It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 6:45 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 4516
Post Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
Can we not have a sticky to make posts about Wales players playing in England and France?
So we can get an idea how they are performing for their respective clubs.
Bristol, Bath and Gloucester in England come to mind and reports are readily available.
However, it becomes more difficult with players playing for French clubs.
It would be nice to have one thread where we can see at a glance on how they are performing, week by week.
Now that there is an agreement in place between the Regions and WRU next season this sort of thread my not be required as, hopefully, a lot of our stars will return.

<ADMIN NOTE> Made this sticky. :thumbright:


Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58134
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
Since most the starting XV plays outside Wales (all but 2 backs), and most of the fit forwards..seems a good idea.. :D

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:32 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 11374
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
Hooky starting at 10 for Gloucester this weekend - Hibbs gets a start too.


Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:53 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am
Posts: 3726
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
BigRed wrote:
Can we not have a sticky to make posts about Wales players playing in England and France?
So we can get an idea how they are performing for their respective clubs.
Bristol, Bath and Gloucester in England come to mind and reports are readily available.


Is the gap between Championship rugby and internationals too big for players plying their trade at that level? I can't really see any of the players at Bristol being first choice for Wales anyway, but is the step up from playing semi-pro outfits most weeks going to be to big?


Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:59 pm
Posts: 2880
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
I'd imagine it will be very challenging to maintain international and 6N standard fitness and intensity playing in England's 2nd tier league.. not great for any Welsh players at Bristol hoping for caps.

_________________
Leinster will never win this one, they are crap away from home.- JonnyJugLicker
Result - Northampton 7 - Leinster 40
Luck of the Irish for Leinster again.- JonnyJugLicker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZ_kbWCvTU


Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30763
Location: Somewhere nice
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
Leinsterblue wrote:
I'd imagine it will be very challenging to maintain international and 6N standard fitness and intensity playing in England's 2nd tier league.. not great for any Welsh players at Bristol hoping for caps.


Theres been plenty of stuff out there, if you go to England say ta ta to playing for Wales, better to go to France. As for the Championship prepping you for Int rugby, I very much doubt it!


Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:28 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 57599
Location: Sunny Resolven
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
Bristol are part of PRL so anyone at Bristol wouldn't be released anyhow

_________________
OSPREYS REGIONAL RUGBY - The One true region - SOUTH West is best Boys Butti Innit

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle


Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 42773
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
Chris ScumV wrote:
Bristol are part of PRL so anyone at Bristol wouldn't be released anyhow


Just looked at that, Chris.

From the "Bristol RFC's" thread :-

Quote:
Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin wrote:

PRL covers Aviva AND Championship.



Quote:
Geraint Powell wrote:

That's incorrect. The Championship clubs have their own organisation, First Division Rugby (chaired by Geoff Irvine of Bedford), and Geoff Cooke is their representative on the RFU's Professional Game Board. They also have their own TV deal, with SKY.



Quote:
Valley G

Post Re: Bristol RFC's
Correct though it is more complicated than that, Bristol are founding shareholders in PRL as they were in the premiership when PRL was formed therefore they get revenue each season from PRL even though they are in the championship.


Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:30 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 57599
Location: Sunny Resolven
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
Which is what I said, Bristol are part of PRL which is why they stopped the Anglo Welsh going ahead ;)

_________________
OSPREYS REGIONAL RUGBY - The One true region - SOUTH West is best Boys Butti Innit

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle


Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:46 pm
Posts: 7408
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
Chris ScumV wrote:
Which is what I said, Bristol are part of PRL which is why they stopped the Anglo Welsh going ahead ;)

They didn't stop an Anglo-Welsh happening, European deal stopped it.


Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:22 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 57599
Location: Sunny Resolven
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
Welsh Magician wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
Which is what I said, Bristol are part of PRL which is why they stopped the Anglo Welsh going ahead ;)

They didn't stop an Anglo-Welsh happening, European deal stopped it.



Sorry let me rephrase what I said as I don't want an argument :)

Which is Why Bristol served notice on PRL that they would go to court to prevent the welsh clubs joining the league. is that better? is that more acceptable? bristol digging their heels in was a contributing factor, no question about it. (in my mind) I really don't wish to play he said she said again it pisses me off no end. :)

_________________
OSPREYS REGIONAL RUGBY - The One true region - SOUTH West is best Boys Butti Innit

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle


Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 4516
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
BigRed wrote:
Can we not have a sticky to make posts about Wales players playing in England and France?
So we can get an idea how they are performing for their respective clubs.
Bristol, Bath and Gloucester in England come to mind and reports are readily available.
However, it becomes more difficult with players playing for French clubs.
It would be nice to have one thread where we can see at a glance on how they are performing, week by week.
Now that there is an agreement in place between the Regions and WRU next season this sort of thread my not be required as, hopefully, a lot of our stars will return.

<ADMIN NOTE> Made this sticky. :thumbright:

Thanks Admin, I think this thread will go down well with posters/fans :occasion5:
Already someone has posted that Hooky is starting at 10 for Gloucester on Saturday. :D


Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:11 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 9:10 am
Posts: 2168
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
1. Gethin - Rob Evs a dark horse here?
2. Ken O/ Hibs
3. Samson/Rhodri/Adam
4. Jake Ball
5. Alun Wyn
6. Dan L/Josh T/Tips
7. Warbs/ Tips
8. Faletau/Dan Baker/ Ryan
9. Gareth Davies/ Rhodri Davies/ Mike
10. Biggar/ Priestland/ PAtchell/ Anscombe
11. Cuthbert/ George/
12. Jamie/ Cory
13. Foxy
14. Cuthbert/ George/ Harry?
15. 1/2p \ Liam/ Patchell/ Anscombe

Lot of Welsh based players in that 15. The only nailed on starters from outside Wales are Foxy, Jamie, George and 1/2p IMO so this "most of the team playing outside Wales" is overdone and defeatist.

Let's be fair it's only those 4 I named above that are worth DCs to bring home


Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 4516
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
wasp wrote:
1. Gethin - Rob Evs a dark horse here?
2. Ken O/ Hibs
3. Samson/Rhodri/Adam
4. Jake Ball
5. Alun Wyn
6. Dan L/Josh T/Tips
7. Warbs/ Tips
8. Faletau/Dan Baker/ Ryan
9. Gareth Davies/ Rhodri Davies/ Mike
10. Biggar/ Priestland/ PAtchell/ Anscombe
11. Cuthbert/ George/
12. Jamie/ Cory
13. Foxy
14. Cuthbert/ George/ Harry?
15. 1/2p \ Liam/ Patchell/ Anscombe

Lot of Welsh based players in that 15. The only nailed on starters from outside Wales are Foxy, Jamie, George and 1/2p IMO so this "most of the team playing outside Wales" is overdone and defeatist.

Let's be fair it's only those 4 I named above that are worth DCs to bring home

I think there are a few players who may disagree with you. :D


Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 11374
Post Re: Keeping eyes on Wales players in England and France
BigRed wrote:
wasp wrote:
1. Gethin - Rob Evs a dark horse here?
2. Ken O/ Hibs
3. Samson/Rhodri/Adam
4. Jake Ball
5. Alun Wyn
6. Dan L/Josh T/Tips
7. Warbs/ Tips
8. Faletau/Dan Baker/ Ryan
9. Gareth Davies/ Rhodri Davies/ Mike
10. Biggar/ Priestland/ PAtchell/ Anscombe
11. Cuthbert/ George/
12. Jamie/ Cory
13. Foxy
14. Cuthbert/ George/ Harry?
15. 1/2p \ Liam/ Patchell/ Anscombe

Lot of Welsh based players in that 15. The only nailed on starters from outside Wales are Foxy, Jamie, George and 1/2p IMO so this "most of the team playing outside Wales" is overdone and defeatist.

Let's be fair it's only those 4 I named above that are worth DCs to bring home

I think there are a few players who may disagree with you. :D


I would bring home two, if not all 3, of the locks too.


Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:40 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron