It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Spice making sense 
World XV Player

Post Spice making sense
Nice to read the interview from Jason Spice regarding his move to the Ospreys. He experienced the changes that occured when New Zealand switched to regional Super 12 rugby, and said that there were loads of teething problems and unhappy people over there when it first went ahead, but it eventually became a success. He sees the same situation at present here in Wales but having experienced it in NZ with the Wellington Hurricanes, knows that things will work out OK.

Its good to hear an outsiders talking from an experienced objective viewpoint, rather than listening to some of the doom and gloom that comes from us Welsh.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Post Re: Spice making sense
[

Its good to hear an outsiders experienced objective view, rather than some of the doom and gloom stuff that us Welsh come out with.[/quote]

It's what we do best Graham!!

Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:12 pm
World XV Player

Thankfully I don't follow that path, Keith.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Didn't Cery Matthews hit the nail on the head 'equally blessed and cursed'.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Thankfully I don't follow that path, Keith.

And I'd like to think that I don't either...well most of the time anyway!

Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:19 pm
World XV Player

Isn't it odd that we as a race should be like that. No one else in Britain is like it, but us Welsh seem to have mysteriously developed this trait yet there is no real reason behind it.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
International Player

Post Re: Spice making sense
Keith Lawrence wrote:
[

Its good to hear an outsiders experienced objective view, rather than some of the doom and gloom stuff that us Welsh come out with.

It's what we do best Graham!![/quote]

"Hey butt, its strange that we're all like mind innit?"
"oh aye..."
"mind ew, I'm not like that mind..."
"Nor Me!!!"

Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:55 pm
Profile YIM
World XV Player

Isn't it odd that we as a race should be like that. No one else in Britain is like it, but us Welsh seem to have mysteriously developed this trait yet there is no real reason behind it.

Machiavellian genetic trait I'm afraid........

Anyway, :

''nowt as funny as folk 'cept thee and me and thee's a little queer !"

PS... would you'd rather be one of the others in Britain ? :twisted:

Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:47 pm
World XV Player

Graham Roberts wrote:

Machiavellian genetic trait I'm afraid........

Anyway, :

''nowt as funny as folk 'cept thee and me and thee's a little queer !"

PS... would you'd rather be one of the others in Britain ? :twisted:

Not a chance ...as my previous moniker stated 'Every day when I wake up I thank the Lord I'm Welsh!!

Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:54 pm
REF

Spice said some good things... but I still don't think he should have been brought in at a region who's already got a decent Welsh scrum half who may get less games as a result.

Sorry but someone's got to be all doom and gloom, and Terry isn't playing ball :wink:

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:48 am
World XV Player

Spice said some good things... but I still don't think he should have been brought in at a region who's already got a decent Welsh scrum half who may get less games as a result.

Sorry but someone's got to be all doom and gloom, and Terry isn't playing ball :wink:

How long has this guy been here to make assumptions and statements ref Welsh rugby, I've been around here 62 years and I'm still confused ! :oops: :wink:

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:50 am
REF

Jason Clee wrote:

How long has this guy been here to make assumptions and statements ref Welsh rugby, I've been around here 62 years and I'm still confused ! :oops: :wink:

Good to see you back on form.

Good point too, although I guess sometimes we need an outside perspective. I think outsiders aren't going to be as averse to change the way insiders are, although we must be moving forward there as even an Aberavon fan can embrace the Ospreys!

It seemed for a while that using foreigners/outsiders was "en vogue" so we could capitalise on their outside experience, winning culture etc. But now we've turned full circle and think that only a Welshman could understand the Welsh psyche... wait 20 years and we'll be employing a foreigner/outsider again, the classic management circle...

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:14 am