It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 am

Biggar to Northampton for 2018 Season 
World XV Player

Post Biggar to Northampton for 2018 Season
Announced today, I must admit I find the early announcement a bit puzzling.

Good for him, time to earn a pay cheque and start to look to the next stage of his professional development.

I feel Webb may follow, if not to the same team.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:07 pm
International Player

Post Re: Biggar to Northampton for 2018 Season
Good luck to the lad.
Although if I was him and there was an option, I would have chosen France.
Quality of life etc.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Meddling District Man Returns wrote:
Good luck to the lad.

Although if I was him and there was an option, I would have chosen France.

Quality of life etc.

Exactly.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:38 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:

Good for him, time to earn a pay cheque and start to look to the next stage of his professional development.

It was mentioned in the Webb article, Saints already interested ... but inevitably money talks and who can blame a pro player Biggar et al for securing futures.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:49 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:

I hope Webb doesn't follow him to Saints.

It wouldn't surprise me if Webb was part of his leaving, I don't think the Rhys Webb show works for Dan Biggar, and he'd be better served playing next to a more team orientated Scrum Half.

Good luck to him, I should imagine he will really flourish outside of Wales where we don't appreciate what players offer, Saints will love him

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

I hope Webb doesn't follow him to Saints.

It wouldn't surprise me if Webb was part of his leaving, I don't think the Rhys Webb show works for Dan Biggar, and he'd be better served playing next to a more team orientated Scrum Half.

Good luck to him, I should imagine he will really flourish outside of Wales where we don't appreciate what players offer, Saints will love him

X2...Biggar maybe less talented physically than others, but that competitive edge is hard to coach.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 pm
World XV Player

Time for a change for Dan by the looks of it. Good luck to him

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:51 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Was this the real reason the Ospreys brought back James Hook? Anyway, three main factors seem to be at play here:

(1) Money.
(2) Ospreys haven't won anything for a few years now (though I am not so sure Northampton's record is that much better either).
(3) The increasing importance given to Sam Davies by the Ospreys and possibly Wales. (Ironically, both here and in other rugby fora, people were saying that Davies should be the one to leave the Ospreys, as Biggar was holding him up).

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Was this the real reason the Ospreys brought back James Hook? Anyway, three main factors seem to be at play here:

(1) Money.
(2) Ospreys haven't won anything for a few years now (though I am not so sure Northampton's record is that much better either).
(3) The increasing importance given to Sam Davies by the Ospreys and possibly Wales. (Ironically, both here and in other rugby fora, people were saying that Davies should be the one to leave the Ospreys, as Biggar was holding him up).

Nobody with a rugby brain believes number (3) though ;) Biggar is a much better competitor and all round player, as the limited stints on the Lions tour proved.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:10 am
thread ruining clique

Ospreys are sinking ever deeper into the mire. If I were a fan I'd be calling for a change at board level. If the current downward spiral continues they'll be on a par with the Dragons within a couple of seasons.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:53 am
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Ospreys are sinking ever deeper into the mire. If I were a fan I'd be calling for a change at board level. If the current downward spiral continues they'll be on a par with the Dragons within a couple of seasons.

That can't be true mun, they've confirmed Tandy will be in charge until 2020, errr... :scratch: :D

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:39 am
World XV Player

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:54 am

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

(1) Money.

Nobody with a rugby brain believes number (3) though ;) Biggar is a much better competitor and all round player, as the limited stints on the Lions tour proved.

Then how come he wasn't selected - by Gatland, no less - for any of the Test matches? I am sure it wasn't too long ago you yourself were scathing of Biggar. He is better than Sam Davies much like Owen Farrell is better than George Ford and Jonny Sexton is better than Paddy Jackson - age and experience count. Both for the Ospreys and Wales, Sam has rescued matches where Dan (or, in the case of the Japan fiasco last November, Gareth Anscombe) had been underperforming.

(Just to clarify, to an extent I was playing Devil's Advocate in what I was saying above - I enjoy him as a player too - but still I don't think either the Ospreys or Wales would be so devastated to see him leave as some claim).

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:23 pm
Profile E-mail

spinbreath wrote:

I wouldn't go that far - perhaps they'll get as bad as the Blues or pre-2010 Glasgow though. But yes, Tandy is useless and inept.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:25 pm
Profile E-mail