It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 1:57 pm

Newport v Gwent - teams 
REF

C'mon Guys we all know what spoiling tactics are. Constantly offside, always playing a deliberate knock-on tactic, slowing the game right down etc......

TO be fair tho' the Dragons didn't show anything until 60mins had passed and the select team just picked them off....

Twitter & Facebook

Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:15 am
Profile E-mail WWW
International Player

C'mon Guys we all know what spoiling tactics are. Constantly offside, always playing a deliberate knock-on tactic, slowing the game right down etc......

TO be fair tho' the Dragons didn't show anything until 60mins had passed and the select team just picked them off....

All in all though Joe , IMO a brilliant idea by he whole region to play this match and the timing of it - gives the premiership players a stage to 'have a go' at their regional 'brothers' and put their hand up for a place with the region. Also being pre season, negates the "couldn't get up for it" excuse that this game would have generated on the pro players if played at a different part of the year - they should all be 'pulling at the reigns' to get on the park, as most players do afer a summer's break, grass on the pitch, nice summer evening, and most of all, trying to impress a new coach!

On another matter though Joe, that cap in your 'avater'. Looks suspiciously like the 'firefighter's strike' caps of a couple of years ago. NGD get a 'job lot' clearance on them???

Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:42 am
Profile YIM
REF

On another matter though Joe, that cap in your 'avater'. Looks suspiciously like the 'firefighter's strike' caps of a couple of years ago. NGD get a 'job lot' clearance on them???

LOL! It's all happening again soon!!!

Twitter & Facebook

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:56 am
Profile E-mail WWW
REF

All in all though Joe , IMO a brilliant idea by he whole region to play this match and the timing of it - gives the premiership players a stage to 'have a go' at their regional 'brothers' and put their hand up for a place with the region. Also being pre season, negates the "couldn't get up for it" excuse that this game would have generated on the pro players if played at a different part of the year - they should all be 'pulling at the reigns' to get on the park, as most players do afer a summer's break, grass on the pitch, nice summer evening, and most of all, trying to impress a new coach!

A good idea and one I hope will continue. Some of the select team were exceptional, especially the skipper - Veater.

The Dragons honestly didn't seem up for it which is a shame but i've been told that Chris Anderson told them 10 mins before the game that they would be 'out on the dunes' at 8am this morning doing more fitness training - the guys weren't happy - especially after 3 training sessions on Friday instead of the usual 2!!! I suppose this is professionalism for you tho' and a good shake up may be needed!!!

Twitter & Facebook

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:59 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

[
The Dragons honestly didn't seem up for it which is a shame but i've been told that Chris Anderson told them 10 mins before the game that they would be 'out on the dunes' at 8am this morning doing more fitness training - the guys weren't happy - especially after 3 training sessions on Friday instead of the usual 2!!! I suppose this is professionalism for you tho' and a good shake up may be needed!!!

In my humble, limited experience I have often seen coaches use additional training/fitness sessions in order to disguise their uncertainty of what to do next ! :roll: :? :twisted:

Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:06 pm
World XV Player

Joe 'Dragon' Crocker wrote:
[

In my humble, limited experience I have often seen coaches use additional training/fitness sessions in order to disguise their uncertainty of what to do next ! :roll: :? :twisted:

Soundslike a lot of managers I know as well....

Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW
Site Admin

Anybody would think he was a rugby league coach or summat..... :lol:

Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:21 pm
REF

I thought it was Newport Gwent Dragons not Newport RFC playing the Select XV from the Gwent region?

I didn't want to write Gwent v Gwent though, would have sounded stupid... point taken though Steve, a slip of the keyboard - so to speak.

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:39 am
REF

Could be that the coach spoiled the game then?

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:42 am