It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Webb cv in wide circulation 
World XV Player

Post Re: Webb cv in wide circulation
Tony Panties wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:
If the Swans don't pull their finger out and spend big money, this time next season they won't need a stadium !!

The paradox : Currently, On the business front Ospreys seem significantly better off than the rest of the Regions.

Of course, that isn't to say that it is current of will last......

Business rarely stands still and the Ospreys have gone backwards quickly, on and off the field.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:30 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:
If the Swans don't pull their finger out and spend big money, this time next season they won't need a stadium !!

The paradox : Currently, On the business front Ospreys seem significantly better off than the rest of the Regions.

Business rarely stands still and the Ospreys have gone backwards quickly, on and off the field.

What's the latest position off the field?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:10 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:

No investment, no strategy for the business, no new corporate sponsors....heads firmly in sand..

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:49 am
World XV Player

Oh dear.

Um, er, erm, well, do you think the Ospreys have well established and long-term sponsors?

Do you think that the Ospreys haven't picked up new sponsors this year and last?

Is it possible that you haven't researched your topic?

Mind you, they haven't got a County Council spending ratepayers' millions, the Ospreys don't have a significant number of County Councillors among their supporters, I guess ... btw, ever heard of the phrase "Ultra Vires"?

Here are the Ospreys Lions - http://www.ospreysrugby.com/Teams/Lions

And I raise you the population of Swansea and Neath - that's 240,000 plus 46,000, call that 285,000 in round figures.

:D :D :D :D :D

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:46 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:

No investment, no strategy for the business, no new corporate sponsors....heads firmly in sand..

bottom line?

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:19 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Oh dear.

Um, er, erm, well, do you think the Ospreys have well established and long-term sponsors?

Do you think that the Ospreys haven't picked up new sponsors this year and last?

Mind you, they haven't got a County Council spending ratepayers' millions, the Ospreys don't have a significant number of County Councillors among their supporters, I guess ... btw, ever heard of the phrase "Ultra Vires"?
BAD PLANNING

Here are the Ospreys Lions - http://www.ospreysrugby.com/Teams/Lions IRRELEVANT

And I raise you the population of Swansea and Neath - that's 240,000 plus 46,000, call that 285,000 in round figures. NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ISSUE

it takes a bit of brainpower to get the point which of course would exclude you ;)

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:58 pm
World XV Player

Yeah.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:14 pm
World XV Player

Latest :

Saracens (Wigglesworth 34 now) have their hat in the ring for Webb (whilst Toulon look like going for Lesgourgues (BDX) consistent with post above)

Looking more likely that WRU/Direct contract will be gazumped?

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:50 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Latest :

Saracens (Wigglesworth 34 now) have their hat in the ring for Webb (whilst Toulon look like going for Lesgourgues (BDX) consistent with post above)

It's not gazumping, it's an open free market. This is the WRU model, and given the lack of owner financial commitment, is very understandable.
It will always realized that the top handful of players would play outside Wales and this is an example of it. When Webb goes, not if, the Ospreys will be the same level as Cardiff, and the decimation of pro rugby in the 2 biggest cities will be complete. ;)

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:49 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Latest :

It's not gazumping, it's an open free market. This is the WRU model, and given the lack of owner financial commitment, is very understandable.
It will always realized that the top handful of players would play outside Wales and this is an example of it. When Webb goes, not if, the Ospreys will be the same level as Cardiff, and the decimation of pro rugby in the 2 biggest cities will be complete. ;)

Gazumping is now rife with the market as it is, some get what they want and stay at inflated salaries (was a favourite game with some Irish players cue BOd and ABs too, Ben Smith recently an example while border line ABs wait and see and some go cue Cruden and Fekitoa). Aviva much more in the market now cue Liam W and maybe Webb.

Welsh players nearer sell by date cue Biggar may well take the benefits early but there's a problem with Article 9 release with the younger players and 'Gatlands Law' the last time I looked at it.

1/2P couldn't get the money in Aviva and Top14 despite lots of agent activity and he found home with Scarlets and filled the LIam W hole.

Rates seem higher again ..Arhip @ £500k !?

Keeping key players is now more expensive for the Unions at risk of loss whilst players benefit and good on 'em..

Yes it's an open market but gazumping is a virile activity and sometimes with different motives. ;) p

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:02 pm
World XV Player

Gazumping makes it sound a bit underhand and dirty, and I don't really see it that way.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Gazumping makes it sound a bit underhand and dirty, and I don't really see it that way.

Agreed, it's an open market.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:20 pm
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:

In the case of players that want to/are going stay but just inflate the price?

Agents sometimes go near the knuckle?

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:46 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Bouch wrote:
Oh dear.

And I raise you the population of Swansea and Neath - that's 240,000 plus 46,000, call that 285,000 in round figures.

Who paid the £27m for the Liberty to be built? Just wondering

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

wasp wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Oh dear.

Who paid the £27m for the Liberty to be built? Just wondering

Haven't you heard the latest news? Even the Star had it ...

Tell you what - Search for "Liberty Stadium changing hands" on Google - the piece is 4 years old but you'll get the gist.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:33 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next