It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Lack of focus, unforced errors, composure and so on 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Lack of focus, unforced errors, composure and so on
Chris ScumV wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
biggar is shit mun ;)

No he isn't. He is no Farrell or Sexton for sure, but he is very committed and reliable. Apart from Gareth Davies (who really has been disappointing in recent months), he was the player who, more than anyone else, gave Wales' injury-ridden RWC campaign some respectability. As for Sam Davies, he is good if the forwards give him a platform, but when they don't, then not so much... Had Biggar been at fly-half yesterday, I can bet you the game would have been considerably less one-sided.

I am sensing anger here, so much so that you missed the sarcastic winking face. ;)

I would pick Biggar every day of the week and twice on Sunday. people rave about Halfpenny kicking but Biggs has a far better kicking average.

Hopefully you now see we agree on this. :)

Halfpenny's kicking used to be the best, but that 2015 injury seems to have weakened him a lot. As for the Biggar vs Davies debate, the two complement each other at the Ospreys - against top teams Biggar should start, hopefully soften the opposition enough and then Davies comes on to get the backs to score lots of tries near the end and finish the game off; against weaker teams Davies should start, but if it goes genuinely tits up and the forwards become useless like in Treviso the other week, bring on Biggar to steady the ship.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Chris ScumV wrote:
biggar is shit mun ;)

The people who should be shouldering theblame here are the players, no iffs, no but's, The coach then also has to ask why can't he get any sort of consistency from this bunch.

BUT ( and here is the problem), the same players are inconsistenty under Gatland, which begs the question, 'what is the lowest common denominator?

The same can apply to the Blues this season.

They had a good start to the season then went to shit. Only to perform really well against the Ospreys this weekend.

I don't think the blame for the result can be placed entirely on the Ospreys poor play. I feel it was more that the Blues played to their potential. Which was great to see. The word 'potential' I think is key to the whole argument here. I agree Chris, If our teams weren't so inconsistent and played as well as they could every weekend, we couldn't really complain but we go from hot to cold... we would have something to work from.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
biggar is shit mun ;)

The people who should be shouldering theblame here are the players, no iffs, no but's, The coach then also has to ask why can't he get any sort of consistency from this bunch.

BUT ( and here is the problem), the same players are inconsistenty under Gatland, which begs the question, 'what is the lowest common denominator?

The same can apply to the Blues this season.

They had a good start to the season then went to shit. Only to perform really well against the Ospreys this weekend.

I don't think the blame for the result can be placed entirely on the Ospreys poor play. I feel it was more that the Blues played to their potential. Which was great to see. The word 'potential' I think is key to the whole argument here. I agree Chris, If our teams weren't so inconsistent and played as well as they could every weekend, we couldn't really complain but we go from hot to cold... we would have something to work from.

Apologies, that comes across as a critical post Chris, it wasn't intended thaf way... I was broadly agreeing with you.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Scarlets lost their opening three matches without Samson Lee and Rob Evans. Blues go AWOL for three months or so without Nick Williams and Gethin Jenkins. Ospreys now collapsing without Dmitri Arhip and AWJ. Anyone notice a pattern here?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Scarlets lost their opening three matches without Samson Lee and Rob Evans. Blues go AWOL for three months or so without Nick Williams and Gethin Jenkins. Ospreys now collapsing without Dmitri Arhip and AWJ. Anyone notice a pattern here?

I accept what you are saying to a point - there are major players that make a difference. However, the Blues have played shit with both Gethin Jenkins and Nick Williams playing. Likewise Ospreys with AWJ.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Cymru am byth wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

I accept what you are saying to a point - there are major players that make a difference. However, the Blues have played shit with both Gethin Jenkins and Nick Williams playing. Likewise Ospreys with AWJ.

I cannot speak for the Blues, but the only bad match the Ospreys had this season with AWJ present was against Leinster. (Maybe the New Years' match at Rodney Parade counts as such too, but that was mainly the waterlogged pitch's fault). My main point was that, without the presence of key forwards in particular, none of the regions can really make headway.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

I cannot speak for the Blues, but the only bad match the Ospreys had this season with AWJ present was against Leinster. My main point was that, without the presence of key forwards in particular, none of the regions can really make headway.

Sorry, I don't disagree with that point but I am aying that inconsistency is clearly a problem the players need to sort out, but some blame has to be with the coaches.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
I am saying that inconsistency is clearly a problem the players need to sort out, but some blame has to be with the coaches.

Yep, AWJ was sent out to wake the players up and that ended in a slanging match at the tunnel entrance. Tandy must have been absolutely pissed off with that skirmish and it might just cost the Os a few bob.

:dontknow:

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:11 am
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

Yes, you try to make up facts to justify your opinions?

Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:34 pm
Site Admin

if you look hard enough you will always find a pattern. The clever bit is making sure you are not mixing up cause and effect

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Chris ScumV wrote:
if you look hard enough you will always find a pattern. The clever bit is making sure you are not mixing up cause and effect

Lack of love as a child? ;)

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:04 am
World XV Player

Chris ScumV wrote:

Cause - The Ospreys lack leaders when AWJ and Biggar are absent (Not a surprise). Sending on AWJ as a ballboy should have solved the lack of support play at least. It didn't.

The Ospreys inability to protect their 10 wasn't good to watch. Sam was left dithering in a pool of indecision and that was unfair on the lad, who looked so far out of his depth against the Blues backrow that any ability he has was swamped.

That was ugly to see in the first half - the lad didn't deserve that humiliation.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 am
Site Admin

So he is not up to top flight rugby then?

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I've been a prime advocate of Sam D.

I'm disappointed with recent form, not consistent which is essential....

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:40 pm
World XV Player

It has just been a couple of matches he's been out of form... but here we go again with the goldfish bowl of our fly half not coming up to scratch...

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next