ball in play time 11 MINUTES. Average length of game event 3hrs 12 minutes.
The sport is secondary, the primary thing is making money.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

String wrote:
Surely NFL is the same. Its quite literally a few seconds of play surrounded by a few minutes of adverts. Total game playing time 60 minutes, 2013 stats ball in play time 11 MINUTES. Average length of game event 3hrs 12 minutes.

All US sports are designed around commercial television, it s the only way the stars can make $25mm a year

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 am

Langland Exile wrote:
String wrote:

All US sports are designed around commercial television, it s the only way the stars can make $25mm a year

IIRC they tried to introduce breaks half way through the first and second halves of soccer games plus injury time outs so that they could run commercials. Of course the rest of the world told them to take a hike

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:28 pm
Profile E-mail

BTW I get what you are saying about the NFL but the ending of The Cowboys Packers game on Sunday night was absolutely brilliant

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I dont dislike the sport at all but i utterly loathe adverts. I have to watch all NFL as highlights (or full game with the breaks cut out).

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:35 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next