It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 1:57 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Newport v Gwent - teams 
Author Message
REF
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:15 pm
Posts: 5871
Location: Yeah I know!
Post 
C'mon Guys we all know what spoiling tactics are. Constantly offside, always playing a deliberate knock-on tactic, slowing the game right down etc......

TO be fair tho' the Dragons didn't show anything until 60mins had passed and the select team just picked them off....

_________________
Don't forget you can follow and like the Friends of Newport Rugby Trust at:

Twitter & Facebook


Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:15 am
Profile E-mail WWW
International Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:58 pm
Posts: 1423
Location: Swansea
Post 
Joe 'Dragon' Crocker wrote:
C'mon Guys we all know what spoiling tactics are. Constantly offside, always playing a deliberate knock-on tactic, slowing the game right down etc......

TO be fair tho' the Dragons didn't show anything until 60mins had passed and the select team just picked them off....


All in all though Joe , IMO a brilliant idea by he whole region to play this match and the timing of it - gives the premiership players a stage to 'have a go' at their regional 'brothers' and put their hand up for a place with the region. Also being pre season, negates the "couldn't get up for it" excuse that this game would have generated on the pro players if played at a different part of the year - they should all be 'pulling at the reigns' to get on the park, as most players do afer a summer's break, grass on the pitch, nice summer evening, and most of all, trying to impress a new coach!


On another matter though Joe, that cap in your 'avater'. Looks suspiciously like the 'firefighter's strike' caps of a couple of years ago. NGD get a 'job lot' clearance on them???

_________________
C'mon The Whites!! Oh and blacks! Oh, s** it! Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Ospreys, Ospreys...


Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:42 am
Profile YIM
REF
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:15 pm
Posts: 5871
Location: Yeah I know!
Post 
huw.davies70 wrote:
On another matter though Joe, that cap in your 'avater'. Looks suspiciously like the 'firefighter's strike' caps of a couple of years ago. NGD get a 'job lot' clearance on them???


LOL! It's all happening again soon!!!

_________________
Don't forget you can follow and like the Friends of Newport Rugby Trust at:

Twitter & Facebook


Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:56 am
Profile E-mail WWW
REF
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:15 pm
Posts: 5871
Location: Yeah I know!
Post 
huw.davies70 wrote:

All in all though Joe , IMO a brilliant idea by he whole region to play this match and the timing of it - gives the premiership players a stage to 'have a go' at their regional 'brothers' and put their hand up for a place with the region. Also being pre season, negates the "couldn't get up for it" excuse that this game would have generated on the pro players if played at a different part of the year - they should all be 'pulling at the reigns' to get on the park, as most players do afer a summer's break, grass on the pitch, nice summer evening, and most of all, trying to impress a new coach!



A good idea and one I hope will continue. Some of the select team were exceptional, especially the skipper - Veater.

The Dragons honestly didn't seem up for it which is a shame but i've been told that Chris Anderson told them 10 mins before the game that they would be 'out on the dunes' at 8am this morning doing more fitness training - the guys weren't happy - especially after 3 training sessions on Friday instead of the usual 2!!! I suppose this is professionalism for you tho' and a good shake up may be needed!!!

_________________
Don't forget you can follow and like the Friends of Newport Rugby Trust at:

Twitter & Facebook


Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:59 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:01 pm
Posts: 4408
Post 
Joe 'Dragon' Crocker wrote:
[
The Dragons honestly didn't seem up for it which is a shame but i've been told that Chris Anderson told them 10 mins before the game that they would be 'out on the dunes' at 8am this morning doing more fitness training - the guys weren't happy - especially after 3 training sessions on Friday instead of the usual 2!!! I suppose this is professionalism for you tho' and a good shake up may be needed!!!


In my humble, limited experience I have often seen coaches use additional training/fitness sessions in order to disguise their uncertainty of what to do next ! :roll: :? :twisted:


Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:06 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:45 pm
Posts: 6332
Location: The Homeland finally!!!
Post 
gwynt wrote:
Joe 'Dragon' Crocker wrote:
[
The Dragons honestly didn't seem up for it which is a shame but i've been told that Chris Anderson told them 10 mins before the game that they would be 'out on the dunes' at 8am this morning doing more fitness training - the guys weren't happy - especially after 3 training sessions on Friday instead of the usual 2!!! I suppose this is professionalism for you tho' and a good shake up may be needed!!!


In my humble, limited experience I have often seen coaches use additional training/fitness sessions in order to disguise their uncertainty of what to do next ! :roll: :? :twisted:


Soundslike a lot of managers I know as well....

_________________
Bloody Gambling
http://www.gaming-index.com
http://www.mabontland.net


Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:21 pm
Posts: 48314
Location: Mynydd Maen
Post 
Anybody would think he was a rugby league coach or summat..... :lol:


Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:21 pm
Profile
REF
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:38 am
Posts: 20578
Location: South Wales
Post 
Steve Trow wrote:
I thought it was Newport Gwent Dragons not Newport RFC playing the Select XV from the Gwent region?


I didn't want to write Gwent v Gwent though, would have sounded stupid... point taken though Steve, a slip of the keyboard - so to speak.

_________________
Is learning Welsh for free with Say something in Welsh.com

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.


Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:39 am
Profile
REF
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:38 am
Posts: 20578
Location: South Wales
Post 
Joe 'Dragon' Crocker wrote:
The Dragons honestly didn't seem up for it which is a shame but i've been told that Chris Anderson told them 10 mins before the game that they would be 'out on the dunes' at 8am this morning doing more fitness training - the guys weren't happy - especially after 3 training sessions on Friday instead of the usual 2!!! I suppose this is professionalism for you tho' and a good shake up may be needed!!!


Could be that the coach spoiled the game then?

_________________
Is learning Welsh for free with Say something in Welsh.com

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.


Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:42 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: