It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Return of the king 
World XV Player

Post Return of the king
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/henson-rave-reviews-bristol-wales-12659540

Gavin Henson draws rave reviews as match-winning Bristol RFC display prompts calls for his Wales return

Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:49 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Return of the king
Wales Online: leading fanclub for an overtanned showoff who ruined what could have been an exceptional career.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:58 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Wales Online: leading fanclub for an overtanned showoff who ruined what could have been an exceptional career.

I think he's nailed the "Exceptional Career", Naj.

He failed some of the other requirement needed to be remembered kindly by folks west of Porthcawl.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:24 am
thread ruining clique

najbritcol wrote:

How many Grand Slam medals are in your trophy cabinet, butt?

Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:19 am

Henson was often a brilliant player, but he ruined it by going too much into the celebrity crap, to the point where he even left the RWC 2011 training camp to join a reality TV show, has been constantly injured and for a while was so ill-disciplined that he was sacked by three different clubs.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:29 pm
Profile E-mail

spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Adam and Ryan Jones won even more than did Henson - should we bring them back too?

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Henson was often a brilliant player, but he ruined it by going too much into the celebrity crap, to the point where he even left the RWC 2011 training camp to join a reality TV show, has been constantly injured and for a while was so ill-disciplined that he was sacked by three different clubs.

Henson got injured in the game against the Barbarians. I don't think he featured in the 2011 squad.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Cymru am byth wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Henson got injured in the game against the Barbarians. I don't think he featured in the 2011 squad.

He was ruled out of the 2011 RWC by a hand injury sustained in the Wales-England warm-up match.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Adam and Ryan Jones won even more than did Henson - should we bring them back too?

I believe both of those have retired from International rugby. And I don't believe I called for Gav to be brought back.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:42 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

He was ruled out of the 2011 RWC by a hand injury sustained in the Wales-England warm-up match.

Gavin dislocated his wrist - this is an open goal for you .... seize the opportunity.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:28 am
Regional Player

Treforest Gump wrote:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/henson-rave-reviews-bristol-wales-12659540

Gavin Henson draws rave reviews as match-winning Bristol RFC display prompts calls for his Wales return

I watched the highlights and it was like the old days - but he was f****d after about 50 minutes. So much time on the ball, great decision making and superb defence given his shoulder problems. Class most certainly is permanent.

The nostalgic part of me says he couldnt possibly be less effective than our current 10/12 combos, but the reality is that he is probably not up to an international recall!

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

My Dad oft used the expression 'In ignorance there is intelligence but genius is oft tempered by insanity'

Henson, epitomised failed fulfillment of a talent at the door of incapability to harness it.

Sad in total but glorious in snapshots.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:37 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
My Dad oft used the expression 'In ignorance there is intelligence but genius is oft tempered by insanity'

Henson, epitomised failed fulfillment of a talent at the door of incapability to harness it.

Sad in total but glorious in snapshots.

Well said, his timing of passes and putting people into space has become a lost art...enjoyed watching him play.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:13 am
World XV Player

Deceptive pace too

what could have been

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:20 pm
World XV Player

still enjoy watching him play. i think i'd be more likely to watch a game if he was in the team than any other welsh center

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail