It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Zurich better than Celtic? 
World XV Player

Frankly I don't give a toss what Charvis said, I want the Welsh regions to play against opposition that will improve the Welsh rugby cause, with/without the irish or anybody else for that matter. The Irish are looking after their own interests and so should we !?

I agree, its not our place to start saying the Irish should sort themselves out.

They ahve put their own interests first, perhaps we should start doing that instead of bemoaning the fact that the Irish dont see things our way

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:58 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
International Player

"How do your gaurantee this when the regions are in full flow, and the Irish still dotn want to risk their best players outside of 6N or HC, how does it make a difference. We need the Irish not the other way around, and it shows."

Wait and see. I give it 2 years max!!!

"I didnt mention anything about Charvis' playing abilities, I called him a *preggars fish*. If you can be arsed you could go back through the messages on ScrumV and see that I did actually praise his performances during the 6N, doesnt mean I like him or think hes anything more than a waster."

If you don't think he's anything more than a waster, then I take it you don't rate him!!

Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:52 pm
Profile YIM
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
"How do your gaurantee this when the regions are in full flow, and the Irish still dotn want to risk their best players outside of 6N or HC, how does it make a difference. We need the Irish not the other way around, and it shows."

"I didnt mention anything about Charvis' playing abilities, I called him a *preggars fish*. If you can be arsed you could go back through the messages on ScrumV and see that I did actually praise his performances during the 6N, doesnt mean I like him or think hes anything more than a waster."

If you don't think he's anything more than a waster, then I take it you don't rate him!!

So much talent, so little desire.

Charvis had so much ability when he was younger that he should have been mentioned in the same breath as any of the great flankers, but combined with a piss poor attitude and a lack of commitment our best back row player is only playing to about 60% of what he was capable of if hed tried.

His consistency is poor,, and now hes got his nce contract and future settled I think, and Id very much like to be proved wrong, hell be pish for Wales this season.

Thus hes a waster.

Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:

Despite my negativity I very much hope your right, the alternatives arent very good.

Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
International Player

So much talent, so little desire.

Charvis had so much ability when he was younger that he should have been mentioned in the same breath as any of the great flankers, but combined with a piss poor attitude and a lack of commitment our best back row player is only playing to about 60% of what he was capable of if hed tried.

His consistency is poor,, and now hes got his nce contract and future settled I think, and Id very much like to be proved wrong, hell be pish for Wales this season.

Thus hes a waster.[/quote]

CJ, you stated earlier that you thought Charvis had a good 6N last season and yet you now state that you think he'll have a poor season this year for Wales . Why? Based on what?

"...His consistency is poor,, and now hes got his nce contract and future settled I think, and Id very much like to be proved wrong, hell be pish for Wales this season."

Thus hes a waster

So tell me what do you base your evidence on that his future performances will not be as good as this season.

So let me get this right, he's had a good season this year even though, as you state..."His consistency is poor..." But how can this be when he was outstanding in the RWC, 6N and summer tour?? (As proved during the summer tour, when Charvis is off the pitch, Wales fall apart!)

IMO CJ, you have jumped on the anti Charvis bandwagon - a la most hated man in Wales after Osalam Bin Laden - You cannot question his performance, as you said yourself he has had a good 6N and summer tour and have nothing to base your opinion re his future performance this year on.

And personally if I had performed like CC this season, won as many caps as him, won the honours at club level that he has won (with Swansea), captained my country through a RWC, 6N and summer tour, as well as touring with the British Lions, I'd be a bit disappointed if I were told I was a let down!!

Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:45 am
Profile YIM
REF

Charvis has blown hot and cold in the past, but currently his attitude to training and playing is top notch (and players reckon he is also a good captain, although not vocal enough for me to select him). I would always be concerned that if he started playing in the "comfort zone" of Wales again he may well fall out of this committed routine (he has to play well to keep his Wales place at the moment). And since he allegedly demands high wages this would be in my mind as a team principle. I would also worry about the crowd factor as he still isn't particularly popular with Welsh fans and so doesn't justify high wages by pulling in extra crowd.

My mind always goes back to the Lions tour 2001, where rumour has it, they were wanting a back row to be lifted in the line out. They asked Colin if he would be lifted and he said "I don't do lineouts". This attitude saw Martin Cory drafted (probably jet lagged) off the plane straight into the side and Colin playing off the bench for the tour... a shame really that came down to a lack of effort. Apparently a similar attitude to training also saw Tom Smith picked ahead of Darren Morris (who was the better prop), who apparently came back from the tour (and subsequent holiday in Thailand) 3 stone heavier than when he left.

I guess you could say fair play to Colin for bouncing back to the top level in a way Darren failed to do, but it always leaves a question mark over his committment, no matter how well he's playing at the moment.

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:20 am
World XV Player

Interesting to see how everyone is pessimistic about the Celtic League when it has only been going for one season in its new format, stating the lack of interest from the Irish and the weak Scottish sides. People seem to have missed the fact that in last seasons Heineken cup games played between Zurich Premiership and Celtic League teams more games were won by the Celtic League teams.

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:46 am
Profile WWW
International Player

Interesting to see how everyone is pessimistic about the Celtic League when it has only been going for one season in its new format, stating the lack of interest from the Irish and the weak Scottish sides. People seem to have missed the fact that in last seasons Heineken cup games played between Zurich Premiership and Celtic League teams more games were won by the Celtic League teams.

Excellent point!

No 'excuses' here then re 'not taking game seriously', as we all know the seriousness of the HC!!

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:54 am
Profile YIM
World XV Player

I aint jumping on no anti charvis bandwagon, Iam pulling the *fupping* wagon. (as many who can remember my old rants about him will tell you!)

I base my assumptions on his future performance on my observations of his values and mindset and actions.

His off pitch attitude is geared towards money and now he has a settled future in the form of Newcastle I believe hell leave his commetment to Wales on the backburner.

I believe his performances of recent times have been driven by the fact he has no settled future and needed to put his ability in the shop window to secure contracts, now he has one, I think hell revert to old.

Ill happily admit I was wrong, but I doulbt I will

Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:40 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Still won by a ZP team though

Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
REF

I aint jumping on no anti charvis bandwagon, Iam pulling the *kissying* wagon. (as many who can remember my old rants about him will tell you!)

LOL don't mince your words CJ :lol:

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:51 am