It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:15 pm

So Howley/Gatland were wrong on 15? 
International Player

Post Re: So Howley/Gatland were wrong on 15?
najbritcol wrote:
welshy34 wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
welshy34 wrote:
eborr wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Williams makes mistakes unfortunately... involved in one of the greatest ever BI tries today but then gifts the ABs a try by letting a ball drop through his arms - which is criminal for a top level full back.

Halfpenny is less boom and bust and makes few errors. Handily he is also the best goal kicker in the world.

I see why selectors sometimes go for halfpenny. Williams mistakes infuriate me and I don't believe he had a great game today (as widely reported) as he gifted the all blacks a try

agree - Halfpenny is the better defensive player, although he sometimes puts his head on the wrong side when he tackles, he also has great hands, Webb's so-called great try in the 6N only executed because HP had the talent to catch the badly thrown long pass.

Maybe the coaching needs to be more sophisticated, and change their positions from time to time, LW runs great lines from the full back position, so whatever number he has on his shirt that should be exploited

Nailed it :D but I do think he had a GOOD (if not great) game.
I would still go Williams at 15 and Helfpenny on the wing.
On the wing - Halfpenny had a fantastic strike rate and was pretty deadly.

That would be my inclination too, but how come it didn't really work last November against Japan?

I thought it worked pretty well myself.

Well obviously not enough to prevent the dreadful final result.

It's a team sport. Poor game for sure.
I thought Halfpenny was excellent on the wing and proved why he was more effective in attack there.
Just like he always was before.
Liam maybe didn't have his best game but, the reason so many of us in Wales want to swap them is that Liam REPEATEDLY does what he did against the all black against everyone.
He unfortunately also makes the odd mistake e.g. dropped high ball leading to try and yellow card for tackle in the air.
That's the conflict. Halfpenny rarely makes a mistake in defence etc.

I was amazed they didn't continue with it.
Whilst the game was a disappointment and Liam didn't shine like he does - Halfpenny did on the wing.
That proved it for me and I assumed Howler would agree. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Beggers belief to be honest.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:02 pm
Profile E-mail