It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Mat Clark of Bath 
World XV Player

Post Re: Mat Clark of Bath
Chris ScumV wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
You'd hope that a guy who is as English as the pony shit on dartmoor, having represented every age group for England and having lived there his whole life, would play for Wales because England have some decent players, if only the WRU would get off their lazy asses and look for these welsh qualified players?

They now have a full time department doing just that, trawling through colleges etc, to find welsh qualified players and invite them into the elite system.

Max is English in all but birth, and just as when I played in England as a teenager and climbed the ladder, no WAY would I have represented England. Happy to play for east anglia and eastern counties, as that represented my CLUB, but no way would I have turned my back on MY country and worn the red rose. (apart from the fact I wasn't good enough :D ) I am welsh by birth and history, he is Welsh by birth and english by history (personal life history)

Sorry, but i found that very ambiguous..is he even interested in representing Wales?

Thu May 11, 2017 1:57 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
You'd hope that a guy who is as English as the pony shit on dartmoor, having represented every age group for England and having lived there his whole life, would play for Wales because England have some decent players, if only the WRU would get off their lazy asses and look for these welsh qualified players?

They now have a full time department doing just that, trawling through colleges etc, to find welsh qualified players and invite them into the elite system.

Max is English in all but birth, and just as when I played in England as a teenager and climbed the ladder, no WAY would I have represented England. Happy to play for east anglia and eastern counties, as that represented my CLUB, but no way would I have turned my back on MY country and worn the red rose. (apart from the fact I wasn't good enough :D ) I am welsh by birth and history, he is Welsh by birth and english by history (personal life history)

Sorry, but i found that very ambiguous..is he even interested in representing Wales?

No he isn't, never has been, and never will be.

My point was the opening poster appears to be questioning why the WRU haven't approached him, perhaps suggesting that they were not-informed or not scouting such players, and if they did so, baring in mind the pool of talent in England that this lad would want to come and play for Wales instead.

As Chris has pointed out, they have a fulltime system, and have done for some time, and as everyone else pointed out, the lad is as English as they come

Thu May 11, 2017 4:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:

No he isn't, never has been, and never will be.

My point was the opening poster appears to be questioning why the WRU haven't approached him, perhaps suggesting that they were not-informed or not scouting such players, and if they did so, baring in mind the pool of talent in England that this lad would want to come and play for Wales instead.

As Chris has pointed out, they have a fulltime system, and have done for some time, and as everyone else pointed out, the lad is as English as they come

Thanks

Thu May 11, 2017 4:22 pm