It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Lack of focus, unforced errors, composure and so on 
World XV Player

Post Lack of focus, unforced errors, composure and so on
I didn't see the match today, but I'm a bit sick of hearing the following from our regional or international coaches when we lose. I quote Steve Tandy:

Quote:
...we've paid for some inaccuracies, not finishing off opportunities and a little bit of ill-discipline in the first half,

"At the back end I think there was enough time and opportunities to chase the game down but ultimately we weren't accurate enough and probably forced one or two things that we probably didn't need to."

Here's an idea. How about we try and concentrate on some of the basics, as clearly there is nothing including our tatics, players and gameplans to look at?

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Lack of focus, unforced errors, composure and so on
Cymru am byth wrote:
I didn't see the match today, but I'm a bit sick of hearing the following from our regional or international coaches when we lose. I quote Steve Tandy:

Quote:
...we've paid for some inaccuracies, not finishing off opportunities and a little bit of ill-discipline in the first half,

"At the back end I think there was enough time and opportunities to chase the game down but ultimately we weren't accurate enough and probably forced one or two things that we probably didn't need to."

Here's an idea. How about we try and concentrate on some of the basics, as clearly there is nothing including our tatics, players and gameplans to look at?

Hows about we learn to concentrate?

Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:47 am
Site Admin

They are overpaid and underpressured. <queue twighlight music> welcome... to the comfort zone.

They win they get paid they go out and post on twitter and facebook.
They lose they get paid they go out and post on twitter and facebook.

See the problem right there :)

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:57 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Chris ScumV wrote:
They are overpaid and underpressured. <queue twighlight music> welcome... to the comfort zone.

They win they get paid they go out and post on twitter and facebook.
They lose they get paid they go out and post on twitter and facebook.

See the problem right there :)

The twitter stock price reflects it.. ;)

Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:50 am
Site Admin

Only in IT could a company that has never made a profit be worth so much. Loock at Instagram for example!

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

Who's got the job as the script writer for the welsh professional coaches?

Seems like an easy enough job.....a few clichés cut and pasted and occasionally reassembled in a different order. I'd be over the moon if I had that job.

Every now and then they mess it up though, usually using inaccuracies about the accuracies instead of focussing on not making unfocussed errors and being more accurate.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Ha ha good post :thumbright:

Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I've watched the Ospreys decline from potential "Top of the table/Home draw in the semi" candidates to a shower of shit.

AWJ came onto the field as the best qualified ball boy in the world and I thought he might ramp up the team work, commitment and concentration to a reasonable level.

He didn't.

Ospreys are now easy beats and the Blues gave them a thorough going over.

This has been the most shameful 2 or 3 weeks in the Ospreys' existence.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:16 am
British & Irish Lions Player

Bouch wrote:
I've watched the Ospreys decline from potential "Top of the table/Home draw in the semi" candidates to a shower of shit.

AWJ came onto the field as the best qualified ball boy in the world and I thought he might ramp up the team work, commitment and concentration to a reasonable level.

He didn't.

Ospreys are now easy beats and the Blues gave them a thorough going over.

This has been the most shameful 2 or 3 weeks in the Ospreys' existence.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think the beginning of last season during RWC at least rivals this, especially their severe loss away to Edinburgh and first-ever loss at the Liberty to Connacht. Btw, the Ospreys did improve somewhat in the second half yesterday, especially once Webb was finally subbed off.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

biggar is shit mun ;)

The people who should be shouldering theblame here are the players, no iffs, no but's, The coach then also has to ask why can't he get any sort of consistency from this bunch.

BUT ( and here is the problem), the same players are inconsistenty under Gatland, which begs the question, 'what is the lowest common denominator?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Chris ScumV wrote:
biggar is shit mun ;)

No he isn't. He is no Farrell or Sexton for sure, but he is very committed and reliable. Apart from Gareth Davies (who really has been disappointing in recent months), he was the player who, more than anyone else, gave Wales' injury-ridden RWC campaign some respectability. As for Sam Davies, he is good if the forwards give him a platform, but when they don't, then not so much... Had Biggar been at fly-half yesterday, I can bet you the game would have been considerably less one-sided.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
biggar is shit mun ;)

No he isn't. He is no Farrell or Sexton for sure, but he is very committed and reliable. Apart from Gareth Davies (who really has been disappointing in recent months), he was the player who, more than anyone else, gave Wales' injury-ridden RWC campaign some respectability. As for Sam Davies, he is good if the forwards give him a platform, but when they don't, then not so much... Had Biggar been at fly-half yesterday, I can bet you the game would have been considerably less one-sided.

Based on what? :wtf:

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
biggar is shit mun ;)

Based on what? :wtf:

When the forwards are on the back foot, he doesn't panic like Sam Davies seems to do. He is just generally a more commanding presence.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

najbritcol wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
biggar is shit mun ;)

I am sensing anger here, so much so that you missed the sarcastic winking face. ;)

I would pick Biggar every day of the week and twice on Sunday. people rave about Halfpenny kicking but Biggs has a far better kicking average.

Hopefully you now see we agree on this. :)

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Horses for courses.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail