It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
George North has another crashing fall 
World XV Player

Post George North has another crashing fall
Quote:
Winger George North was not knocked out after a mid-air tackle (by a Leicester player) forced him off the field to be assessed.

He fell heavily in a foul tackle that led to Adam Thompstone being sin-binned.

"Thanks for all the messages. I am OK, I landed on my neck and was worried about it. Thanks to the medics for checking me out properly. I can't help but feel I won't be looking left or right for a few days." " North said on Twitter.

http://sport.bt.com/tries/highlights-leicester-tigers-19-11-northampton-saints-91364118395436

George jumped into the air to take a bouncing ball - the yellow card seemed fair enough.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:55 am
World XV Player

Post Re: George North has another crashing fall
Incredibly after clearly having been knocked out cold, and laying unconscious, he is allowed to play on ! :shock:

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:36 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

absolutely disgusting and unforgivable :angry4:

Time North considered futures and maybe a long rest.

Lions to be sidestepped

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... g-12269621

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:54 am
World XV Player

Two things - How was he allowed back on and why wasnt it a red card ffs?

My concern is that North is being targeted in this league and he has been on the end of some vicious play. He is a danger man but surely this is now becoming a serious issue as its becoming a regular thing!!

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:35 am
World XV Player

The issue for me is that he left the field for potential concussion which the medics found was not the case. They were probably vigorous in that aspect.

However, it was the Saints management responsibility to put him back on. He had complained of neck pain and given his injury record surely it was a RISK to put him back on.

Significant disregard for Player Welfare.

Reference the post above ie North is being targetted, all dangerous opponents are targetted to try and eliminate their influence. I can't imagine a high ball offence was committed wilfully to injure. There are players that are over the top and they are everywhere not in specific leagues or Countries.

10s and quarterbacks prime examples, team tactics involve their protection and use of the opponents preoccupation of 'stars' to their advantage

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:54 am
World XV Player

He wasn't knocked out and just lay still base he was concerned about a potential neck injury.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

This is the hot topic, if there was doubt there is no way he would have been allowed to play on.

Did he milk it?

he knows his own body, he was happy t play on

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:20 pm
International Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
This is the hot topic, if there was doubt there is no way he would have been allowed to play on.

Did he milk it?

I very much doubt that a player taking a heavy hit is in any position to distinguish his arse from his elbow let alone decide whether he is fit to play on. North, in particular, with his recent history of concussions should not have been allowed to continue after needing that degree of attention.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

x_ile wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:

Did he milk it?

I very much doubt that a player taking a heavy hit is in any position to distinguish his arse from his elbow let alone decide whether he is fit to play on. North, in particular, with his recent history of concussions should not have been allowed to continue after needing that degree of attention.

hear hear

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:21 pm
World XV Player

He's either faking it or being knocked out unbelievably easily... there was a little bit of whip with the landing, but nothing, no real contact with the ground. If he lost consciousness with that, then he would/should have not been allowed to return.

As an aside, just after the 1.30 stage in the vid, they awarded a try after going to TMO, surely that is two movements, the movement of his right arm facilitated the movement forward of his body and the reach with his left. That's two movements ! Am i wrong ?? or WTF is going on.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
]He's either faking it or being knocked out unbelievably easily... there was a little bit of whip with the landing, but nothing, no real contact with the ground. If he lost consciousness with that, then he would/should have not been allowed to return.

Then BS it's 'stay off' for me either way ..

1. significant trauma despite medic check, too much risk with North history

2. North hung by his own petard. He faked it ...cheat ...should have got his just desserts? Too much of that in the game and if Saints management acted on his cheating then shame on them too.

Can't have the penny and the bun eh?

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:47 pm
International Player

I must say I do worry a bit sometimes. I was knocked cold out 3 times when I was playing and had any number of hits to the head which lead to me feeling quite unwell hours later And now, at 57, just occasionally I have trouble remembering the odd thing like an actors name the name of a film or something similar, however the other day while I was getting petrol this bloke came up to me started talking to me, now I knew I knew him but couldn't remember from where, so I bluffed a conversation with him and it was only later I remembered who he was and it really scared me that he was my best mate for about 15 years he had lodged in my house for 2 years we had been to each others weddings I been to the christening of his 2 kids we had played rugby together even been on holiday together but for those few minutes in the garage I honestly didn't have a clue who he was
I should go and see someone but you can't get an appointment for ages in my surgery and since that happened I've been fine, apart from being a grumpy old tw@t on here all of the time

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
I must say I do worry a bit sometimes. I was knocked cold out 3 times when I was playing and had any number of hits to the head which lead to me feeling quite unwell hours later And now, at 57, just occasionally I have trouble remembering the odd thing like an actors name the name of a film or something similar, however the other day while I was getting petrol this bloke came up to me started talking to me, now I knew I knew him but couldn't remember from where, so I bluffed a conversation with him and it was only later I remembered who he was and it really scared me that he was my best mate for about 15 years he had lodged in my house for 2 years we had been to each others weddings I been to the christening of his 2 kids we had played rugby together even been on holiday together but for those few minutes in the garage I honestly didn't have a clue who he was
I should go and see someone but you can't get an appointment for ages in my surgery and since that happened I've been fine, apart from being a grumpy old tw@t on here all of the time

Worth getting checked out mate.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I think George needs a break from rugby, he needs to find his mojo.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:30 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
I think George needs a break from rugby, he needs to find his mojo.

Yep

Can't see it happening tho ... Lions selection.???!

Would be a silly decision ... health first, second and third

Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next