It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 5:53 am

Gatlands Law 
Schools District Player

Post Gatlands Law
The only people I would bring in is Faletau, North and Halfpenny. Those leaving Wales now need to be seen as unloyal to their country and selection is not an option. Those who stay need to be selected and those with potential also selected. A strong management needs to show who is boss and that their priority is for players playing in Wales. Liam has made his decision tough luck on him, bring on the likes of Kieran Giles, Steff Evans, Sam Davies, Gareth Anscombe, Rhys Patchell, Hallam Amos, bring back Owen Williams from Leiceter, looking at these players we do not need Liam and others like him who think they are all Wales have. The 6 Nations is a perfect time to bring on players who will be our future World Cup players in 2019 and beyond. Bye bye Liam you have made your home elsewhere.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Gatlands Law
Yeah see your point, Liam Williams's are two a penny, their like buses, miss one and another will be a long in a minute. Ban the *Bar steward* !

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:30 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Terrific idea. Because we're so *fupping* awesome, we clearly need to handicap ourselves just to give the other nations a sporting chance.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:46 pm
World XV Player

So Liam is being disloyal but North,Faletau and Halfpenny haven't been :scratch:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

Assuming Halfpenny stay who who would be your 3 wild card from next season, Faletau, Halfpenny, Liam, Roberts, Priestland or North?

Faletau is a banker, then Halfpenny will probably the second then the choice of the other four for me it either North or Liam, tough choice.

Jamie Roberts has gone downhill with other centres like Owen Williams or Owen Watkins are likely picks or maybe Jack Roberts or NZ Parkes who could qualify under residential rules

Rhys Priestland is an easy one so is not picked.

George North form international has not been great of late and Liam Williams or versatility but question marks about their loyalty so I would pick Liam as my last wild card.

Faletau, Halfpenny and Liam as my wild card

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Is the law for the entire squad of the 30 players or for the match squad?

I.e. if you assume an injury or two, and the law applies to match squad, the law is unlikely to be a problem anyway?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

pontiets wrote:
The only people I would bring in is Faletau, North and Halfpenny. Those leaving Wales now need to be seen as unloyal to their country and selection is not an option. Those who stay need to be selected and those with potential also selected. A strong management needs to show who is boss and that their priority is for players playing in Wales. Liam has made his decision tough luck on him, bring on the likes of Kieran Giles, Steff Evans, Sam Davies, Gareth Anscombe, Rhys Patchell, Hallam Amos, bring back Owen Williams from Leiceter, looking at these players we do not need Liam and others like him who think they are all Wales have. The 6 Nations is a perfect time to bring on players who will be our future World Cup players in 2019 and beyond. Bye bye Liam you have made your home elsewhere.
Do you not understand that these players earn a living from the sport therefore they need to go where it best suite their needs, just the same as you do what's best for you employment wise.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

If this law is adhered to and affects the results of team Wales it could be the beginning of the end of pro Rugby in Wales.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Why would a national coach want to hamstring his selection?

can we call it what it is, the PRW save our asses on the cheap law

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 pm
Schools District Player

Owen Williams Gloucester bound will not be captured by Gatland Law next season despite interest from the Blues no offer was made from any of the Wales region.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Grabthepin wrote:
Owen Williams Gloucester bound will not be captured by Gatland Law next season despite interest from the Blues no offer was made from any of the Wales region.

Is that direct from the Heinz HP factory or the Daddys one?

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:08 pm