It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 8:22 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Zurich better than Celtic? 
Author Message
International Player

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 3:11 pm
Posts: 828
Location: Cardiff
Post Zurich better than Celtic?
So exactly how does Charvis know this? He hasn't actually played in either competition yet (well, not the new improved version of the Celtic League).
Not a wise statement to make in my opinion but then what else do you expect from Underhill... sorry, i mean Charvis?

_________________
Web site design | Digital Magazines | Email Marketing


Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:28 am
Profile WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 9089
Location: Plymouth/Gabon
Post 
Even as a spectator it is easy to see the ZP is better than the CL. Mainly due to the fact that all teams put 100% into, either avoiding relagation or going for Europe. The CL does not have relagation and the Irish do not need it for Europe.

_________________
Every day when I wake up I thank the Lord I am WELSH
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>


Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:39 am
Profile E-mail
REF
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:01 pm
Posts: 8322
Location: here...
Post 
Did Rob Howley say anything on this subject?

_________________
"And so castles made of sand fall in the sea, eventually"


Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:20 am
Profile
International Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:58 pm
Posts: 1423
Location: Swansea
Post Re: Zurich better than Celtic?
Walestogether wrote:
So exactly how does Charvis know this? He hasn't actually played in either competition yet (well, not the new improved version of the Celtic League).
Not a wise statement to make in my opinion but then what else do you expect from Underhill... sorry, i mean Charvis?


To be fair, at the moment I'd say he is right. I feel it is up to the Irish to sort themselves out in relation to the CL and then potentially we have a better league than the ZP. Another bonus is that the amount of Lions qualified players will be far greater in the CL, this keeping finances within British rugby!

_________________
C'mon The Whites!! Oh and blacks! Oh, s** it! Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Ospreys, Ospreys...


Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:35 am
Profile YIM
REF
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:38 am
Posts: 20578
Location: South Wales
Post 
Not all the games in the Zp are that great, remember there is different intensity levels in both the ZP & the CL. I reckon the ZP has the edge, but not by very much.

CC & JW were just spouting the usual BS to keep the press & sponsors happy, and as it's an off season it all got printed even though they didn't say anything that interesting.

_________________
Is learning Welsh for free with Say something in Welsh.com

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.


Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:39 am
Profile
Schools District Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 70
Location: The Ding (Reading)
Post 
Having witnessed London Irish a couple of times over the last few years (and their oppo being Harlequins, Bath and Bristol) and though they were doing a bit of a great one season and shyte the next, I wouldn't say the arse end of the ZP is all that good at all to be honest...

_________________
Running away just wears your shoes out.


Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:57 am
Profile WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:28 pm
Posts: 10986
Location: Plymouth
Post 
I would say the CL is eons behind, when one of the tema in with a decent shout for the HC gets *fupping* whooped by a piss poor excuse for a rugbyt eam at times last season (yes Iam talking about the Blues and Munster was it, I cant remember Iam still fuming) thers no competition in which league is better.

The arse end of teh CL is poor, the Scottish teams are shocking, the Irish couldnt give a shit, so basically its gonna be a Welsh winner this season fo the CL, anything else would be a disaster.

And I dont think its up to the Irish to sort themselves out, they have a system that suits them, were the ones that need them not the other way around it would seem.

As it stands the Celtic League is doomed, little competition and no sponsor, and were having a discussion about which league is better, come on people seriously.

_________________
Just for one moment I thought I'd found my way, then destiny unfolded, and I watched it slip away


Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:28 pm
Posts: 10986
Location: Plymouth
Post 
By the way this does not mean I endorse or agree with anything that comes out of Charvis' mouth or am softening towards him in any way shape or form, hes still a twat and I dont believe he had any other reason for saying this other than to have a go at Welsh rugby, it just so happens that he may ultimately be right.

Just thought Id let everybody know that in case you all thought I was now one of these new fangled Charvis liker type people.

_________________
Just for one moment I thought I'd found my way, then destiny unfolded, and I watched it slip away


Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:24 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
International Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:58 pm
Posts: 1423
Location: Swansea
Post 
[quote="CymraegJanner"]
And I dont think its up to the Irish to sort themselves out, they have a system that suits them, were the ones that need them not the other way around it would seem.
quote]

Not so sure I agree with you here CJ, at the moment due to our poor domestic and national performances over the past 5 or so years, the Irish do not seem too interested in valueing Welsh opposition. However, I guarantee this will change when the regions are in full flow. Believe me the Irish will come begging with bowl in hand!

Also...

..."By the way this does not mean I endorse or agree with anything that comes out of Charvis' mouth or am softening towards him in any way shape or form, hes still a *preggars fish*..."

Re your statement about Charvis (above), I would recommend rewatching last years 6N and summer tour while ignoring any off field activity involving CC. I will state here IMO (obviously), that CC was way above any other back row forward representing Wales in all these games!!!

_________________
C'mon The Whites!! Oh and blacks! Oh, s** it! Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Ospreys, Ospreys...


Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:02 pm
Profile YIM
International Player

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 3:11 pm
Posts: 828
Location: Cardiff
Post 
CymraegJanner wrote:
As it stands the Celtic League is doomed, little competition and no sponsor, and were having a discussion about which league is better, come on people seriously.


The thread was about how Charvis can say which is better, having not played in either, but that's besides the point. How you can say there's no competition in the Celtic league, I don't know!

Last year we saw some fantastic games between highly competitive teams. Ok, granted the scots where useless (even though Edinburgh did get through to the qrtrs of the HC) but the games between the Irish and Welsh and the local derby games were, for the most part, highly entertaining.

And this year it's going to get much better. All our sides are stronger, the Irish will be as usual and Edinburgh have seriously beefed up their squad this summer.

It won't take long before there is a sponsor either, especially if the IRish sort themselves out as far as european qualification is concerned.

_________________
Web site design | Digital Magazines | Email Marketing


Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Regional Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:43 pm
Posts: 461
Location: Carmarthen/Penarth
Post 
Quote:
Edinburgh have seriously beefed up their squad this summer


Do you know who Edinburgh have signed?


Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:28 pm
Posts: 10986
Location: Plymouth
Post 
huw.davies70 wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
And I dont think its up to the Irish to sort themselves out, they have a system that suits them, were the ones that need them not the other way around it would seem.
quote]

Not so sure I agree with you here CJ, at the moment due to our poor domestic and national performances over the past 5 or so years, the Irish do not seem too interested in valueing Welsh opposition. However, I guarantee this will change when the regions are in full flow. Believe me the Irish will come begging with bowl in hand!

Also...

..."By the way this does not mean I endorse or agree with anything that comes out of Charvis' mouth or am softening towards him in any way shape or form, hes still a *preggars fish*..."

Re your statement about Charvis (above), I would recommend rewatching last years 6N and summer tour while ignoring any off field activity involving CC. I will state here IMO (obviously), that CC was way above any other back row forward representing Wales in all these games!!!


NHow do your gaurantee this when the regions are in full flow, and the Irish still dotn want to risk their best players outside of 6N or HC, how does it make a difference. We need the Irish not the other way around, and it shows.

I didnt mention anything about Charvis' playing abilities, I called him a twat. If you can be arsed you could go back through the messages on ScrumV and see that I did actually praise his performances during the 6N, doesnt mean I like him or think hes anything more than a waster.

_________________
Just for one moment I thought I'd found my way, then destiny unfolded, and I watched it slip away


Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:01 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:28 pm
Posts: 10986
Location: Plymouth
Post 
Walestogether wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
As it stands the Celtic League is doomed, little competition and no sponsor, and were having a discussion about which league is better, come on people seriously.


The thread was about how Charvis can say which is better, having not played in either, but that's besides the point. How you can say there's no competition in the Celtic league, I don't know!

Last year we saw some fantastic games between highly competitive teams. Ok, granted the scots where useless (even though Edinburgh did get through to the qrtrs of the HC) but the games between the Irish and Welsh and the local derby games were, for the most part, highly entertaining.

And this year it's going to get much better. All our sides are stronger, the Irish will be as usual and Edinburgh have seriously beefed up their squad this summer.

It won't take long before there is a sponsor either, especially if the IRish sort themselves out as far as european qualification is concerned.


If this thread was about what Charvis said why wasnt it called "how the hell does Chravis know" not "Zurich better than Celtic", but then that is beside the point, good god everybody who has written on this thread about which league is better yiou have been talking about the wrong subject, but then I digress, thats beside teh point.......

Ho can I say theres no competition in the Celtic league, umm, the Irish not being arsed with it, thats 4 teams who arent competitive, thats over a third of the competition, and the Scots being shit, Welsh teams taking up 5 of the top 6 places, despite being rather average. Thats how I can say its not competetive. Its not difficult ask anybody without a brain why it doesnt have a sponsor and they will tell you cos its a bloody joke as far as competitions go.

_________________
Just for one moment I thought I'd found my way, then destiny unfolded, and I watched it slip away


Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:01 pm
Posts: 4408
Post 
Frankly I don't give a toss what Charvis said, I want the Welsh regions to play against opposition that will improve the Welsh rugby cause, with/without the irish or anybody else for that matter. The Irish are looking after their own interests and so should we !?


Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:21 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 3:11 pm
Posts: 828
Location: Cardiff
Post 
CymraegJanner wrote:
Ho can I say theres no competition in the Celtic league, umm, the Irish not being arsed with it, thats 4 teams who arent competitive, thats over a third of the competition, and the Scots being shit, Welsh teams taking up 5 of the top 6 places, despite being rather average. Thats how I can say its not competetive. Its not difficult ask anybody without a brain why it doesnt have a sponsor and they will tell you cos its a bloody joke as far as competitions go.


Granted, the Irish had big problems last season as two of their sides contain most of their International players, so the final positions of the teams in the league were more a reflection of how many international players were missing due to world cup and 6 nations committments so you can't really draw a conclusion on how competitive the games were from that.

That won't be so much of a problem this season because there's no world cup and they're stopping the Celtic League during the 6 Nations so this season will be a whole new ball game.

Don't be so negative CJ, whats wrong with having a debate over which league is better (even if that wasn't my initial intention)?

_________________
Web site design | Digital Magazines | Email Marketing


Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: