It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Webb cv in wide circulation 
World XV Player

Post Webb cv in wide circulation
Reported here that Webbs cv is in wide circulation and plenty of interest in Aviva and Top14 and encouraging lots of interest.

He's out of contract next June.

Looks like a well used ploy from NZ players for some time now and Irish players in the past ... a gazumping excercise with a failsafe bonanza on stay or go.

One thing for certain it will cost big bucks to keep him.

Expect more of the same especially with current injury incidence and Webb has already witnessed that.

Top14 at the mo there's an alarming incidence of top young players on the sidelines from long term injuries ...

Amongst the teams noted are the Saints ... a Webb/Biggar duo?

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:30 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Webb cv in wide circulation
Webby did good in New Zealand and he's a valuable commodity.

Leaving the Ospreys would be good for him but not to the Saints or the Bristol, Bath, Worcester side of England.

The Wasps, perhaps?

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:43 am
World XV Player

Reads
The Wales and Ospreys 9 on end of contract next June..his cv is circulating in Eng and also Top14

WEBB FOR SALE IN FRANCE

Webb had participated for the Lions last June ...

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:59 am
International Player

Bouch wrote:

Leaving the Ospreys would be good for him but not to the Saints or the Bristol, Bath, Worcester side of England.

The Wasps, perhaps?

I'm sure that, last time I looked, Wasps now reside in Coventry (or thereabouts). Some way further west than Saints. :dontknow:

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:21 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

x_ile wrote:
Bouch wrote:

The Wasps, perhaps?

I'm sure that, last time I looked, Wasps now reside in Coventry (or thereabouts). Some way further west than Saints. :dontknow:

Bristol, Bath and Worcester are usually quite close together in the table, the Saints players get horrible head injuries.

The Wasps location is in Coventry - I noticed the move myself as my darling daughter used to live a 5 minute drive away from the soccer ground.

:D

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:51 am
British & Irish Lions Player

A good player for sure, but if he falls victim to a (properly implemented) Gatland's law it won't be the end of the world. Unlike some positions, scrum-half is a position of relative strength for Wales - Gareth Davies, Aled Davies, Jonathan Evans, Lloyd Williams and Tomos Williams are all decent players, and at one point it looked like the first of those might have even usurped Webb as first-choice.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:02 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's also a refection of the complete lack of ambition at the Ospreys, as that organization continues to decline.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:47 pm

najbritcol wrote:
A good player for sure, but if he falls victim to a (properly implemented) Gatland's law it won't be the end of the world. Unlike some positions, scrum-half is a position of relative strength for Wales - Gareth Davies, Aled Davies, Jonathan Evans, Lloyd Williams and Tomos Williams are all decent players, and at one point it looked like the first of those might have even usurped Webb as first-choice.

We need more than settling for "decent" players in the Welsh team

Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

There are always Fly halves and scrum halves that people say are better than our first choice. Very rarely do the players live up to potential. As good as those players are, I doubt many of them will be first choice ahead of Webb soon.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Cymru am byth wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

There are always Fly halves and scrum halves that people say are better than our first choice. Very rarely do the players live up to potential. As good as those players are, I doubt many of them will be first choice ahead of Webb soon.

Gareth Davies might. I agree that the others are less likely.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Langland Exile wrote:
It's also a refection of the complete lack of ambition at the Ospreys, as that organization continues to decline.

Depends on how much assistance the WRU will give them this time. If they are prepared to help finance a new NDC for him, then that'll compete with most if not all English and French clubs. If not, then he'll almost certainly leave.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Depends on how much assistance the WRU will give them this time. If they are prepared to help finance a new NDC for him, then that'll compete with most if not all English and French clubs. If not, then he'll almost certainly leave.

Will they pay approx. 600-700k euros/annum with £ / euros almost parity?

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Is that the market for a current international with appearance limits? Liam's number is said to be much lower than that? Just asking..

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:12 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Is that the market for a current international with appearance limits? Liam's number is said to be much lower than that? Just asking..

On reflection that is excessive.

Roberts got £400k years ago

1/2p was on 700k euros + bonus (contentious sal cap issue)

prices are up ... sal cap marginally increased but moreso for Clubs with most internationals on release

Depends on need ..article on Webb mentions how Toulon need a 9...they missed bids for 2 young french squad 9s Dupont and Serin and Tillous Borde is just about passed sell by date ...

£/euro exchange rate is more favourable now, i would reckon that Webb could get at least £400k that's quite a slice.

It would be more favourable if Webb didn't have the Welsh release commitment and, of course, W Cup beckons.

The average Top14 salary is now 200k euros

It's a good gazump whichever way one looks at it

Webb and Biggar loss to Osps would be quite a blow ?

Expect more of the same

Biggest latest transfers are Slimani, Cruden, Fekitoa...

PS Liam did have an amorous incentive to move too ..

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:01 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

Webb and Biggar loss to Osps would be quite a blow.

P.S. Liam did have an amorous incentive to move too ..

Hmmm? London Calling?

Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:16 am