It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:09 am

AWJ to retire ?? 
World XV Player

Post AWJ to retire ??
Reported here that AWJ may retire ... foot injury includes Achilles problem.
Likely to miss NZ tour ?

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:28 am
World XV Player

Post Re: AWJ to retire ??
Hope not... Hopefully a decent rest will sort him out

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:01 am
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

How old is he? Still got a good few years in him, one would hope.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:32 am
World XV Player

Gutted if that's true........ Wales have been OK for depth in second row, but will look greatly depleted with him gone. More worryingly, he is a huge presence, a go to guy, who gives other players confidence by his presence.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:53 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cant post article at mo .. probs

AWJ quote "I have a problem with left foot and an achilles prob with achilles tendon on the right foot. I think that it's due to wear and tear. I do not know where I am with it. I have only a small hope to return and play ..."

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:59 am
World XV Player

The article in french
also reported in Wales Online
mentioned that he rejected Toulon last autumn etc

ImprimerDiminuer tailleAugmenter taille
Pays de Galles

Toulouse

Alun-Wyn Jones vers la retraite
Le deuxième ligne international gallois des Ospreys, Alun-Wyn Jones (30 ans, 98 sélections) va-t-il mettre un terme à sa carrière dans les prochaines semaines ? Absent en raison d’une blessure à un pied, il n’avait pas pu terminer le Tournoi des 6 Nations et n’est toujours pas revenu à la compétition. Il ne devrait pas postuler à la tournée du pays de Galles au mois de juin en Nouvelle-Zélande. Sa carrière est aujourd’hui compromise a-t-il confié ce dimanche à WalesOnline : « J’ai un problème à la voûte plantaire du pied gauche et une tendinite au talon d’Achille au pied droit. C’est dû à l’usure, je pense. Je ne sais pas où j’en suis, physiquement parlant. Je n’ai qu’un mince espoir de rejouer un jour. » Le joueur des Ospreys, approché par Toulon à l’automne dernier, était pressenti pour être le capitaine des Lions Britanniques et Irlandais en 2017. Sa retraite anticipée constituerait un véritable coup de tonnerre pour la Principauté et Warren Gatland.

Lun-Wyn Jones to Retirement
The second line Welsh international Ospreys, Alun-Wyn Jones (30 years, 98 selections) va-t-it put an end to his career in the next few weeks? Absent due to an injury to a foot, he had not been able to complete the 6 Nations Tournament and is still not income to the competition. It should not apply to the tour of the country of Wales in the month of June in New Zealand. His career today is compromised a-t-he entrusted this Sunday in WalesOnline: "I have a problem to the plantar arch of the left foot and a tendinitis of the Achilles heel to the right foot. This is due to the wear, I think. I do not know where I am, physically speaking. I have a slender hope to replay a day. "The Player Ospreys, approached by Toulon in the autumn of last year, was approached to be the captain British and Irish Lions in 2017. His early retirement would constitute a real coup of thunder for the principality and Warren Gatland.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:19 am
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^

Wales online interview, gives a different flavour to the injury but still ominous?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... t-11230923

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:28 am
World XV Player

He has already been approached to captain the Lions?

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤¸ ...¸.¤¸ ...¸.¤\
\¸.¸ ...¸To avoid further embarrassment.,¤\
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤ Grow a backbone and honour your word.¸.¤\
..\ .¸¸ ...¸.¤¸ ...¸¤..(That means f*ck off) ...¸.¤...,¤...,¤\
☻/
/▌
/ \

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:47 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Hopefully a decent rest and summer off (seems pretty certain he won't go to NZ) will do the trick - at least I bloody well hope so!
At 30 he should have a good 3 - 4 years left in him as a tight 5 forward, all being well.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:02 pm
World XV Player

Would leave a huge hole in the Welsh side, not just as a lock, but as a senior player and de facto leader. It is his never-say-die attitude that drives on the troops....

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:24 pm
Site Admin

CarmarthenLad wrote:
Would leave a huge hole in the Welsh side, not just as a lock, but as a senior player and de facto leader. It is his never-say-die attitude that drives on the troops....
That's plagiarism.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Without knowing the personal details I'd suggest that both of the complaints he suffers are potentially, career-ending injuries! Curiously, I've never actually seen a man suffering Plantar Fasciitis, it's most often a woman's problem exacerbated by wearing high heel shoes, very difficult to 'cure' completely and dependent on the wear, often leads to long-term usage of orthotic aids. Surgery is used in some cases but recovery is up to a year. Similar kind of wear and tear problem with Achilles tendonitis on the foot, very painful and again, surgery may be the only option which is also long-term recovery.
Real shame for Alun Wyn, and clearly a consequence of (probably?) very little rest-periods without training/exercise. You have to ask, can a 30-something survive a year out of the game, with zero exercise involving the feet/legs? Not looking good for him is it?

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:00 pm
World XV Player

will be a massive blow if he is forced to go.

been a great servant for both club and country.

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:08 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Otto wrote:
Without knowing the personal details I'd suggest that both of the complaints he suffers are potentially, career-ending injuries! Curiously, I've never actually seen a man suffering Plantar Fasciitis, it's most often a woman's problem exacerbated by wearing high heel shoes, very difficult to 'cure' completely and dependent on the wear, often leads to long-term usage of orthotic aids. Surgery is used in some cases but recovery is up to a year. Similar kind of wear and tear problem with Achilles tendonitis on the foot, very painful and again, surgery may be the only option which is also long-term recovery.
Real shame for Alun Wyn, and clearly a consequence of (probably?) very little rest-periods without training/exercise. You have to ask, can a 30-something survive a year out of the game, with zero exercise involving the feet/legs? Not looking good for him is it?

Are you trying to suggest AWJ is a tranny?

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:09 pm
World XV Player

Otto wrote:

I've seen quite a few men suffer from that and have even had it myself. Absolute agony first thing in the morning and when you try and do some running. Only thing for it is a rest and it can improve.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail