It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 4:21 am

Crazy Blues 
Site Admin

Post Crazy Blues
Kort Schubert, the captain of the USA Eagles? team, will today join the Cardiff Blues squad in preparation for the new season. The 25-year-old back rower flies into Heathrow Airport and will then link up with director of coaching David Young and the players who are currently in a training camp in the Midlands.

Shouldn't be allowed to happen, in my opinion. Why did they not sign Cory Harris from the Warriors if they wanted back row cover. Another kick in the teeth for young Welsh players

Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:33 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

I have to say I don't get the Blues set up. Surely there is someone out in their catchment area that could fit the bill? Another import another place lost to Welsh youth.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:36 pm
REF

Twitter & Facebook

Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:39 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

I want to see his WORK PERMIT!!!!

He's an International Joe, so there should not be a problem with that and he's the USA captain but I just feel it's madness when there is plenty of unplaced Welsh talent out there just begging for a chance

Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:44 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

I have to say I don't get the Blues set up. Surely there is someone out in their catchment area that could fit the bill? Another import another place lost to Welsh youth.

My sentiments exactly Keith!!!

Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:44 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Regional Player

Joe 'Dragon' Crocker wrote:

He's an International Joe, so there should not be a problem with that and he's the USA captain but I just feel it's madness when there is plenty of unplaced Welsh talent out there just begging for a chance

Do you know who he was playing for before he signed for the blues?

Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:51 pm
Profile E-mail
REF

I thought there was going to be a limit on overseas players this season - or am I losing my marbles?

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:19 pm
Site Admin

Andrew S wrote:

UC Berkeley, whoever they maybe!!!

Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:21 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

I thought there was going to be a limit on overseas players this season - or am I losing my marbles?

I think that's from next season Jason, but I fail to see why new signings are being made when there is more than enough numbers of foreign players still under contract anyway.

They should not be making any new signings, any teams, not just the Blues!

Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:24 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
REF

If the Blues were to sign international players you would have hoped they were bolstering the front 5. Dew, dew, dew mun. It's the same each season.

Does Dai Young pick the new signings or does someone else do that? Whoever's doing it is not focusing hard enough on the issue at hand.

I guess it could be worse though, at least it isn't yet another back. :roll: :twisted:

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:38 pm
International Player

Post Re: Crazy Blues
Andrew S wrote:
Kort Schubert, the captain of the USA Eagles? team, will today join the Cardiff Blues squad in preparation for the new season. The 25-year-old back rower flies into Heathrow Airport and will then link up with director of coaching David Young and the players who are currently in a training camp in the Midlands.

Shouldn't be allowed to happen, in my opinion. Why did they not sign Cory Harris from the Warriors if they wanted back row cover. Another kick in the teeth for young Welsh players

Same could have been said for Richie Parks before he went to Leeds.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:45 pm
Profile YIM
International Player

Post Re: Crazy Blues
huw.davies70 wrote:
Andrew S wrote:

Same could have been said for Richie Parks before he went to Leeds.

It is a bit strange seeing as they turned down the chance to sign Parksie only a month or so ago but then this may have been brought on only recently by the continuing saga of Baughs injury and another to James Malpas. Perhaps they didn't expect to need another back rower until they were struck with injuries and Rob Appleyard concentrating on the acedemy.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Craig W wrote:
Andrew S wrote:

UC Berkeley, whoever they maybe!!!

Think they're the ivy league W Coast US University .

It's nonsense to import players like this ... again, if we had central contracts !!?? ....s o r r y !.........

Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:00 pm

Across the bay from Oakland

:alien: :lol: :alien:

Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:24 pm
World XV Player

Hes there because Malpas and Baugh are injured, when they are back hes out, of course they could have signed Charvis or Parks for this, but then they wont be there for internationals so its money down the drain.

Not to mention hes also cheap... Its all very well demanding Welsh talent be put through but if its too expenmsive or not up to the task, then whats the point.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:34 pm
Profile E-mail WWW