It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:57 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close .... 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10477
Post Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
Looks like it will be a Welsh Region, who can afford the 40%????

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... e-13408469

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:25 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 25755
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
on his way to the Scarlets! Great news!
a proper region... ;) :D :D


Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:46 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm
Posts: 12411
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
O's have dan evans, scarlets have lost Liam Williams but were playing him on the wing.

think he would be a good addition to both their squads and both playing in the top euro comp this year.

Blues have matthew morgan so don't need him :D


Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:58 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1977
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
BBC Wales says it shall be Scarlets. Perhaps with Halfpenny on board, they ought to win at least one out of the Pro 12 and European Cup.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40773723


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am
Posts: 3799
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
najbritcol wrote:
BBC Wales says it shall be Scarlets. Perhaps with Halfpenny on board, they ought to win at least one out of the Pro 12 and European Cup.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40773723


Not sure I would go that far in terms of Europe!! Good replacement for Liam Williams, but they would a few more signings of that quality to be genuine contenders on the European front.


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am
Posts: 3799
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
najbritcol wrote:
BBC Wales says it shall be Scarlets. Perhaps with Halfpenny on board, they ought to win at least one out of the Pro 12 and European Cup.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40773723


Not sure I would go that far in terms of Europe!! Good replacement for Liam Williams, but they would a few more signings of that quality to be genuine contenders on the European front.


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10477
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
tom21 wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
BBC Wales says it shall be Scarlets. Perhaps with Halfpenny on board, they ought to win at least one out of the Pro 12 and European Cup.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40773723


Not sure I would go that far in terms of Europe!! Good replacement for Liam Williams, but they would a few more signings of that quality to be genuine contenders on the European front.


That's a sensible perspective ... before we start overestimating futures ;)

Was Liam's contract at an end? If so Scarlets accrued nothing and will have to pay 40% of the fee .... that's the 500 extra season ticks gone for a burton.

Apologies for cynicism but the piper must be paid.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:05 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59281
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
Tony Panties wrote:
tom21 wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
BBC Wales says it shall be Scarlets. Perhaps with Halfpenny on board, they ought to win at least one out of the Pro 12 and European Cup.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40773723


Not sure I would go that far in terms of Europe!! Good replacement for Liam Williams, but they would a few more signings of that quality to be genuine contenders on the European front.


That's a sensible perspective ... before we start overestimating futures ;)

Was Liam's contract at an end? If so Scarlets accrued nothing and will have to pay 40% of the fee .... that's the 500 extra season ticks gone for a burton.

Apologies for cynicism but the piper must be paid.


Hs contract ended and rumour has it that the Scarlets offered in excess of GBP400,000 with NDC support.
He had a London based relationship which was a part of his decision.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:18 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59281
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
najbritcol wrote:
BBC Wales says it shall be Scarlets. Perhaps with Halfpenny on board, they ought to win at least one out of the Pro 12 and European Cup.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40773723


Well, we already won the PRO 12 without him.

Not convinced that this is a good move, unless virtually free.
6-8 games a season maybe, between Wales and injuries...will need to adapt to the Scarlets style.
Could win some Champions League games with his kicking.
McNicholl is a far better counter attacker, and I see Lee at wing not full back.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:32 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10477
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
BBC Wales says it shall be Scarlets. Perhaps with Halfpenny on board, they ought to win at least one out of the Pro 12 and European Cup.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40773723


Well, we already won the PRO 12 without him.

Not convinced that this is a good move, unless virtually free.
6-8 games a season maybe, between Wales and injuries...will need to adapt to the Scarlets style.
Could win some Champions League games with his kicking.
McNicholl is a far better counter attacker, and I see Lee at wing not full back.


It's 40% of fee for Scarlets.

He was on 700k euros/Season, current rates are down but taking a more realistic exchange it would be £600k

Toulon wouldn't play his game for 1 yr contract, Wasps and Bath backed off (rumoured agent was difficult) and now I would think he'd get £400k tops ??

That's Scarlets in for about £160k which would be good value imo.

On recent form I'd prefer Liam W.

Liam also moved to a Club on the crest of a wave.

Housing cheaper in Llanelli though even he moves to Langland ;)

1/2P and agent have got some come uppence (sorry)

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:51 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59281
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
BBC Wales says it shall be Scarlets. Perhaps with Halfpenny on board, they ought to win at least one out of the Pro 12 and European Cup.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40773723


Well, we already won the PRO 12 without him.

Not convinced that this is a good move, unless virtually free.
6-8 games a season maybe, between Wales and injuries...will need to adapt to the Scarlets style.
Could win some Champions League games with his kicking.
McNicholl is a far better counter attacker, and I see Lee at wing not full back.


It's 40% of fee for Scarlets.

He was on 700k euros/Season, current rates are down but taking a more realistic exchange it would be £600k

Toulon wouldn't play his game for 1 yr contract, Wasps and Bath backed off (rumoured agent was difficult) and now I would think he'd get £400k tops ??

That's Scarlets in for about £160k which would be good value imo.

On recent form I'd prefer Liam W.

Liam also moved to a Club on the crest of a wave.

Housing cheaper in Llanelli though even he moves to Langland ;)

1/2P and agent have got some come uppence (sorry)


It is a positive statement by the club that they intend to invest to succeed, nevertheless.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:54 pm
Profile
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 18541
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
Afon Bagshaw must be well chuffed.

_________________
We don't talk about love. We just want to get drunk.
And we have not a lot to spend, as we are told that this is the end.
A design for life.


Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:23 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3248
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
Could be a brilliant signing for scarlets. Top class goal kicker, very experienced, point to prove, still miles left on the clock

Issue is the number of game he plays..


Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am
Posts: 3799
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Could be a brilliant signing for scarlets. Top class goal kicker, very experienced, point to prove, still miles left on the clock

Issue is the number of game he plays..


Scarlets handled the international players very well last season, ensuring they peaked at just the right time.


Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59281
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Which REgion for 1/2P ....looking close ....
tom21 wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Could be a brilliant signing for scarlets. Top class goal kicker, very experienced, point to prove, still miles left on the clock

Issue is the number of game he plays..


Scarlets handled the international players very well last season, ensuring they peaked at just the right time.


The big games were won without Owens and Ball also.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:27 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: