It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Toulouse 28 Ospreys 14 
Club Player

Post Toulouse 28 Ospreys 14
don't know any more but the result is on their web-site.

Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:36 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Toulouse 28 Ospreys 14
B-Y-M Boy wrote:
don't know any more but the result is on their web-site.

I looked at Toulouse and Osprey websites and couldn't find it !?

Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:45 pm
Site Admin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 560564.stm

God Bless the BBC!

Quote:
Ospreys assistant coach Shaun Holley was pleased with his side's display.

"It was great to see 33 players take the field for the Ospreys as it gave us the opportunity to blood youngsters and to try out some new signings and combinations," he told BBC Sport Wales.

"Toulouse fielded a full-strength side, which is quite a compliment to us.

"We are pleased to report a clean bill of health, with only a small bump to Dave Tiueti's shoulder, and we are looking forward to the upcoming season having come through our first test with flying colours."

Spinning twat..
:lol:

Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:17 pm
REF

I love the way they make positives despite only scoring half as many points as the winners... only in Wales!:roll:

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:38 am
Club Player

I love the way they make positives despite only scoring half as many points as the winners... only in Wales!:roll:

i think they are taking positives because the Ospreys used 33 squad members but none of their current internationals against a full strength Toulouse side. not a bad result when you consider the French league will start on wednesday and this was the O's first game.

Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:25 am
World XV Player

Jason Clee wrote:

i think they are taking positives because the Ospreys used 33 squad members but none of their current internationals against a full strength Toulouse side. not a bad result when you consider the French league will start on wednesday and this was the O's first game.

Agreed, these pre season games are more about achiving the aim than just winning, of course winning is nice but if your trying out something new its best to do so in a gsme where there is nothing stake.

I know what you mean though Jase.

Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:39 am
International Player

Jason Clee wrote:

i think they are taking positives because the Ospreys used 33 squad members but none of their current internationals against a full strength Toulouse side.

I do not mean to question the mathematics invloved here, but The O's used 33 players during this game, but none of their current internationals. Well how many bl88dy players have we got?

Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:02 am
Profile YIM
REF

Jason Clee wrote:

But surely Toulouse were also trying new things and used a good portion of their squad... ?

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:11 am
World XV Player

B-Y-M Boy wrote:
Jason Clee wrote:

i think they are taking positives because the Ospreys used 33 squad members but none of their current internationals against a full strength Toulouse side.

I do not mean to question the mathematics invloved here, but The O's used 33 players during this game, but none of their current internationals. Well how many bl88dy players have we got?

On the Ospreys website they have 33 players shown including Scott Gibbs, so this is obviously not up to date! 33 without Internationals is a lot by anyones standards

Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:14 am
Club Player

Lol Huw. the web-site shows 37 but James Storey is on there and Scott Gibbs as captain and no Jason Spice so it needs some serious updating.

Are you going to the Bath game next week at St Helens? Both teams seem eager to field strong line-ups so it should be good.

Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:16 am
World XV Player

Quite a big blow to Tlse - Michalak injured and out for at least a month. french press critical of Ospreys .... quote (rough translation ) "... Swansea/Neath have only been formed 2 years and it shows in their unprofessional conduct on the field and their management. Their indiscipline and lack of awareness of basics.... were matched by the fact that they didn't even anounce their team.... probably so that the indiscipline of some players could not be recognised..."

Pls note this is a rough precis of the opening paragraph of the report.....

Apparentltly it was quite a rough match (?) pretty level up until the second half where Tlse sub back row scored 2 tries...

:kermit:

Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:25 am
International Player

huw.davies70 wrote:

Lol Huw. the web-site shows 37 but James Storey is on there and Scott Gibbs as captain and no Jason Spice so it needs some serious updating.

Are you going to the Bath game next week at St Helens? Both teams seem eager to field strong line-ups so it should be good.

Hi B-Y-M, yes am definately up for that. Any news on kick offs, prices, etc?

Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:25 am
Profile YIM
Club Player

Hi B-Y-M, yes am definately up for that. Any news on kick offs, prices, etc?[/quote]

K.O. is 19:30. don't know the prices yet but i have just e-mailed them so i will post the answer when i know.

Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:38 am
International Player

[quote="huw.davies70]
Hi B-Y-M, yes am definately up for that. Any news on kick offs, prices, etc?

K.O. is 19:30. don't know the prices yet but i have just e-mailed them so i will post the answer when i know.[/quote]

Cheers B-Y-M !

Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:42 am
Profile YIM
International Player

Quite a big blow to Tlse - Michalak injured and out for at least a month. french press critical of Ospreys .... quote (rough translation ) "... Swansea/Neath have only been formed 2 years and it shows in their unprofessional conduct on the field and their management. Their indiscipline and lack of awareness of basics.... were matched by the fact that they didn't even anounce their team.... probably so that the indiscipline of some players could not be recognised..."

Pls note this is a rough precis of the opening paragraph of the report.....

Apparentltly it was quite a rough match (?) pretty level up until the second half where Tlse sub back row scored 2 tries...

:kermit:

Or translated another way: "The French didn't get the easy ride they were expecting!" which augers well for The O's and Welsh regionsl rugby!!

Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:44 am
Profile YIM