It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Spice making sense 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 7358
Location: The Diff
Post Spice making sense
Nice to read the interview from Jason Spice regarding his move to the Ospreys. He experienced the changes that occured when New Zealand switched to regional Super 12 rugby, and said that there were loads of teething problems and unhappy people over there when it first went ahead, but it eventually became a success. He sees the same situation at present here in Wales but having experienced it in NZ with the Wellington Hurricanes, knows that things will work out OK.

Its good to hear an outsiders talking from an experienced objective viewpoint, rather than listening to some of the doom and gloom that comes from us Welsh.

_________________
'The bad news is we have lost our way, the good news is we are way ahead of schedule!!!!!'


Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30834
Location: Somewhere nice
Post Re: Spice making sense
[

Its good to hear an outsiders experienced objective view, rather than some of the doom and gloom stuff that us Welsh come out with.[/quote]

It's what we do best Graham!!


Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:12 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 7358
Location: The Diff
Post 
Thankfully I don't follow that path, Keith.

_________________
'The bad news is we have lost our way, the good news is we are way ahead of schedule!!!!!'


Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 7358
Location: The Diff
Post 
Didn't Cery Matthews hit the nail on the head 'equally blessed and cursed'.

_________________
'The bad news is we have lost our way, the good news is we are way ahead of schedule!!!!!'


Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30834
Location: Somewhere nice
Post 
Graham Roberts wrote:
Thankfully I don't follow that path, Keith.


And I'd like to think that I don't either...well most of the time anyway!


Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:19 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 7358
Location: The Diff
Post 
Isn't it odd that we as a race should be like that. No one else in Britain is like it, but us Welsh seem to have mysteriously developed this trait yet there is no real reason behind it.

_________________
'The bad news is we have lost our way, the good news is we are way ahead of schedule!!!!!'


Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
International Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:58 pm
Posts: 1423
Location: Swansea
Post Re: Spice making sense
Keith Lawrence wrote:
[

Its good to hear an outsiders experienced objective view, rather than some of the doom and gloom stuff that us Welsh come out with.


It's what we do best Graham!![/quote]

"Hey butt, its strange that we're all like mind innit?"
"oh aye..."
"mind ew, I'm not like that mind..."
"Nor Me!!!"

_________________
C'mon The Whites!! Oh and blacks! Oh, s** it! Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Ospreys, Ospreys...


Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:55 pm
Profile YIM
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:01 pm
Posts: 4408
Post 
Graham Roberts wrote:
Isn't it odd that we as a race should be like that. No one else in Britain is like it, but us Welsh seem to have mysteriously developed this trait yet there is no real reason behind it.


Machiavellian genetic trait I'm afraid........

Anyway, :

''nowt as funny as folk 'cept thee and me and thee's a little queer !"

PS... would you'd rather be one of the others in Britain ? :twisted:


Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:47 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30834
Location: Somewhere nice
Post 
gwynt wrote:
Graham Roberts wrote:
Isn't it odd that we as a race should be like that. No one else in Britain is like it, but us Welsh seem to have mysteriously developed this trait yet there is no real reason behind it.


Machiavellian genetic trait I'm afraid........

Anyway, :

''nowt as funny as folk 'cept thee and me and thee's a little queer !"

PS... would you'd rather be one of the others in Britain ? :twisted:


Not a chance ...as my previous moniker stated 'Every day when I wake up I thank the Lord I'm Welsh!!


Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:54 pm
Profile
REF
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:38 am
Posts: 20578
Location: South Wales
Post 
Spice said some good things... but I still don't think he should have been brought in at a region who's already got a decent Welsh scrum half who may get less games as a result.

Sorry but someone's got to be all doom and gloom, and Terry isn't playing ball :wink:

_________________
Is learning Welsh for free with Say something in Welsh.com

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.


Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:48 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:01 pm
Posts: 4408
Post 
Jason Clee wrote:
Spice said some good things... but I still don't think he should have been brought in at a region who's already got a decent Welsh scrum half who may get less games as a result.

Sorry but someone's got to be all doom and gloom, and Terry isn't playing ball :wink:


How long has this guy been here to make assumptions and statements ref Welsh rugby, I've been around here 62 years and I'm still confused ! :oops: :wink:


Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:50 am
Profile
REF
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:38 am
Posts: 20578
Location: South Wales
Post 
gwynt wrote:
Jason Clee wrote:
Spice said some good things... but I still don't think he should have been brought in at a region who's already got a decent Welsh scrum half who may get less games as a result.

Sorry but someone's got to be all doom and gloom, and Terry isn't playing ball :wink:


How long has this guy been here to make assumptions and statements ref Welsh rugby, I've been around here 62 years and I'm still confused ! :oops: :wink:


Good to see you back on form.

Good point too, although I guess sometimes we need an outside perspective. I think outsiders aren't going to be as averse to change the way insiders are, although we must be moving forward there as even an Aberavon fan can embrace the Ospreys!

It seemed for a while that using foreigners/outsiders was "en vogue" so we could capitalise on their outside experience, winning culture etc. But now we've turned full circle and think that only a Welshman could understand the Welsh psyche... wait 20 years and we'll be employing a foreigner/outsider again, the classic management circle...

_________________
Is learning Welsh for free with Say something in Welsh.com

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.


Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: