It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:55 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Liam Williams - Saracens 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 8346
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
spinbreath wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

It needs overhaul but it needs investment from owners to match. It can't all be the WRU and incidentally that cash cow is now leaking based on reduced MS attendances.

Long odds but there are investors out there willing to invest peanuts. in their terms to gain foothold. The Altrad takeover of Gloucs an example. Gloucs aren't that successful, have a traditional strong following etc but, imo, the likes of Cardiff Rugby would be a rich pick given history, geog placement and potential. Guys likeAltrad could make them an offer even the Cardiff diehards couldn't ignore. Ok the WRU are not the ideal bedfellows in comparison to the RFU but .....it could happen and investment apart fromUnion is the only way...

reference

the deal is scheduled for YE, a guy like Altrad would sood beat the bloody PRW into shape, he and his like are ruthless


viewtopic.php?f=32&t=71056


-----------------------------

This is why you need strong management at the WRU, and look what we have...Pinky and Perky...

----------------------------



It's not strong management its the total constitution and the decadence within.


The Union are liable for the governance of Welsh Rugby which includes hiring/firing ;) That is the root cause and the rot


;)

How is Cardiff such a wonderful proposition?
Millionaires invest in football because it gives them access to huge adoring crowds, celebrity, glamour models, sports cars and a chance to play at being involved in the sport every kid dreams of playing. They are willing to invest in poxy provincial clubs because they are a gateway to the above.
Invest in a rugby club in Wales and what are you buying into? A bunch of old men in blazers telling you how things were better in their day.
Not something I'd be interested in spending my money on.


Altrad, Lorenzetti, Savare , Marti, Boudjellal are all rich people that are in Rugby for different reasons ..

Altrad has just joined the party and is in it to fulfill a sideline and competition at a different level ie Sport after his immense success in Business!

Lorenzetti has fulfilled business interests and advantage for his presence in Rugby, e.g a real estate scoop by financing the Racing 350m euros, roofed stadium in the business area of Paris and also his wine interests in Asia.

Savare joined the party and has had his fingers burned he bought the glamour club Stade Francais, cost him up to 20m up to now and he is looking to sell. His entry, against family interests, was I think as a plaything ....and the challenge to turn Stade around...ego et al. Stade Francais were the earliest top french team ... fell from grace, wallowed down the leagues, Guazzini invested and resuscitated them into the top echelon and noted for their showbis extravaganza's but lost sight of the finances.

Marti not in the top echelon of businessmen but took over a Bdx/Begles consortium and has grown it into a very progressive well managed outit and building success. Average gates now well above 20k He has also benefited from wine company interest in that geography and foreign investment as a result.

Boudjellal probably the least rich of the bunch has sold his comic business to concentrate on RCT.
His goal to bring Toulon back into the big time has been a huge success but currently wavering. He is one of the few that has made a profit but is facing a loss now. He might sell.

Toulouse the biggest name in France rugby have wavered and their 'local' business association buiness model isn't up to the modern Pro Rugby and a very wealthy Finance Co are buying into them that will inevitably mean executive take overs. This Co interest is already very present on sponsorship and they are looking to Tlse as a flag bearer.

There are parallels in UK cue Saracens who are 'loss leading' for futures which may include South African increased presence into N Hemp Rugby and other well known others .. PRL and EPCR speaks for itself and their self interests

So all sorts of motivation.

Cardiff is a Capital City, their history is huge certainly one of the major historical brand names. There's potential there for an investor eg Lorenzetti example in real estate.

Wouldn't take much to make a Cardiff into a top Euro player ...irrespective of its current aura.
An opportunity to put the Irish clubs in their place ..?

Must try and second guess futures, that's all ... ;)

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:02 pm
Profile
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 17792
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
History is barely enough to keep museums in business.
Let's stop droning on about history and try to adjust to the present.

_________________
With all the will in the world,
Diving for dear life, when we could be diving for pearls.


Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:07 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 87189
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
Treforest Gump wrote:
I dont think this is purely a rugby decision by Williams. Apparently his Mrs is a model in London and moving to London they will be the new Gav and Charlotte. She is very attractive btw.


She lives in Monmouth her agency is in London

_________________
Sometimes we can disagree with the facts

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean


Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:17 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 8346
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
spinbreath wrote:
History is barely enough to keep museums in business.
Let's stop droning on about history and try to adjust to the present.


Exactly, as per my signature and last lines of above post ;)

Imo the future of Welsh Rugby is based on increased revenue and investment.

Regional and WRU status is not, imo, sufficient and as discussed sooooo many time a radical Regional replacement strategy is not feasible or affordable.

Meritocracy and increased WRU presence in Regional affairs / planning also ...

But the big buffers remain at the WRU Governance

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:15 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1330
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
Incidentally, I am watching the Saracens v Sale Sharks match now, and what is striking is how many empty seats there are compared to the Irish matches earlier this weekend (and keep in mind that these two teams are in the same country as well). All this is ironic, given how lots of people, including in this very forum, were saying things along the lines of "he is moving to a team with big and full crowds in a brilliant league" etc. etc.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 87189
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
najbritcol wrote:
Incidentally, I am watching the Saracens v Sale Sharks match now, and what is striking is how many empty seats there are compared to the Irish matches earlier this weekend (and keep in mind that these two teams are in the same country as well). All this is ironic, given how lots of people, including in this very forum, were saying things along the lines of "he is moving to a team with big and full crowds in a brilliant league" etc. etc.


you missed the bit about winning silverware but your posts do leave out the good bits to concentrate on the not so good bits

its almost as if.....

_________________
Sometimes we can disagree with the facts

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean


Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1330
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
Fids the Blindside wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Incidentally, I am watching the Saracens v Sale Sharks match now, and what is striking is how many empty seats there are compared to the Irish matches earlier this weekend (and keep in mind that these two teams are in the same country as well). All this is ironic, given how lots of people, including in this very forum, were saying things along the lines of "he is moving to a team with big and full crowds in a brilliant league" etc. etc.


you missed the bit about winning silverware but your posts do leave out the good bits to concentrate on the not so good bits

its almost as if.....


Too much negativity and lack of support for Welsh rugby here. (What is the point of having a Welsh rugby forum when the users don't seem to like Welsh rugby?) And given the form the Scarlets have been in recently, I certainly wouldn't rule them out of winning either the Pro 12 or the Anglo-Welsh Cup this year (in the latter, they massacred a relatively strong Priestland-led Bath side). In fact, in recent years the Scarlets have had a better record against the Irish sides than the Ospreys have had, which in the Pro 12 is crucial.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 87189
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
Having to support a Welsh side you have no affinity with is not mandatory, it was their choice to brand themelves as they have, their gamble. Sew it reap it.

When they play well its said, when they don't its not *fluffy* footed around, it called for what it is.

_________________
Sometimes we can disagree with the facts

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean


Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:45 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1330
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Having to support a Welsh side you have no affinity with is not mandatory, it was their choice to brand themelves as they have, their gamble. Sew it reap it.

When they play well its said, when they don't its not *fluffy* footed around, it called for what it is.


Compare and contrast Scarlets at the Allianz Park with Sale at the same location right now. Yes, the Scarlets lost, but they were certainly not totally out of the game in the way that Sale seem to be.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 17792
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
najbritcol wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Incidentally, I am watching the Saracens v Sale Sharks match now, and what is striking is how many empty seats there are compared to the Irish matches earlier this weekend (and keep in mind that these two teams are in the same country as well). All this is ironic, given how lots of people, including in this very forum, were saying things along the lines of "he is moving to a team with big and full crowds in a brilliant league" etc. etc.


you missed the bit about winning silverware but your posts do leave out the good bits to concentrate on the not so good bits

its almost as if.....


Too much negativity and lack of support for Welsh rugby here. (What is the point of having a Welsh rugby forum when the users don't seem to like Welsh rugby?) And given the form the Scarlets have been in recently, I certainly wouldn't rule them out of winning either the Pro 12 or the Anglo-Welsh Cup this year (in the latter, they massacred a relatively strong Priestland-led Bath side). In fact, in recent years the Scarlets have had a better record against the Irish sides than the Ospreys have had, which in the Pro 12 is crucial.

Welsh rugby doesn't begin and end with the regions. There are plenty of other teams to support.

_________________
With all the will in the world,
Diving for dear life, when we could be diving for pearls.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1330
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Incidentally, I am watching the Saracens v Sale Sharks match now, and what is striking is how many empty seats there are compared to the Irish matches earlier this weekend (and keep in mind that these two teams are in the same country as well). All this is ironic, given how lots of people, including in this very forum, were saying things along the lines of "he is moving to a team with big and full crowds in a brilliant league" etc. etc.


you missed the bit about winning silverware but your posts do leave out the good bits to concentrate on the not so good bits

its almost as if.....


Too much negativity and lack of support for Welsh rugby here. (What is the point of having a Welsh rugby forum when the users don't seem to like Welsh rugby?) And given the form the Scarlets have been in recently, I certainly wouldn't rule them out of winning either the Pro 12 or the Anglo-Welsh Cup this year (in the latter, they massacred a relatively strong Priestland-led Bath side). In fact, in recent years the Scarlets have had a better record against the Irish sides than the Ospreys have had, which in the Pro 12 is crucial.

Welsh rugby doesn't begin and end with the regions. There are plenty of other teams to support.


Very true but the point is that, once you take out the ludicrous basket case that is the Dragons, they are not that bad. I actually think that the Ospreys have a good chance of winning both the Challenge Cup and the Pro 12, or at least one of the two. Scarlets are also contenders for the Pro 12 based on current form, and maybe the Challenge Cup final could be Ospreys vs Blues?


Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 17792
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
Good for them. I don't care whether they win lose or draw, though. None of them are my team, and I'm under no obligation to give a fig about their performances.

_________________
With all the will in the world,
Diving for dear life, when we could be diving for pearls.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:33 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1330
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
spinbreath wrote:
Good for them. I don't care whether they win lose or draw, though. None of them are my team, and I'm under no obligation to give a fig about their performances.


But you're prepared to praise Irish or English teams when they do well.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 17792
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
Good for them. I don't care whether they win lose or draw, though. None of them are my team, and I'm under no obligation to give a fig about their performances.


But you're prepared to praise Irish or English teams when they do well.

Nope. My team play in the Premiership - so that's the league I follow. I don't keep up with the Aviva or Pro12.

_________________
With all the will in the world,
Diving for dear life, when we could be diving for pearls.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:45 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1330
Post Re: Liam Williams - Saracens
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
Good for them. I don't care whether they win lose or draw, though. None of them are my team, and I'm under no obligation to give a fig about their performances.


But you're prepared to praise Irish or English teams when they do well.

Nope. My team play in the Premiership - so that's the league I follow. I don't keep up with the Aviva or Pro12.


Which one?


Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: