It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:13 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Webb cv in wide circulation 
World XV Player

Post Re: Webb cv in wide circulation
I think Wales and the Ospreys will miss him, which is a shame, because I don't think he's very good.

Wales would miss him because the pretenders to his throne aren't even at his level, likewise the Ospreys, but it does give a kid the opportunity to step up (but we'll probably end up with a brain dead southern hemisphere lad)

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:52 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Club Player

How do people rate Tom Habberfield? I don't watch the Ospreys often enough to comment but he's been given a lot of game time there.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:12 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Figaro wrote:
How do people rate Tom Habberfield? I don't watch the Ospreys often enough to comment but he's been given a lot of game time there.

Solid enough regional player, but not really much beyond that.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tom is 25 years old now and played U-20s rugby.

Having signed up for a further 3 years in 2016, he's been a busy lad since then and the Ospreys think he's leadership material.

This is from the Ospreys site :-

Quote:
Tom Habberfield is relishing being part of the officer class at the Ospreys, with the scrum-half who beat New Zealand as a youngster retaining his region's leadership role for the Pro12 opener against Zebre at the Liberty tomorrow evening.

The former league champions name three players who have previously skippered them in Justin Tipuric, Tyler Ardron and Lloyd Ashley. Canadian Ardron even led his country at the World Cup.

But Habberfield impressed with the armband in the date with Leicester Tigers at Welford Road last Friday, coaxing his side forward and offering clear direction from the base of the scrum. It was no less than you would expect of a player who inspired Wales Under-20s to a stunning victory over the Baby Blacks in the Junior World Championship three years ago, tormenting the young Kiwis with relentless box-kicking in the rain at Stellenbosch.

Habberfield said: "It's been a great honour to be Ospreys captain.

"When Steve Tandy asked me to do the job, I jumped at the chance. It means a huge amount to skipper a region like the Ospreys and you feel privileged to have been handed the position, if only on a temporary basis.

"I'm still young, so it's good that the coaches thought I could do the job.

"Hopefully, I'll be able to justify their faith."

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:11 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Langland Exile wrote:
It's also a refection of the complete lack of ambition at the Ospreys, as that organization continues to decline.

Treading water until the Swans/Stadium deal outcome is clearer I'd say.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Treading water is so easy for Welsh clubs, they get paid regardless, they've all done it for a very long time

Ask Worcester

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:55 pm
World XV Player

wasp wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
It's also a refection of the complete lack of ambition at the Ospreys, as that organization continues to decline.

Treading water until the Swans/Stadium deal outcome is clearer I'd say.

is that why the Swans are not reinvesting in players?

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:28 am
Junior Player

If the Swans don't pull their finger out and spend big money, this time next season they won't need a stadium !!

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
If the Swans don't pull their finger out and spend big money, this time next season they won't need a stadium !!

The paradox : Currently, On the business front Ospreys seem significantly better off than the rest of the Regions.

Of course, that isn't to say that it is current of will last......

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:00 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:

The paradox : Currently, On the business front Ospreys seem significantly better off than the rest of the Regions.

Of course, that isn't to say that it is current of will last......

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:53 am
World XV Player

More in the french Press, ... apparently there will be a significant of 9s, ... other players out of contract etc.

It is reported that Toulon, Pau and Lyon have their hats in the ring for Webb.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:17 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
More in the french Press, ... apparently there will be a significant of 9s, ... other players out of contract etc.

A significant availability? Surplus?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:19 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

A significant availability? Surplus?

More freedom of places as some reach end of contract and sell by date, ... cue ex french international Tilouse-Borde, 32 yr old at Toulon and Thomas passed sell be date at Pau.
However there are others eg Lesgourgues at Bordeaux who is an excellent 9 but understudy to Serin the current young french international.

It does seem to me that there is increasing activity to reserve players in advance of their end of contract.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:52 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

More freedom of places as some reach end of contract and sell by date, ... cue ex french international Tilouse-Borde, 32 yr old at Toulon and Thomas passed sell be date at Pau.

However there are others eg Lesgourgues at Bordeaux who is an excellent 9 but understudy to Serin the current young french international.

It does seem to me that there is increasing activity to reserve players in advance of their end of contract.

Signing a Declaration of Intent seems to put the new club and the player in a better position re: future employment, byti.

It's a bit of a smack in the mouth for his present employers though and that leads to all sorts of difficulties.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:09 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

Signing a Declaration of Intent seems to put the new club and the player in a better position re: future employment, byti.

It's a bit of a smack in the mouth for his present employers though and that leads to all sorts of difficulties.

It is not a 'declaration of Intent'?

Usually now it is a pre-contract which is enforceable despite some who say otherwise.

An example is when Ranger signed a pre contract for Montpelier, he wanted to revoke it as he became nearer NZ selection.
He was held to it in lieu of a considerable compensation and he honoured the pre contract.

Similar was in place for Fekitoa who has joined Toulon.

Clubs are more particular now in the signature of early contracts and their level of commitment and compensation.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:10 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next