Silly law etc 
World XV Player

Post Re: Silly law etc
Otto wrote:
Keith L wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Keith L wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Anyone who played rugby back in the day will have no problem with this rule. Players will just have to tackle how us old timers had to, i.e. go low around the waist and slide down the legs.

Nothing wrong with that. In fact the rugby may become more entertaining as offloads become easier.

How can you go low around the waist and slide down the legs when a player is diving for the line from 2 yards out :dontknow:
It's too late isn't it - the player scores and that's how it should be. More entertainment, more points. Luvly.

Ill remember that post next time it happens to the Scarlets or god forbid Wales :thefinger:

Up yours ya Scotch git, leave Wales out of it!! :D

Oooh hark at the Canuck over by there :thefinger:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:40 pm
World XV Player

There's a full stop between points and luvly. :shock:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:41 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:

I dont mind youmcalling me luvly, luvly :love4: :thefinger:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:44 pm
Site Admin

ICEverything wrote:
Getting a bit fresh Ice, my old lover :love4:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stop it. All of you. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:55 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Anyone who played rugby back in the day will have no problem with this rule. Players will just have to tackle how us old timers had to, i.e. go low around the waist and slide down the legs.

Nothing wrong with that. In fact the rugby may become more entertaining as offloads become easier.

How can you go low around the waist and slide down the legs when a player is diving for the line from 2 yards out :dontknow:

Obviously you headbutt them on the way down.

It's a surprisingly good feeling having someones nose (bone, snotty blood and potentially some brain) in your hair knowing they dropped the ball 4 inches from the line.

And if they scored there's always the feeling of the blood on your head.....

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:12 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:

In all seriousness it's a good point.

We had the same thing with tip tackles, if you tackle the way you're taught as the correct technique when you're a kid, it doesn't happen.

You're perfectly capable of tackling people without being any danger of the head........ Although

My new tactic is to 'fall over' and headbutt the shoulder, tackler is at fault for accidental contact with the head, possible yellow certain penalty.

I don't know why I put fall over in inverted commas, I spent 25 years as a prop falling over from exhaustion in attempted maori sidesteps with ball in hand, just cos I know pretend to be a back doesn't mean that's changed!

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:16 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Some of tue tackles being made that are getting yellows seem to me to be safer than some of the legal ones.

I'd prefer to be tackled from behind with an arm over my should and over my chest than running full speed at someone who chop tackles me

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:11 pm
Profile E-mail