It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:12 pm

New season 
World XV Player

Post New season
With the new season soon to be upon us what are you , what are your hopes/fears for your club or region or both.
For me as I watch the Welsh prem I have serious doubts about it, it needed strengthening , so in the last few years the WRUIN have done all they can to weaken it.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:19 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: New season
I've stopped watching, my eyes and ears were bleeding.

I've basically run out of *fups* to give Welsh rugby.

RIP Sean Spicer: "sometimes you can disagree with the facts" Awesome.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:03 pm
World XV Player

I want to watch the regions play rugby and enjoy it. I have spent too many Friday nights watching them play on tele and been bored. If they can make it entertaining and make it worth watching, I might go and see a game this season. I hope the Scarlets can continue as they were.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
I want to watch the regions play rugby and enjoy it. I have spent too many Friday nights watching them play on tele and been bored. If they can make it entertaining and make it worth watching, I might go and see a game this season. I hope the Scarlets can continue as they were.

I agree, I just spent 60 quid on one of their jerseys...they better bloody win :D

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:54 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

I agree, I just spent 60 quid on one of their jerseys...they better bloody win :D

That's more than I spent on a season ticket

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Ospreys v Leicester in the next few days at the Brewery Field.

Ospreys Rugby v Leicester Tigers - Fri 11 August 2017 , 19:45 kick off.

I might watch that one.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:00 pm
World XV Player

New season and some thoughts on dragons and blues

Dragons - last few seasons have been a farce and I think the limited signing including pinning hopes on the tangoed one is a recipe for disaster. Limited quality in front five but hopefully the emergence of hill will give sometimes to rally around

Blues - big season for Wilson as I think he has done ok to close the gap with other teams but really need to get on right side of results. Domachowski came through quite well last season and surprised me. No ones really talking about him so hoping he comes through. Warburton remembering he is contracted to the blues would be good as well

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I will suffer and watch as much as I want to or can, particularly Wales. :dontknow: :D

I hope the Scarlets keep up with their brand of rugby and local talent
Its time the Ospreys did something in Europe
Good luck to the dragons...
the Blues I have little interest in.

I hope we see some good young players coming through and that the regions and schools/clubs play their part in that.

other than that, I'm not buzzed much!

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:43 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Warburton remembering he is contracted to the blues would be good as well

I bet h spends all the live long day trying to forget it

RIP Sean Spicer: "sometimes you can disagree with the facts" Awesome.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:11 pm
World XV Player

I'll be going to Welford Road to watch the odd Tigers game and hopefully will make it to a Wasps home game this year as well. I can't believe what's going on in the Celtic League. It's like every day is April1st

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:26 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
I'll be going to Welford Road to watch the odd Tigers game and hopefully will make it to a Wasps home game this year as well. I can't believe what's going on in the Celtic League. It's like every day is April1st

Steve Trow is a Tiger's fan ... he's the one with the high albedo. Good bloke, say hi if you see him :D

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
pinning hopes on the tangoed one is a recipe for disaster.

I can't believe you posted that.

So much for journalism.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Hoping to get to few more games. Finances and time constraints meant I only managed two, season just gone.
Will continue to not really care about the Pro12, though I hope the Scarlets keep playing so well and winning.
Wales are overdue a bit of form, especially that Lions bloke back in the hot seat. Time will tell.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:30 pm
Club Player

Looking at the Welsh regions' recruitment, it's sad to say that the Dragons are the ones who most obviously look like they've improved, but that says more about the lack of recruitment on the others' parts. Henson and Kirchner (on paper at least) are definite improvements over their current calibre of player, and

The Ospreys are weaker than they were, no question. They have lost Underhill, Ardron and Matevesi, and recruited Hook and Allen. They were unlucky with injuries last year and getting back Bradley Davies, Dan Lydiate and Dimitri Arhip will almost seem like new signings, but overall they flattered to deceive last season when it really mattered and I can't see them doing any better this time. They don't have the cadre of promising young players that the Scarlets and Blues boast.

The Scarlets will have done allright if they do pick up Halfpenny, but if not, they have lost Liam Williams and DTH Van der Merwe and replaced them with Tom Prydie and some complete unknowns and 7s players. Sure, one or two of the unknowns *might* turn out to be the next McNicholl (though I doubt it - he wasn't known here but was doing well in Super Rugby, which is far more than you can say for Asquith), and Prydie *might* come good again, but those are unlikely and are two of them really going to match the quality of Liam and DTH?

Now the blues have lost their SA lock down the back of the sofa their recruitment looks very light indeed. Roberts might be very good, or he might be no better than Cory Allen was; either way the Blues already have two excellent centers so even if Roberts is as good as Lee-lo it's only a marginal improvement on the squad compared to what recruiting a world class tighthead would have done. Let's hope Dillon Lewis can stay injury free because if he doesn't, there's nothing to suggest the Blues will do any better this season than the last.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:53 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
Looking at the Welsh regions' recruitment, it's sad to say that the Dragons are the ones who most obviously look like they've improved, but that says more about the lack of recruitment on the others' parts. Henson and Kirchner (on paper at least) are definite improvements over their current calibre of player, and

The Ospreys are weaker than they were, no question. They have lost Underhill, Ardron and Matevesi, and recruited Hook and Allen. They were unlucky with injuries last year and getting back Bradley Davies, Dan Lydiate and Dimitri Arhip will almost seem like new signings, but overall they flattered to deceive last season when it really mattered and I can't see them doing any better this time. They don't have the cadre of promising young players that the Scarlets and Blues boast.

The Scarlets will have done allright if they do pick up Halfpenny, but if not, they have lost Liam Williams and DTH Van der Merwe and replaced them with Tom Prydie and some complete unknowns and 7s players. Sure, one or two of the unknowns *might* turn out to be the next McNicholl (though I doubt it - he wasn't known here but was doing well in Super Rugby, which is far more than you can say for Asquith), and Prydie *might* come good again, but those are unlikely and are two of them really going to match the quality of Liam and DTH?

Now the blues have lost their SA lock down the back of the sofa their recruitment looks very light indeed. Roberts might be very good, or he might be no better than Cory Allen was; either way the Blues already have two excellent centers so even if Roberts is as good as Lee-lo it's only a marginal improvement on the squad compared to what recruiting a world class tighthead would have done. Let's hope Dillon Lewis can stay injury free because if he doesn't, there's nothing to suggest the Blues will do any better this season than the last.

Fair points, but the Dragons signing anyone is going to be an improvement.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail