It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:15 am

Gareth Jenkins 
International Player

Post Re: Gareth Jenkins
String wrote:
Maybe he tried to fall on it and just missed it completely.

As I remember it he was running across the car park to get on the team bus when Roger Lewis tackled him from behind.
The bus drove off with the team looking tearfully out of the windows.
Half of them crying in sorrow the other half crying with relief.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

So Roger Lewis wasnt 100% useless then?

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

String wrote:
Hardly unfair or brutal. Jenkins was an average club coach over promoted well above his capabilities by the WRU who did their usual "jobs for the boys" recruiting policy. He was then too arrogant to admit he wasn't suited and making a terrible job of it and too arrogant to resign for the good of the game and the team.

If you want to see a brutal or unfair sacking, look how the same union treated Ruddock before him.

I always thought Ruddock Quit.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

String wrote:
Hardly unfair or brutal. Jenkins was an average club coach over promoted well above his capabilities by the WRU who did their usual "jobs for the boys" recruiting policy. He was then too arrogant to admit he wasn't suited and making a terrible job of it and too arrogant to resign for the good of the game and the team.

If you want to see a brutal or unfair sacking, look how the same union treated Ruddock before him.

Spot on, how anyone can have any sympathy for him is bizarre!

He is the perfect example of the Peter Principle!

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:58 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
String wrote:

Spot on, how anyone can have any sympathy for him is bizarre!

He is the perfect example of the Peter Principle!

X2 :thumbup:

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:05 pm
World XV Player

I think his trouble was what Howley's is ... he got a face on times like a scared rabbit and everyone jumps on it irrespective of talent.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Similar in that Howley has been over-promoted above his capabilities. However he's not head coach whereas Y Gar was.
Neither of them are there on merit but one of them at least has someone more capable above him.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:13 pm
Profile WWW