It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
WRU National Cup 28/01/17 
International Player

Post Re: WRU National Cup 28/01/17
Big And Dull wrote:
I don't really know what you expect. The cup is pretty low in the pecking order with the plate and bowl even further down and while they are important to the clubs involved, really in the big scheme of things they are really quite small
Little tip for the future quite a lot of clubs tweet score updates just do a search for the home and away teams, alternately try this sites for results http://www.allwalessport.co.uk/rugby-union.aspx?Sport=1

Thanks for those tips.

However, the fact remains that however trivial the WRU Nat Cup may be in the grand scheme the Beeb sees fit to regularly report live scores, fixtures and results for considerably less distinguished games
England: down to Nat Lge Div 2 with the likes of Redingensians
Scotland: down to BT Nat 3 with the likes of Orkney (are there enough people living on Orkney to form a team? Hell of a place to get to as well.)
Wales: down to SWALEC Div 3N, with famous and historic sides like Ruthin, Blaenau Ffestiniog
Ireland: Ulster Bank Nat Lge Divs 1A & 1B

Do the WRU not bother to supply the Beeb and the National press with fixture lists?

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:35 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: WRU National Cup 28/01/17
x_ile wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
I don't really know what you expect. The cup is pretty low in the pecking order with the plate and bowl even further down and while they are important to the clubs involved, really in the big scheme of things they are really quite small
Little tip for the future quite a lot of clubs tweet score updates just do a search for the home and away teams, alternately try this sites for results http://www.allwalessport.co.uk/rugby-union.aspx?Sport=1

Thanks for those tips.

However, the fact remains that however trivial the WRU Nat Cup may be in the grand scheme the Beeb sees fit to regularly report live scores, fixtures and results for considerably less distinguished games
England: down to Nat Lge Div 2 with the likes of Redingensians
Scotland: down to BT Nat 3 with the likes of Orkney (are there enough people living on Orkney to form a team? Hell of a place to get to as well.)
Wales: down to SWALEC Div 3N, with famous and historic sides like Ruthin, Blaenau Ffestiniog
Ireland: Ulster Bank Nat Lge Divs 1A & 1B

Do the WRU not bother to supply the Beeb and the National press with fixture lists?

All those are leagues there doesn't seem to be much coverage of any cups from any country
Oh and thanks for mentioning Redingensians lI played against "Reading Engines" and my own captain threatened to tell the ref to send me off after I "fell out" with their 2nd row which was fine untill 10min later the lovely chap stamped on my head with me requiring 10 stitches . Though the following year, when we played them with a different captain, he lasted about 90 seconds and went off with very wobbly legs. Oh the the great fun of being a Welsh thug playing "rugger" in England

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7