It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Welsh prem 
World XV Player

Post Welsh prem
RETURN TO NEWS
PREMIERSHIP EAST ROUND UP – 01/10/17

Sun 1st October
The round of Premiership East fixtures played on Saturday 30th September saw a clash between the top two placed clubs, Bedwas and Cardiff.

The match was played at the Bridge Fields and Bedwas made the most of their home advantage to claim victory by 18pts to 8 although having trailed by 0pts to 3 at the interval, thus holding on to top spot in the table.

Pontypridd leapfrogged Cardiff in the rankings by claiming a 26pts to 12 home win over Cross Keys. Reigning champions Merthyr registered a second successive win after three straight defeats, this time by 20pts to 33 away to Ebbw Vale.

On Sunday afternoon Newport suffered a home defeat by 14pts to 35 against what had been bottom placed club Bargoed, but who duly rose up the table to fifth position, leaving Ebbw stranded at the basement.

Premiership East – 1st October 2017
Team P W D L F:A BP Pts
1. Bedwas 6 5 0 1 182:96 5 25
2. Pontypridd 6 4 0 2 168:125 4 20
3. Cardiff 6 4 0 2 155:120 3 19
4. Merthyr 6 3 0 3 177:185 5 17
5. Bargoed 6 2 0 4 121:148 4 12
6. Newport 6 2 0 4 129:190 3 11
7. Cross Keys 6 2 0 4 128:171 2 10
8. Ebbw Vale 6 2 0 4 117:142 1 9

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Welsh prem
Thought ebbw would win as comfortable at half time. But then the referee decided it was christmas and starting handing out free cards. You can't really defend or do anything to win a game when you've got 12 men on the field. (The one yellow card was impressive, i believe it was 8 seconds after the player came on as a sub).

Ebbw, cardiff game aside are pretty dire this season.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
British & Irish Lions Player

String wrote:
Thought ebbw would win as comfortable at half time. But then the referee decided it was christmas and starting handing out free cards. You can't really defend or do anything to win a game when you've got 12 men on the field. (The one yellow card was impressive, i believe it was 8 seconds after the player came on as a sub).

Ebbw, cardiff game aside are pretty dire this season.

Do they still have Ronnie Kynes in their team?

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:22 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Yep. Although the new coaching regime seems to think hes better on the bench.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:46 am
Profile WWW