It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 am

Biggar Off? 
World XV Player

Post Re: Biggar Off?
Blindside wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
How did the Ospreys get on in the Champions Cup last year?

They weren't in it for the first time due to their RWC-disrupted Pro 12 campaign. All the same, they were the first team in the history of either European competition to get a perfect 30 points out of 30 in the pool stage. Furthermore, the previous year when they were in the Champions Cup, they were actually the Pro 12 team which came closest to making it to the QFs, only for Exeter to thrash them in their final pool match. (Still, the 33-17 reverse was small beer compared to the defeats that Leinster, Munster and the Scarlets were receiving during that campaign).

"
Yes, the same organization that could not get beyond the QF of the Heineken Cup despite have the core of the Welsh team plus Marshall and Collins. Pretty sad and going downhill....

Relied too much on Shane, not enough on team fundamentals.
ôn

Yet Hore began spouting nonsense about the "Osprey way" and culture etc Dont you just love an organization who has titles for people like "Elite Performance Director". :D What the *fupp* is that about! The Ospreys have over their History been decidedly average taking into the resources thrown at them at one stage, the words elite performance are laughable. The Underperformance Director must have been doing a fantastic job :D Culture comes from doing not spouting shit.

The Ospreys, attempted to tell people in their catchment that they should support them, yet give them next to nothing worth supporting in terms of their performance, or community involvement. They have a profound vanity about them, but they seldom look closely in the mirror. :D

Just a bit of history BS ...

Lewis appointed the first Elite Performance Director after Hore refused the job spec, ...they appointed Maw who quickly resigned saying he didn't understand the role :D Maybe the Marketing Consultant who sold Lewis the role didn't understand it either ;) The role was eventually watered down to very little and Lewsey was appointed in a reshaped role. He resigned for ´personal reasons' after Pickering and Lewis departed

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/15628.php#.WXZalOtXerU

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:57 pm
World XV Player

I think it'll be a good move for him and at the right time in his career. Can see him even improving a little which will only be a good thing

Good luck to him.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:37 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
The role was eventually watered down to very little and Lewsey was appointed in a reshaped role. He resigned for ´personal reasons' after Pickering and Lewis departed

Good God, byti, Josh Lewsey carried out an in-depth review of every function of the WRU that he was asked to look at.

Once he'd produced his enormously detailed report, which gave conclusions and recommendations, his role was at an end.

Here's the WRU statement - http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/35221.php#.WXctNzGWzcs

The Welsh Rugby Union's Head of Rugby Josh Lewsey has announced his resignation and will be leaving his post from January 2016.

Quote:
The Group Chief Executive of the WRU, Martyn Phillips has thanked him for his dedication and positive impact on the management and development of Welsh rugby.

In his remaining time with the WRU he will work closely with the Group Chief Executive to ensure a continuation of the many positive changes which have occurred over the last two years

Quote:
Lewsey was approached to take the position in 2013 and, having worked as a management consultant leading strategic change projects across various industries, set about reviewing and then addressing some of the key challenges in the game.

Since then, the WRU has restructured their development provision, been through a comprehensive strategic review and is addressing retention in the club game, particularly coach and referee development and the transition from junior through youth to adult rugby - alongside other key initiatives.

In addition, significant progress has been made to align the efforts and competitions of the Elite pathway.

Quote:
Lewsey identified a window of opportunity up into the 2015 Rugby World Cup based on sustained successes and set about establishing the necessary strategy, structures and systems to underpin the long term needs of both the elite and community game.

Quote:
From a rugby perspective this focussed on two aspects: The first was to utilise rugby's culture and values to focus on developing good people. The second was to build an aligned system of development in which the infrastructure of school, club and representative rugby could coexist, with centrally disseminated advice for the encouragement of best practice, thereby connecting the advice of the national team through to the grassroots level.

Quote:
The School Club Hub programme is also a key element, with 80 full time officers deployed across Wales linking schools with local clubs. The aim is to expand this to at least 100, which would also include universities, which would equate to coverage of 90% of the clubs in Wales and thereby underpin the needs of both the Elite and Community game.

Quote:
Lewsey stated: "I came to work here with a specific focus in mind, seeing the opportunity and need to address the underlying structures whilst the National team were so successful - to attempt to 'fix the roof while the sun is shining'.

"Also, my family are from Wales and I know the difference sport, but especially Rugby, can make to people's lives and local communities.

"Those factors can transcend education, health and society which has been a big focus for us.

"That is something we all feel passionate about and to that end, I feel honoured to have worked with some special people and collectively we should feel very proud of the progress we have made.

"Clearly there is still lots to address, not least some misperceptions but plans are already underway to do so and, though such changes will take a while to have their full effect, with Martyn now taking the reigns I'm confident that the momentum can be maintained.

"I can leave with these things in good hands. Likewise, we have some pathway matters to conclude before year end, so if we can also reach a collective approach there then the foundations of Welsh Rugby really will be moving to a good place.

"To avoid speculation and be entirely honest, alongside the above reaching a stage that it can be self sustaining, there have been some developments over the last year relating to personal matters, meaning that I couldn't continue to be in Wales on a full time basis."

Quote:
The WRU Group Chief Executive, Martyn Phillips, said; "I want to thank Josh for the dedication, energy and vision he has brought to his role as Head of Rugby.

[b]"There is no doubt his principle achievement across the past two years has been to drive strategic change and put in place a club hub structure which is already proving successful in introducing a new core of young players into the game.

"Before he steps down from the WRU he and I will work on the succession planning in order to maintain the momentum he has created for the game in Wales."
[/b]

The pats on the back seem sincere enough.

Haven't the clubs and regions worked very hard to get with it?

On a personal note, I'm told that Llanharan RFC are singing from the same hymn sheet as the WRU and age-grade rugby is up and running again, I believe.

A note from June - http://www.llanharanrfc.org.uk/content/mark-chair-minijuniors

Mark is Chair of Mini/Juniors

See "Contact Us" and "Personnel Gallery".

Mark has a Black and Blue pedigree - an ex player and one of a Morris family line to play for the club after his father (Phil) and grandfather (Ted).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:53 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
The role was eventually watered down to very little and Lewsey was appointed in a reshaped role. He resigned for ´personal reasons' after Pickering and Lewis departed

Good God, byti, Josh Lewsey carried out an in-depth review of every function of the WRU that he was asked to look at.

Once he'd produced his enormously detailed report, which gave conclusions and recommendations, his role was at an end.

Here's the WRU statement - http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/35221.php#.WXctNzGWzcs

The Welsh Rugby Union's Head of Rugby Josh Lewsey has announced his resignation and will be leaving his post from January 2016.

Quote:
The Group Chief Executive of the WRU, Martyn Phillips has thanked him for his dedication and positive impact on the management and development of Welsh rugby.

In his remaining time with the WRU he will work closely with the Group Chief Executive to ensure a continuation of the many positive changes which have occurred over the last two years

Quote:
Lewsey was approached to take the position in 2013 and, having worked as a management consultant leading strategic change projects across various industries, set about reviewing and then addressing some of the key challenges in the game.

Since then, the WRU has restructured their development provision, been through a comprehensive strategic review and is addressing retention in the club game, particularly coach and referee development and the transition from junior through youth to adult rugby - alongside other key initiatives.

In addition, significant progress has been made to align the efforts and competitions of the Elite pathway.

Quote:
Lewsey identified a window of opportunity up into the 2015 Rugby World Cup based on sustained successes and set about establishing the necessary strategy, structures and systems to underpin the long term needs of both the elite and community game.

Quote:
From a rugby perspective this focussed on two aspects: The first was to utilise rugby's culture and values to focus on developing good people. The second was to build an aligned system of development in which the infrastructure of school, club and representative rugby could coexist, with centrally disseminated advice for the encouragement of best practice, thereby connecting the advice of the national team through to the grassroots level.

Quote:
The School Club Hub programme is also a key element, with 80 full time officers deployed across Wales linking schools with local clubs. The aim is to expand this to at least 100, which would also include universities, which would equate to coverage of 90% of the clubs in Wales and thereby underpin the needs of both the Elite and Community game.

Quote:
Lewsey stated: "I came to work here with a specific focus in mind, seeing the opportunity and need to address the underlying structures whilst the National team were so successful - to attempt to 'fix the roof while the sun is shining'.

"Also, my family are from Wales and I know the difference sport, but especially Rugby, can make to people's lives and local communities.

"Those factors can transcend education, health and society which has been a big focus for us.

"That is something we all feel passionate about and to that end, I feel honoured to have worked with some special people and collectively we should feel very proud of the progress we have made.

"Clearly there is still lots to address, not least some misperceptions but plans are already underway to do so and, though such changes will take a while to have their full effect, with Martyn now taking the reigns I'm confident that the momentum can be maintained.

"I can leave with these things in good hands. Likewise, we have some pathway matters to conclude before year end, so if we can also reach a collective approach there then the foundations of Welsh Rugby really will be moving to a good place.

"To avoid speculation and be entirely honest, alongside the above reaching a stage that it can be self sustaining, there have been some developments over the last year relating to personal matters, meaning that I couldn't continue to be in Wales on a full time basis."

Quote:
The WRU Group Chief Executive, Martyn Phillips, said; "I want to thank Josh for the dedication, energy and vision he has brought to his role as Head of Rugby.

[b]"There is no doubt his principle achievement across the past two years has been to drive strategic change and put in place a club hub structure which is already proving successful in introducing a new core of young players into the game.

"Before he steps down from the WRU he and I will work on the succession planning in order to maintain the momentum he has created for the game in Wales."
[/b]

The pats on the back seem sincere enough.

Haven't the clubs and regions worked very hard to get with it?

On a personal note, I'm told that Llanharan RFC are singing from the same hymn sheet as the WRU and age-grade rugby is up and running again, I believe.

A note from June - http://www.llanharanrfc.org.uk/content/mark-chair-minijuniors

Mark is Chair of Mini/Juniors

See "Contact Us" and "Personnel Gallery".

Mark has a Black and Blue pedigree - an ex player and one of a Morris family line to play for the club after his father (Phil) and grandfather (Ted).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lewsey never stayed in any job long enough to be truly counted.

Where's he been since he left?

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:11 pm
World XV Player

duplicate

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:11 pm
World XV Player

That might be your daftest post, mon brave.

Congratulations on "watering down" btw.

:D

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:48 am
World XV Player

Big fan of Biggar, such a gutsy player, but the fact is he stands too deep, severely limiting his ability to get the backline moving. Because of that one key fact for me he is not in the same league as Sexton who is his opposite in that respect and who, by standing up flat and using his characteristic "loop around" can set any back line alight, as he did in NZ.
Think he'll be 28 by the time Biggar's out of contract at Swansea and if he can then pick up a big contract from the likes of Northampton for the last few years of his career, good luck to him.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:32 pm
REF

He'll come on leaps and bounds at the Saints, North has become a much better player whilst playing for the Saints.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:12 pm
World XV Player

Old Second Row wrote:
Big fan of Biggar, such a gutsy player, but the fact is he stands too deep, severely limiting his ability to get the backline moving. Because of that one key fact for me he is not in the same league as Sexton who is his opposite in that respect and who, by standing up flat and using his characteristic "loop around" can set any back line alight, as he did in NZ.
Think he'll be 28 by the time Biggar's out of contract at Swansea and if he can then pick up a big contract from the likes of Northampton for the last few years of his career, good luck to him.

just wonderin' ... does he stand as deep when not under 'Custers' orders?

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Steve T wrote:
He'll come on leaps and bounds at the Saints, North has become a much better player whilst playing for the Saints.

LOL joking or serious?

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:08 pm
Profile E-mail

najbritcol wrote:
Steve T wrote:

LOL joking or serious?

Joking or just ignorant, surely?

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:43 pm
Profile E-mail

wasp wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Steve T wrote:

LOL joking or serious?

Joking or just ignorant, surely?

North has the occasional good match for Wales, but is injured too often, and even when fit he is at best no better and possibly worse than he was when playing for the Scarlets.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

North has the occasional good match for Wales, but is injured too often, and even when fit he is at best no better and possibly worse than he was when playing for the Lions in Australia and New Zealand.

There ya go.

:D

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:15 am