It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 10:45 pm

Toulouse 28 Ospreys 14 
World XV Player

Yes, I think swansea did quite well to have stayed in touch for so long but were Toulouse really trying that hard in a friendly, they did happen to win. But the british are so good in turning a defeat into a victory of sorts.

Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:57 am
International Player

Yes, I think swansea did quite well to have stayed in touch for so long but were Toulouse really trying that hard in a friendly, they did happen to win. But the british are so good in turning a defeat into a victory of sorts.

Bore da Dai, couple of issues. Best clear up the "Swansea did quite well" statement, and change to 'The O's did quite well', before you start a mass WAR in South Wales!
Secondly, the "...were Toulouse trying that hard..." question. Yes, IMO they were! If not why the big 'fall out' and complaints re The O's "dirty tactics, not naming a team" etc...? In my experience, these types of 'complaints' although may be true in most instances (and possibly this one), is also a side effect of a team who have had a bit of a surprise regarding how hard the 'contest' was. The closeness of the match being viewed as a previously unseen 'obstacle'!
And thirdly, yes I agree we accept defeat too easily in Wales (Britain). But, in fairness to The O's, they are three weeks away from the start of the season, it is their first competitive 'match' as a unit ever (considering the personnel changes), they are in the middle of a gruelling training camp which is not the ideal way to prepare for a game (if this was a full on competitive match - a la CL, HC, etc), they are without their senior international players (rested quite rightly by Lyn Jones), and the match is an away match in the middle of France somewhere. So, all in all well done boys, things are looking good.

Regards

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:29 am
Profile YIM
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:

Bore da Dai, couple of issues. Best clear up the "Swansea did quite well" statement, and change to 'The O's did quite well', before you start a mass WAR in South Wales!
Secondly, the "...were Toulouse trying that hard..." question. Yes, IMO they were. If not why the big 'fall out' re The O's "dirty tactics, not naming a team" etc, complaints? In my experience, these types of 'complaints' although may be true in most instances (and possibly this one), is also a side effect of a team who have had a bit of a surprise regarding how hard the 'contest' was. The closeness of the match being viewed as a previously unseen obstacle!

Not my intention to start to start a war Huw, but untill I am proven wrong they will be Swansea,I cant comment on the closeness of the game but Toulouse beat them buy twice the points, or have I missed something??

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:39 am
World XV Player

huw.davies70 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:

Secondly, the "...were Toulouse trying that hard..." question. Yes, IMO they were. If not why the big 'fall out' re The O's "dirty tactics, not naming a team" etc, complaints? In my experience, these types of 'complaints' although may be true in most instances (and possibly this one), is also a side effect of a team who have had a bit of a surprise regarding how hard the 'contest' was. The closeness of the match being viewed as a previously unseen obstacle!

Not my intention to start to start a war Huw, but untill I am proven wrong they will be Swansea,I cant comment on the closeness of the game but Toulouse beat them buy twice the points, or have I missed something??

How about being proven right first?

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:42 am
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW
World XV Player

[ Secondly, the "...were Toulouse trying that hard..." question. Yes, IMO they were! If not why the big 'fall out' and complaints re The O's "dirty tactics, not naming a team" etc...? In my experience, these types of 'complaints' although may be true in most instances (and possibly this one), is also a side effect of a team who have had a bit of a surprise regarding how hard the 'contest' was. The closeness of the match being viewed as a previously unseen 'obstacle'!
Regards

Huw,

Don't want to prolong this dialogue but...

1. Two Tlse players were injured during the match (one a key player out for at least a month )... I'm not suggesting it was due to 'irregular' behaviour but apparently the spirit of the game was not one condusive to a 'friendly' fixture.

2. I don't think Tlse put any undue onus on this match other than preparation.

Before anyone accuses me of bias I'm in the process of formalising my membership of the Ospreys - if their site can bring themselves into the modern era !! and I support Agen in France who are deadly rivals of Toulouse.

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:47 am
International Player

Point taken Terry but why in your opinion why would The O's want to 'take a player out' in a non important preparation game for both sides? Can't see the point myself. If The O's did take Michalak out deliberately/recklessly some serious questions would have to be asked of who made that decision, be it the 'offending' player/captain/coach!!!

Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:00 pm
Profile YIM
World XV Player

Point taken Terry but why in your opinion why would The O's want to 'take a player out' in a non important preparation game for both sides? Can't see the point myself. If The O's did take Michalak out deliberately/recklessly some serious questions would have to be asked of who made that decision, be it the 'offending' player/captain/coach!!!

Huw, read my point about Michalak injury again and you will see that I did not imply irregular behaviour - I used the point only to describe the apparent unfriendly flavour of the encounter.

lets move on eh ?

Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:03 pm
International Player

huw.davies70 wrote:

Huw, read my point about Michalak injury again and you will see that I did not imply irregular behaviour - I used the point only to describe the apparent unfriendly flavour of the encounter.

lets move on eh ?

Ok, obviously crossed wires somewhere!

Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:10 am
Profile YIM